The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I saw them at Download in.......2009? Aye i think it was 2009. They were pretty decent then.

SAW THEM a coule of years ago (dragonforce) AT IRONWORKS WITH SABATON and 2 other bands although sabaton stole the show dragonforce were still good live

I had a ticket to see Dark Tranquility in Aberdeen back in 2008. However our League Cup semi-final, which was meant to be the week before was rearranged for the night of DT. I obviously went down to Tynecastle for our big cup match and had to witness us collapse 4-1 to Dundee United :(

That sounds like my actual nightmare! I've only seen Dark Tranquility once back in '05 supporting Chimaira. Needless to say they stole the show. Although they were run close by Hatesphere. Another great band in their day. Not listened to them much since the majority of the band left. Jacob was a prince.

dark tranquillity are one of my fave bands

They are a fantastic band.

Do you think you've had a terrible concertgoing experience recently? Well, you've got nothing on the woman who was impregnated in a bathroom at a Megadeth/Motorhead show at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago and took to Craigslist's Missed Connections section to find the father…

"Me: Blue hair, silver tube top, fishnets, Knee high black biker boots.

You: Red mohawk, black pentagram gauges, viper piercings.

I was grinding on you in the pit, then we went to the bathroom, and got f***ed up. You had a nice c**k and I was wasted so I let [you] raw dog it in the stall. You were really good and you had to gag me so I would make too much noise.

Anyway I'm pregnant. It's yours. contact me if you want to be part of your child's life."

Source

:lol:

Edited by Adrian84

Motörhead annual November tour coming to Glasgow 09/11. With the added bonus of Anthrax!

Good times B-)

I think I'll go to this one. I ought to see Motorhead at least once.

I am fairly disappointed generally with the lack of appealing metal gigs up here announced for this summer. Normally we would get at least a few decent download off-dates. Ach well.

Edited by Consolidate

Falloch were great on Sunday night in Dundee. Hearing Where We Believe live was amazing. Shame that there weren't more people there, I think there couldn't have been many more then 40 or 50 people at the gig.

The worst part of the journey home was probably the Megabus back up the road. It was the London-Aberdeen bus so it must have been on the road for at least 10 hours. Stepped on the bus to be greeted by a horrible heat and unpleasant smell.

I see there is a video for Storm Corrosion, the group featuring Steve Wilson and Mikael Åkerfeldt.

You can totally hear the influences of the two guys bands but it appears they have only brought the more mellow, ambient side of the music to this. I was hoping for an awesome heavy fast part to appear but it never arrived :(

I'm willing to wait and see what the rest of the album is like but not too hopeful it is something I'm going to enjoy. Cool video though.

Edited by NorthernLights