The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I know it's not Metal.....but I think more of the Metal crew would appreciate knowing about this than simply posting in the gigs thread...

Rodrigo Y Gabriella

o2 Academy Glasgow

21/02/2012

£20

:D

I can hear the cries of "Who gives a f**k?" from here.

I never thought i'd see the day where i'd say something like that, but I genuinely believe they might be surprised at just how close to it they have taken the band.

Heavy rumours flying around that Metallica will be announced for Download next year tonight on Zane Lowe's show on Radio 1. Lets hope its not with Lou Reed.

Of course its Metallica. Lars is a guest on the show tonight.

also Andy Copping said there was a twist to the announcement

The two iv heard is that Lou Reed will be present. the other one is the black album in full cause its been 20 odd years since its been released?

I can hear the cries of "Who gives a f**k?" from here.

I never thought i'd see the day where i'd say something like that, but I genuinely believe they might be surprised at just how close to it they have taken the band.

Having never seen them then yeah, I'll probably go. They're still fucking amazing and at a festival they'll probably play less off of the newer albums than on a tour.

If they added Machine Head as another headliner then I'm there.

Whats with all the negativity? Metallica on the sunday night will be a fantastic sing along to end the festival. The black album in full plus the greatest hits? Is a great set.

Id also like to point out about 3 years ago I went through a period where I absoloutly despised Metallica, but prior to that they were one of my favourite bands. It was a phase where I was being abit of a " I hate any metal thats popiular and in the public eye" kind of guy. But they dragged me back into absoloutley loving them. Why? Classic and beautifully written songs( Also me realising I was being an absoloute knob :lol: ). Once the dust settles from lulu I expect everyone to go back to realising how fantastic they actually are.

If Machinehead sub to Tallica or headline, plus another 1/2 fantastic headliners- say Rammstein and Maiden- This download could be a fantastic download

Edited by Zizou-5

Black Sabbath look very likely to the second headliner announced tomorrow (friday).

If so then ticket bought.

Apparantly one of the guys from Manowar said on twitter that they were playing with sabbath at knebworth. I thought that might mean Soni

Never really got in to the black album, now if they were doing the whole of ride the lightning.

Or Kill Em All, that'd be amazing.

Black Sabbath look very likely to the second headliner announced tomorrow (friday).

If so then ticket bought.

To be honest, "meh". I'd love to be able to see them and say that, but I've not heard good things about them recently. I'd hate for it to be like Guns n Roses. Is Ozzy not all over the place, vocally, these days?

Or Kill Em All, that'd be amazing.

To be honest, "meh". I'd love to be able to see them and say that, but I've not heard good things about them recently. I'd hate for it to be like Guns n Roses. Is Ozzy not all over the place, vocally, these days?

Nup, he was fcuking amazing at Ozzfest in London last year :D

Apparantly one of the guys from Manowar said on twitter that they were playing with sabbath at knebworth. I thought that might mean Soni

I see...I hope that's not true....

Andy Copping has said there will be another headliner announced tonight, and that kid of coincides with the Sabbath announcement today

(they have a countdown on their website for it as well)

We'll see soon enough I guess