The Walking Dead

King Kebab

On 24/10/2016 at 03:32, 19QOS19 said:

Aye, not bad. It was hardly superb but it got the job done and the reveal was quicker than I had expected. The other bit was a good addition. Can't really comment on the death yet which is a bit of a bummer but will wait until tonight.

This guy is going to be a right b*****d and I felt quite deflated at the end as to where the group go from here. I'm assuming the guy with the tiger will be good guys and the gang team up with them to take down Negan.

Not a spoiler, did anyone else not think there was an axe on top of the RV?

Yes!

I enjoyed it. There was a bit of relief when Abraham died - I liked him but wasnt that bothered to see him go - but going back and taking out Glen was a real kick in the stones. Especially the scene after he's taken the first hit, that was almost too much.

The problem with the show, now, for me is Rick. I love Rick, and Andrew Lincoln is fantastic, but hes not going to die anytime soon which means theres no suspense when he gets put into dangerous situations. Its taken a big part of what the show used to be away. And when Rick does die, there is no WD anymore

there seems to be real religious/cult overtones- the testing of rick with carl at the end is like god and,was it?,isaac being asked to sacrifice his son,being about to do it and god saying,thats fine,sacrifice that ram instead.also,negan said hed be back to see what "offerings" theyd got for him in a week.needless to say hes the old,not new,testament god,abrahams and glenn sure got a good smiteing.

and yes,there definitely was an axe on the van roof

8 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

It's the sheer glee of Negan that I like. There appears to be no conflict within or some sort of good guy turned bad idea in it. He's just a c**t.

Agree. Would be pretty awesome to have an episode showing his back story. Can't begin to imagine what that what would be like!!

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

What's the story behind that? I can't remember it.

Its when Rick and the Group first visit Hilltop, and make a deal to kill Negan and the Saviours for half of the Hilltops supplies (a deal Maggie makes..), they then head to some building a kill a bunch of folk in their sleep, and those photos are hanging on the wall in one of the rooms.

Obviously on Monday night you see folk taking photos of Glenn and Abraham's "skulls" in the background.

There's no way Negan threw that on top of the RV. It was thrown away from the RV and Rick climbed on top to avoid the horde of walkers. I'll have to watch again if I can be bothered but the angle in which he threw the axe suggests he didn't throw it in the air.

And why would Rick have thrown the axe so far away from the corpse he was jumping onto? Negan clearly threw the axe out the door into the smoke and to where Rick found it. There just happened to be another axe on the roof of the RV (or more likely they changed the scene having already shot some of it).

Also, someone asked earlier where all the walkers had been during all of that only for them to suddenly stumble across some later in the RV. It was only just the break of dawn, so the walkers were obviously attracted to the big fire in the dark. Hence why Negan knew exactly where to take Rick to put him up against some Walkers, he knew they'd have been attracted by the fire they had set to the roadblock. It was all part of the plan.

Looks more like he threw it on the roof in that video tbh. For some reason I recalled it as if he threw it clearly out the door. I couldn't recall that noise being so clear either. Is there a video of him dropping it after falling from the corpse? I can't recall him picking it up from the roof.

Being a promo I would take it with a pinch of salt, as I said it's most likely it was tinkered with mid-shoot where the axe was. In the aired version I saw, I don't recall a noise of it hitting the roof, you don't ever see him picking up the one on the roof or throw it to where he found it (quite a long way from where he dropped from the walker). I'll have a watch of the proper one again later.

Aye that's what I thought. I definitely can't recall the noise and I thought he clearly threw it out. Will have to have a look again to satisfy my own irritating obsession.

ETA. Just watched it back there and he definitely throws it onto the roof and you can hear it as clearly as you can in the video above. I thought the episode was pretty meh but along with others who clearly haven't caught the noise, I must have been totally engrossed in the drama not to hear it :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if they had some continuity issues due to filming the execution scenes first. When Negan leaves he throws the axe up in the air and you can see its clean when it lands. That would then explain  the weird scene in the motor home when he takes out the first aid kit to clean the axe.

Edited by Pepper