The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

£31 + fees. Will the new album be out before this?

Nah its 27.50 + fees, still quite steep though,....

I don't think the new album will be out for before then, they're still mixing it, I think. It could be I suppose...

Nah its 27.50 + fees, still quite steep though,....

I don't think the new album will be out for before then, they're still mixing it, I think. It could be I suppose...

Prob still worth it to see Dave the Rave. It seems a while since they last played here. Few years at least?

Would've preferred the Barras but the 02 should do fine

Megadave is definatly a must, only ever seen them a festivals and the slots they get, they dont get more than an hour usually so might get to hear more stuff this time round.

Would be nice if they decide to shakeup the setlist abit, would love for them to play Sleepwalker amoungst others.

EDIT: New Gamma Ray EP been announced too, yipeee

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=19162

pretty nifty coverart

Edited by DavieCFC

Megadeth have confirmed the new album "Super Collider" will be released in June 2013.

Not in time for the gig in Glasgow...I wonder if they will include a song or two from the new album...probably the first single I reckon.

I'm really glad the gig is at the Academy...I've seen Megs in The Barras, SECC and Academy and there's no contest that they were far superior in the Academy..I wonder who the support will be? Better not be JFAC again :thumbsdown

The drunkest I have ever been in my life was at a Megaduff gig - Rust In Peace tour at the Playhouse in Edinburgh in 1991. I think the Almighty were supporting but I did not get let in through the doors until halfway through the M/D set after a full sunny day on the tonic wine.

Crivvens.

Job For A Cowboy definitely got the worst support band reception I've ever seen, albeit I quite often miss the supports but they got absolutely shat on when they supported Megadeth at the Academy (I want to say it was the United Abominations tour around 2008?). Booed all the way through it and constant "Mega-deth" chants. It really got to the point where you start to feel sorry for them, regardless of how bad they might've been.

Job For A Cowboy definitely got the worst support band reception I've ever seen, albeit I quite often miss the supports but they got absolutely shat on when they supported Megadeth at the Academy (I want to say it was the United Abominations tour around 2008?). Booed all the way through it and constant "Mega-deth" chants. It really got to the point where you start to feel sorry for them, regardless of how bad they might've been.

IIRC, Evile were on the bill for the tour aswell but they missed the Glasgow date as their bus broke down!

Speaking to Andy Marshall ex falloch on Facebook. New stuff sounding guid!

I can't wait to here the new stuff, any idea when the album is likely to surface? I'm hoping soon since they have this gig in April lined up. Tickets for which went on sale today - http://www.tickets-scotland.com/artists.html?event_method=viewevent&event_id=4a017a60-79c7-11e2-99e8-12313d04bc40

I realise I'm late to the party with this, but my friend showed me this hilarious fight between Randy and Mark from Lamb of God after drinking whisky in Glasgow after a gig.

In a kilt as well.

I was at that gig! it was in the Garage during the Ashes of the Wake tour. Still regard that gig as the best i've seen from them. Walls of death.....eeeeverywhere.