The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Varg comes across as a fucking nutter in that video!! :blink:

If I thought some guy was planning to kill me, the last place I would go would be his apartment......not sure if you can believe any of the shit he was spouting.

Anyone in to Lamb of God?

Anyway, they have revealed the Title, Tracklist, Release Date and Artowrk for their new album.

Resolution

------------------

1.Straight for the sun

2.Desolation

3.Ghost Walking

4.Guilty

5.The Undertow

6.The Number Six

7.Barbarosa

8.Invictus

9.Cheated

10.Insurrection

11.Terminally Unique

12.To The End

13.Visitation

14.King ME

Release Date: 24th January 2012.

logcover.jpg

:D :D

Also theres meant to be a song on it which includes a full orchestra - could be very interesting

Source

So iv started to really enjoy reading Rock/Metal Stars autobiograpghys recently and im just finishing off Corey Taylors at the moment. Can anyone reccomend me any good reads? So far Iv read

Lemmy- White line fever- Cracking read

Anthony Kiedis- Scar Tissue- A bit boring and repetitive and kiedis comes across as a knob in it.

Slash- Slash- Fantastic, great insight into the riff kings life.

So... Anymore i should read?

So iv started to really enjoy reading Rock/Metal Stars autobiograpghys recently and im just finishing off Corey Taylors at the moment. Can anyone reccomend me any good reads? So far Iv read

Lemmy- White line fever- Cracking read

Anthony Kiedis- Scar Tissue- A bit boring and repetitive and kiedis comes across as a knob in it.

Slash- Slash- Fantastic, great insight into the riff kings life.

So... Anymore i should read?

I enjoyed Lemmy's, but I thought the best one I've read by far was Dave Mustaine's. Highly recommended.

Varg comes across as a fucking nutter in that video!! :blink:

If I thought some guy was planning to kill me, the last place I would go would be his apartment......not sure if you can believe any of the shit he was spouting.

...by coincidence, I have been listening to Det Som Engang Var for the last week on permanent rotation in the car on my commute. It just gets better after all these years.

Manowar tomorrow. biggrin.gif

£40 for a ticket. £30 for a shirt. Making us wait an hour and a half before they got on stage....do Manowar get a kick off proverbially kneeing their audience in the balls?

I thought the first half of the show was miles ahead of the second, even if it took 3 songs or so to get the mix right. Battle Hymns provided the soundtrack to my primary school days and hearing it played in its entirety was amazing.

The second half of the show shows how out of touch I've become with Manowar, I only recognised three songs.

Not a bad night overall but not exactly value for money...

£40 for a ticket. £30 for a shirt. Making us wait an hour and a half before they got on stage....do Manowar get a kick off proverbially kneeing their audience in the balls?

I thought the first half of the show was miles ahead of the second, even if it took 3 songs or so to get the mix right. Battle Hymns provided the soundtrack to my primary school days and hearing it played in its entirety was amazing.

The second half of the show shows how out of touch I've become with Manowar, I only recognised three songs.

Not a bad night overall but not exactly value for money...

Yeah the pricing for the merch was outragous i though, wasnt going to spend than on a shirt (and even though you got a CD with it, Manowar CD's for the most part can be picked up cheaply anyway so it made no difference to me) as was the waiting time (and there was even a 10 minute intermission to boot <_<)

The actual show was good though, no messing around just track after track, school of rock power stances aplenty and the music as awhole was really good even as crunchie said i didnt know much of the 2nd half material either but i still enjoyed it. No "Wheels of Fire" or "Guyana (Cult of the Damned)" was disapointing though, really like those 2 tracks.

Just glad i can say ive seen them live now. Which was the main reason i went, felt if i didnt go now, i might not get the oppertunity to again.

On a side note: Amon Amarth are coming back and playing the abc next year as the main act. Can't wait for that :D

GWAR guitarist Corey Smoot (know as Flattus Maximus) has died. Only heard a few of their tunes but they were always pretty funny.

Sad to see another musician going so young.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165600&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The mighty, MIGHTY Skindred are coming in april to play the 02 ABC. And....Wait for it..........tickets will be a cool 5 pounds. I AM SO THERE

What night? I was well impressed by them when they supported Rob Zombie...might go to this if its a thurs/Fri/sat.....can't argue with a fiver!