The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Price is everything for me here. Anything more than £50 + fees and I'd probably take a pass.

prices range between £45-55 + fees

but yeah, this is great news

Where did you see that? TM are quoting £61..

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/36004A84E75A6691?artistid=734569&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

...I normally wouldn't pay that kind of money...but it's Black Sabbath!

edit: £55+fees actually

I can't believe they are charging £6 quid fees! well I can...it's TM afterall...and that doesn't cover the postage either.

I'll be buying from Ticket Scotland, they are usually decent.

Edited by Mik

45 for Black Sabbath. :lol:

f**k off.

Your surprised?

Metallica was £40, Maiden and Priest were approaching the £40 mark, hell even Manowar was £40. Going to see Rush in may and their prices can be £50-60+

Prices for a band of their stature was hardly going to be cheap, its priced at the going rate for bands/acts of "legendary" status if you like.

Any one listen to nu metal bands like Sevendust, Slipknot, Skindred and Mudvayne?

oh, that is soooo 2001... :P

I used to absolute love Slipknot. I used to cream my pants over S/T and Iowa, even queued outside virgin megastore to get my copy of Iowa signed by them (I still have that somewhere i thnik) totally fell away from them though by the time Vol 3 came out and started getting into older stuff (NWOBHM and such)

Skindred are ok. They are much better live than on record (strangely).

Mudvayne and Sevendust i never really got into

Any one listen to nu metal bands like Sevendust, Slipknot, Skindred and Mudvayne?
oh, that is soooo 2001... :P I used to absolute love Slipknot. I used to cream my pants over S/T and Iowa, even queued outside virgin megastore to get my copy of Iowa signed by them (I still have that somewhere i thnik) totally fell away from them though by the time Vol 3 came out and started getting into older stuff (NWOBHM and such) Skindred are ok. They are much better live than on record (strangely). Mudvayne and Sevendust i never really got into
About the 2001 thing, I think it's a shame that people have fell out with the genre, the only band I can think of that I'm not so keen on is Linkin Park. All they do is change to the next popular genre and there latest album didn't impress me

About the 2001 thing, I think it's a shame that people have fell out with the genre, the only band I can think of that I'm not so keen on is Linkin Park. All they do is change to the next popular genre and there latest album didn't impress me

It was thriving between 98-200...2 possibly, as known to many as the Kerrang generation, when Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Adema, Spineshank, Papa Roach, Godsmack, AAF, Slipknot etc were all the business, breaking heavy music into the billboard charts and the radio. (rock stations aside). Even some of the odler bands bought into it looking at Machine head's "Super charger" as a prime example.

All of those bands mentioned still have core fans but it's just not to the height they were back in the ealy 00's. Disturbed, Slipknot and Linkin Park were probably the only ones that properly maintained.

It's the same with a lot of movements, like the thrash era of the 80s, the grunge of the 90s, the NU of the 00's...

it's all still there in various forms, it's just not as popular is all...

I still have a lot of it on my ipod, it's good to go back to what you listened to when you were a teenager. Kerrang still plays most of it, I swear they must play Freak on a Leash and Break Stuff every hour....

Edited by Mik