The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I'm a fan of that cover too. I thought the Mercyful Fate thing was fucking rancid. Much of the stuff on Garage Inc. is poor actually. Sabbra Cadabra is good though.

Really? I think it's a cracking album. Free Speech, It's Electric, Sabbra Cadabra, Turn the Page, Die Die My Darling, Whiskey in the Jar, Am I Evil, Blitzkreig, So What and Overkill are all good covers, whether they're better than the original doesn't matter (to me), they're still great songs.

I'm not fussed by songs being better than originals either. Just hope to like them. Disc 1 has some crackers, although I can't disagree stuff on Free Speech. Horrendous.

Disc Two is where the majority of the spanners in the work are. Am I Evil? is stunning though. Their cover of Breadfan might genuinely be one of the worst songs I have ever heard.

Absolute nonsense. Its fantastic, especially the addition of A National Acrobat halfway through.

I'm a fan of that cover too. I thought the Mercyful Fate thing was fucking rancid. Much of the stuff on Garage Inc. is poor actually. Sabbra Cadabra is good though.

Sorry I can't agree with you guys here. Compared to the original it's terrible. But garage inc does have some crackers on it. Turn the Page and Astronomy are brilliant.

Cannibal Corpse tonight. biggrin.gif

That was a brilliant gig, Enslaved were very impressive too. Expected better from Triptykon but they were still far from bad.

Tonight it's Amon Amarth, Grand Magus and In Solitude. Cracking line-up.

Amon Amarth were spectacular last night, sounded great (The abc is a great venue when it comes to sound quality) and the setlist was pretty strong.

Grand Magus were meh (although i expected as much, bought Hammer of the North when it was released a coupla years ago and wasnt overly impressed).

In Solitude were decent actually, only really paid attention to the last 2 songs they played and i thought they sounded good, need to check them out further.

a good night overall. :)

That was a brilliant gig, Enslaved were very impressive too. Expected better from Triptykon but they were still far from bad.

Tonight it's Amon Amarth, Grand Magus and In Solitude. Cracking line-up.

I had been looking forward to that gig for approaching 6 months, plenty time to get a ticket, says I.

What's that? The gig took place and I forgot all about it? Right, that's not annoying at all. :(

Been listening to Falloch all week as a consolation.

What do you think of Falloch, then, Mr Lights? I saw their first ever gig supporting Winterfylleth and the 'nakh last year, and they seem to have gone from strength to strength since then. I am appreciating the album more and more each time I listen to it.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

I had been looking forward to that gig for approaching 6 months, plenty time to get a ticket, says I.

What's that? The gig took place and I forgot all about it? Right, that's not annoying at all. :(

Been listening to Falloch all week as a consolation.

What do you think of Falloch, then, Mr Lights? I saw their first ever gig supporting Winterfylleth and the 'nakh last year, and they seem to have gone from strength to strength since then. I am appreciating the album more and more each time I listen to it.

I've only listened to the album a couple of times so far but I've liked what I've heard. It was one of these albums that appeared in my recommendations on Amazon and for £4.83 I thought why not. For a first album by a band like this it is impressive. The production is decent enough and the songs are ambitious in terms of ideas and execution.

According to their website they are playing Dundee next month but can't seem to find a link for tickets yet. I'd really like to see them live.

According to their website they are playing Dundee next month but can't seem to find a link for tickets yet. I'd really like to see them live.

As it's at Dexters it'll most likely be pay on the door. That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

I seriously can't stop listening to Falloch now. The bit from 7:25 gives me goosebumps.

Are there any other Scottish bands worth checking out? I almost lost faith in Scottish music when I saw Yashin support Korn last year.

Haha, I warned you!