E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I'm quite happy with my galaxy S2 and not looking to upgrade yet. However I've had it over a year and the battery life is humpty due to the amount of times it's been charged.

I'm in a similar position with my Sensation XE. The battery appears to be deteriorating now, though the phone is nearly a year old. It wouldn't be much of an issue, but I think I'm just going to stick with this phone when my contract expires and go sim only. I just don't see any phones that take my fancy, and I'm buggered paying £36 when I can cut my current bill to £20 with a phone that I'm happy with.

You can buy batteries on Ebay. Obviously that carries the danger of buying fake ones, but I'd assume there are plenty sellers out there selling proper ones? How much would one expect to pay for one of these?

Edited by Michael W

I'm in a similar position with my Sensation XE. The battery appears to be deteriorating now, though the phone is nearly a year old. It wouldn't be much of an issue, but I think I'm just going to stick with this phone when my contract expires and go sim only. I just don't see any phones that take my fancy, and I'm buggered paying £36 when I can cut my current bill to £20 with a phone that I'm happy with.

You can buy batteries on Ebay. Obviously that carries the danger of buying fake ones, but I'd assume there are plenty sellers out there selling proper ones? How much would one expect to pay for one of these?

I went down to my local "laptop repair / phone unlocking" shop (in Partick there are approximately 4,200,000 of these) and the guy said he'd have one in tomorrow for my S2 for £8, which seems reasonable.

I went down to my local "laptop repair / phone unlocking" shop (in Partick there are approximately 4,200,000 of these) and the guy said he'd have one in tomorrow for my S2 for £8, which seems reasonable.

I love the couple of smrtphones I have had, but I had a prob with a battery and so never ever will get one with an integral one as being PAYG it wouldn't be good. Sux, cos I would love top range HTC..........

Recently moved back in with the parents and my mum has an ancient router supplied by Telewest Broadband circa 2006. Can I phone up Virgin and ask them to send me a new wireless one?

If you phone them ask for a Superhub as its a wireless modem/hub/router all in one. Some of the firmware was a bit ropey at first but in general its pretty good now, Also make sure and ask them about loyalty discounts while you are on to make sure you are getting a good deal, even saying you are thinking about leaving is usually enough to get some discounts for a year at least :)

Anyone know how to root a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1? From looking around on various forums it seems like it's fairly straightforward if it's running Android 4.0.3, but mine is running 4.0.4 and I haven't found a good step-by-step guide. Anyone who's done it before?

Anyone know how to root a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1? From looking around on various forums it seems like it's fairly straightforward if it's running Android 4.0.3, but mine is running 4.0.4 and I haven't found a good step-by-step guide. Anyone who's done it before?

Root note 2 on 4.04

xda forums are a must read for any Android owner.

The one downside of rooting an android device is that SkyGo wont work. I dont think its available for the note 2 10.1 yet, but if you were thinking about trying it later, rooting isnt a good idea

Root note 2 on 4.04

The one downside of rooting an android device is that SkyGo wont work. I dont think its available for the note 2 10.1 yet, but if you were thinking about trying it later, rooting isnt a good idea

It's the Tab I've got, not the Note, but cheers anyway.

Ended up charging me £6 - it's 1150 mAh compared do the default of 1650 mAh, but I suppose I can now use both of them.

I got a new laptop in November, but i'm constantly having to clear the cache (sometimes every 30mins) as the formatting of various websites goes to shit.

Any ideas what causes this, and what a better fix would be than just clearing the cache?

Ta!

Get ccleaner installed along with advancedsystemscare both with do the job fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a bunch of avi and one mkv films, all legal of course.

I want to burn them onto a DVD - can I do this with Roxio Burn?

My Blu Ray player doesn't play avi - will the burner convert into mpeg automatically?

I don't have any discs as yet to try.

If youve got a 360, get a USB wireless receiver and use your xbox controller. Or, pick up a wired 360 controller with a USB adaptor

i used to have an xbox and the controller with the charger adapter i had didnt work on the laptop?

or did you mean the actually standard cabled one?

A search engine called YHS delta has taken over as my homepage. I've tried googling about it but there doesn't seem to be much info on it, apart from it's a virus that should be removed. I've tried a system restore aswell as uninstalling a couple of programmes I installed today (no doubt it's come from one of them) but it's still there. Any ideas?

A search engine called YHS delta has taken over as my homepage. I've tried googling about it but there doesn't seem to be much info on it, apart from it's a virus that should be removed. I've tried a system restore aswell as uninstalling a couple of programmes I installed today (no doubt it's come from one of them) but it's still there. Any ideas?

Seems you have to do it manually.

http://news.loaris.com/delta-search-engine-redirect-virus-how-to-fix/

Due to different system configurations, removing spyware & malware can sometimes cause as much grief as the malware itself...I would recomend posting here for any spyware removal probs...I've used their help myself after the wee boy fecked up my PC 8)

Root note 2 on 4.04

Why would one want to do this in the first place? Heard of it but no idea what it does...