Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

Imagine if somebody win the Masters and the Tour de France. You could wear the yellow jumper with the green jacket. What other sporting competitions, if any, do you win a item of clothing in when you become champion?

A couple of gems from the same lassie at different times.

Years ago we were sitting in a mate's house watching American football. This lass asked how long was left as she found it boring, and when we replied the 3rd quarter is nearly finished she asked "how many quarters are there?".

Another time while discussing how to share a bottle of vodka between 3 of us, she said it would be impossible to share it equally. When asked why we can't just divide it into thirds she replied "you don't get thirds, just halves then quarters" :lol:

Imagine if somebody win the Masters and the Tour de France. You could wear the yellow jumper with the green jacket. What other sporting competitions, if any, do you win a item of clothing in when you become champion?

That outfit would be enhanced by accessorising with a WWE Championship belt IMO.

My brother convinced his ex that that horrid "Let's go, Andy, let's go" chant at Wimbledon was actually "Come on, Andy, tennis him".

This got extended to all pishy sports, such as "I see Scotland got rugby'd tae f**k again yesterday" and "Ha, that's Australia cricketed England's c**t right in at that Ashes."

I also mind my mates and I talking about the upcoming World Cup Final in 2006 and how it would be "nice for Zidane" to go out on a high with a win. My mate's sister chips in: "Who, Zidane Hussein?"

A couple of gems from the same lassie at different times.

Years ago we were sitting in a mate's house watching American football. This lass asked how long was left as she found it boring, and when we replied the 3rd quarter is nearly finished she asked "how many quarters are there?".

Another time while discussing how to share a bottle of vodka between 3 of us, she said it would be impossible to share it equally. When asked why we can't just divide it into thirds she replied "you don't get thirds, just halves then quarters" :lol:

Learnt her arithmetic from buying small bottles of vodka..

Was on a works do recently and we were in a pub that had nice Stella glasses with the gold rim.

Someone asked a lassie if she would put one in her handbag...

She said no because it's designer.....thinking that he meant with the beer in it.

Thing is she gets paid more than me.

:-(

Was on a works do recently and we were in a pub that had nice Stella glasses with the gold rim.

She said no because it's designer.....thinking that he meant with the beer in it.

Give the main boss a blow job you might get a payrise

You still get dribbles and the risk of breakage. She's right on this one.

Agreed. Any sport that stops for tea and dinner, lasts 5 days and can still end up in a draw, is a sport for rotters.

...or stops for a wee bit of rain. No wonder their top cricket ground is called Lords.

Just had a bizarre online chat via fb with a former pupil (who I always thought was quite bright, due to graduate this year from Edinburgh).

She: so where are you now sir

Me: just outside Chicago

She: teaching?

Me: no, not working at all at the moment

She: so no jobs near Stirling?

Me Stirling?

She: yeah Stirling, near Chicago isn't it, or is it in Fife?

Me: err no

Probably.

I'd advise a left swipe.

How will I know?

I've never "left-swiped". I prefer to tap the button that views other photos and find out if they have anything to say about themselves (which is usually "say hi, don't be shy" ... missing the point of Tinder completely). And other photos.

A true ladies' man.

My brother convinced his ex that that horrid "Let's go, Andy, let's go" chant at Wimbledon was actually "Come on, Andy, tennis him".

This got extended to all pishy sports, such as "I see Scotland got rugby'd tae f**k again yesterday" and "Ha, that's Australia cricketed England's c**t right in at that Ashes."

Dragged a laugh out of me for reasons that I don't understand - well done! :lol:

You still get dribbles and the risk of breakage. She's right on this one.

Are we still talking about putting beer glasses in handbags?

On the way to the canteen earlier to get a bacon roll and I was stuck behind three slow moving lassies. They were talking about the training you can do down the glen in Dunfermline where a military guy shouts at you etc (this sort of thing). One said it was pretty tough going when another chipped in with the comment that the instructor has it easy as he doesn't have to do the exercises. The third girl piped up that it might have been easy for the instructor, but he 'always has to go to loads of wars'.

I snortled (snorted and chortled at the same time).

Edited by DA Baracus

I also mind my mates and I talking about the upcoming World Cup Final in 2006 and how it would be "nice for Zidane" to go out on a high with a win. My mate's sister chips in: "Who, Zidane Hussein?"

:lol::lol::lol:

On the way to the canteen earlier to get a bacon roll and I was stuck behind three slow moving lassies. They were talking about the training you can do down the glen in Dunfermline where a military guy shouts at you etc (this sort of thing). One said it was pretty tough going when another chipped in with the comment that the instructor has it easy as he doesn't have to do the exercises. The third girl piped up that it might have been easy for the instructor, but he 'always has to go to loads of wars'.

I snortled (snorted and chortled at the same time).

Was thinking of going to Commando training - lots of females.

They try and get you on Herbalife thing though but it would be a good way to meet people.

You should have chipped in with some info, or were they munters?