The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

anyone know if Sabbath are planning a uk tour?? i wont make it to Donnington and fear as "the iron man" has cancer they might only play a few dates

Think they're just doing festivals.

Im gunna to hold off buying a ticket for it atm anyway, with the Bill Ward fallout i wouldnt be at all surprised if the whole thing disintegrated <_<.

Aye, agreed. It looks like it's on pretty tender hooks. The other headliners are brilliant and the lineup looks good. If Soundgarden got moved to the headline spot it'd be amazing.

Move Soundgarden up and bring in Alice in Chains behind them. Or bring in Pearl Jam ahead of Soundgarden, have a Seattle lovefest biggrin.gif

So Mastodon (first time going a gig at the Barrowlands looking forward to that) and Dream Theater (Clyde Audotorium, interesting choice) this week, whos all going? Looking forward to both, seeing Mastodon play a full length set should be really good.

I know Alestorm are also playing this week but going to give that a miss, already seen them twice and no realy urge to see them again at the moment.

Amon Amarth next month should be great, still need to get a ticket for that. They were brilliant in support off CoB last year.

Did anybody go and see Edguy at all? Was disapointing they didnt play anywhere in scotland and didnt really want to spend money for travel, accomodation and such to go down south :(

I'll be at Mastodon on Tuesday. Seen Mastodon once before, supporting Tool at the SECC. I thought they were disappointing that day but headlining at The Barrowlands should mean they will sound much better.

I realised that it'll be almost 10 years (!) since I attended my first proper gig - System of a Down at The Barrowlands in March 2002. The support that day was a certain band called The Dillinger Escape Plan.

I know some mates who are going down to Dream Theater but with Mastodon and Rammstien this month I'm not bothering with that. I have to admit the new DT album hasn't really excited me like the last albums have.

Also saw Maiden Scotland in Greenock on Saturday night, surprised at how good they were. Excellent set too, Children of the Damned was in there.

Saw them 3 or 4 times now, they're bloody fantastic! singer has some pipes on him.

One of the times they played the full Seventh son album...epic.

Slayer hitting the studio in March :D :D :D

I still dont think ive listen to their last album completely dispite owning it, The title track was pretty damn good though. Disapointed they didnt play at soni because it sounded great live when i watched the Sofia "Big 4" gig.

I still dont think ive listen to their last album completely dispite owning it, The title track was pretty damn good though. Disapointed they didnt play at soni because it sounded great live when i watched the Sofia "Big 4" gig.

They played quite a few songs from it on the UK tour. What a gig that was

I thought World Painted Blood was absolutely fantastic mate. It was different for a Slayer album, certainly a different direction from Chris Illusion. I'm a total slayer fan boy though..... The title track is an absolute stormer though, hoping for more of the same on the new album. For me it's the best one since Divine Intervention.

Check out Psychopathy Red, Unit 731 and Hate Worldwide for the classic Slayer sound.

Try out Playing With Dolls, Human Strain and Beauty Through Order for something a bit different!

World Painted Blood really was a hell of an effort from them. I can't stress enough how correct the last reply was. I'm always a sucker for Slayer though, so I'm biased.

Extremely late notice but I've two tickets for sale to Mastodon tomorow night at the barras.

Cant go due to illness, im in Perth but willing to travel half way if needed.

£40 ono, just looking to make my money back.

Mastodon tonight, well excited. Bit gutted about the last few set lists though.

I actually think if its anything likes Manchester's il be really happy, gave Leviathan another listen to today and it really is a great album and its well represented on that list. Blood Mountain and Remission too.