Unpopular opinions.

I think I'm right in saying this Scotland pinstripe Jersey from 2002 wasn't well liked but I really liked it. It fitted me nicely and I wish I still had it.

s-l1200.jpg

49 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I think I'm right in saying this Scotland pinstripe Jersey from 2002 wasn't well liked but I really liked it. It fitted me nicely and I wish I still had it.

s-l1200.jpg

It was miles better than the current top.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We get it, you don't like rugby.

You don't need to desperately scramble to proclaim it and mention pishing in pint glasses every time a reference to rugby is made. We won't all suddenly think you are a rugby fan. This isn't 1950s America with McCarthyism.

It's ok to not like rugby. It's also ok to like it. 

See also; any mention of a penis, when posters rush to note that they have a huge one.

Where do you stand on lacrosse or polo?

3 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

s-l1200.jpg

I saw one of them in the window of a charity shop in Clerk Street the other day. Not sure if it was a replica or an original though. 

On 30/05/2024 at 21:55, Dan Steele said:

I've just watched the first episode of the new Rebus. Gregory Burke's writing was its usual sloppy rubbish with poor characterisation and the cast acting wasn't much better.

I came to this thread to post about Rebus.

I get that the main character is supposed to be troubled and edgy, but he's such an arsehole it's unrealistic he'd ever have any friends, or actually function in any workplace, in real life. 

I made it to the end of the first episode but haven't watched it since.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

So you're saying it's unpopular to not like rugby and also unpopular to like it?

Rugby is pretty popular though. Doesn't change the fact that it's a shite sport for Tory wanks.

5 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I get that the main character is supposed to be troubled and edgy, but he's such an arsehole it's unrealistic he'd ever have any friends, or actually function in any workplace, in real life. 

Read the books. Hes not got pals.

7 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

He's in the polis.... 

14 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Where do you stand on lacrosse or polo?

I like the ones with the wee alligator, not a big fan of the ones with a wee fella on a horse 

On 22/06/2024 at 20:47, Richey Edwards said:

The Euros > The World Cup

FIFA could cut the crap with the world cup with one simple adjustment, for a host bid to be considered, all the stadiums must already be built before submission, rather than the promise to build if successful. You can still rotate it round the continents but  it would probably limit it to nations with proper football tradition and infrastructure ( maybe Australia could use other sports stadiums IDK) but it would definitely at least put an end to all these white elephants in the middle of nowhere that the last 3-4 world cups have produced.  The stadium in Manaus brazil, where England played they're opening game of 2014 WC is now home to a team with a support of under 4k ( yes, that is less than Falkirk 😉

The world cup in Germany 06 was brilliant

For a real unpopular opinion, England is an ideal nation for hosting a wc

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

4 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

You could say the same for a few European nations - France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium/Holland (a joint bid like Euro 2000) and England as you said all already have the facilities to host a big tournament.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

You could say the same for a few European nations - France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium/Holland (a joint bid like Euro 2000) and England as you said all already have the facilities to host a big tournament.

True, tbf tho, England is a small country and as mentioned, stadiums are already built and well connected, then there's the fact that they haven't hosted anything for decades either. perhaps the fact that they have "the best league in the world" counts against them since so much wealth, coverage and elite players are already concentrated there makes it feel a bit unfair on other nations if they also got tournaments.  Well that and the trouble making element in their support

17 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

FIFA could cut the crap with the world cup with one simple adjustment, for a host bid to be considered, all the stadiums must already be built before submission, rather than the promise to build if successful. You can still rotate it round the continents but  it would probably limit it to nations with proper football tradition and infrastructure ( maybe Australia could use other sports stadiums IDK) but it would definitely at least put an end to all these white elephants in the middle of nowhere that the last 3-4 world cups have produced.  The stadium in Manaus brazil, where England played they're opening game of 2014 WC is now home to a team with a support of under 4k ( yes, that is less than Falkirk 😉

The world cup in Germany 06 was brilliant

17 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

How fucking boring would it become if the world cup was only held in half a dozen countries?  It's part of the attraction for me to see it held in random countries. I personally don't care what happens to the stadiums after the competition. 

Also, being a host nation can help ramp up the game in that country - Japan in 2002 being a classic example.