The Walking Dead

King Kebab

In any other zombie stuff I've seen/read, it tends to be down to how long they've dead and reanimated for. As with actual corpses, the longer they've been a zombie for, the more decomposed their body becomes and that's when they struggle to move and become sluggish.

You'd think that after a few months they'd be immobile, not through complete decomposition, but surely the nervous tissue in the muscles, that control motion would rot quite quickly, and it's not like the zombie's digestive systems work (else why decompose in the first place), do they breathe still? Doe the heart beat? from doomed scientist guy in the first season I took it that whatever the infection is it keeps neurons firing in the lower part of the brain that controls motor functions, thus the corpse's muscles receives electrical signals to move about - how selective is that though, if the zombies can pump blood and process food, they wouldn't decompose - and if they don't, surely the blood would eventually pool in their legs, or coagulate altogether?

I just don't see a zombie being a threat for more than a few weeks or months. You'd think the bigger threat would be all the secondary infections caused by a whole load of unburied dead bodies lying around.

I know, I'm over thinking it.

Was trying to recall whilst watching the episode the other night if we know what caused the outbreak in the first place. Cant remember anything really being explained unless i have missed something?

The cause of the outbreak hasn't been revealed. AFAIK Robert Kirkman has made a point of not wanting the cause revealed.

Rick knows, not in the omics but in the TV Show, recall the Scientist whispering it in his ear in the last episode of Season 1!!!

You'd think that after a few months they'd be immobile, not through complete decomposition, but surely the nervous tissue in the muscles, that control motion would rot quite quickly, and it's not like the zombie's digestive systems work (else why decompose in the first place), do they breathe still? Doe the heart beat? from doomed scientist guy in the first season I took it that whatever the infection is it keeps neurons firing in the lower part of the brain that controls motor functions, thus the corpse's muscles receives electrical signals to move about - how selective is that though, if the zombies can pump blood and process food, they wouldn't decompose - and if they don't, surely the blood would eventually pool in their legs, or coagulate altogether?

I just don't see a zombie being a threat for more than a few weeks or months. You'd think the bigger threat would be all the secondary infections caused by a whole load of unburied dead bodies lying around.

I know, I'm over thinking it.

Yes you are!!!

Let it go Man, it's not real!!!

This is unreal seeing a load of grown up blokes talking about how they think the zombies should be reacting cause of the condition they are in!!!! ;):lol:

Absolutely love this show but it is very slow just now, my favourite series was the 2nd one, I binged watched it so it didn't feel slow to me at all. I would do the same for this but I'm too keen to see what goes on every week! Favourite scene by a mile is still the girl coming out the barn too!

I'm sure the scientist told him that people are infected and will change when they die, whether they're bitten or not

Yep, the scientist told Rick that everyone's infected and will "turn" when they die, regardless of whether they get bitten or not.

Yep, the scientist told Rick that everyone's infected and will "turn" when they die, regardless of whether they get bitten or not.

Hhmmm

Will have to watch that episode again then, I was sure you saw Rick and the Scientist talking but you didn't hear what they were saying and had to assume what Rick was being told, that it was something important and weighty and another Rick for Ricks back, ergo the source of the outbreak!!!

But of course I could have just all dreamt that!!!!

Hhmmm

Will have to watch that episode again then, I was sure you saw Rick and the Scientist talking but you didn't hear what they were saying and had to assume what Rick was being told, that it was something important and weighty and another Rick for Ricks back, ergo the source of the outbreak!!!

But of course I could have just all dreamt that!!!!

Yeah, Scotty and Confidemus are right. Rick told the group what Dr Jenner had said once they left the farm after Shane coming back proved that Jenner was telling the truth.

This is unreal seeing a load of grown up blokes talking about how they think the zombies should be reacting cause of the condition they are in!!!! ;):lol:

Just because it's a fictional show doesn't mean you have to accept everything as it's happening.

Yeah, Scotty and Confidemus are right. Rick told the group what Dr Jenner had said once they left the farm after Shane coming back proved that Jenner was telling the truth.

That doesn't mean that's all Jenner told Rick though.

Much better today/tonight. Preferred that they went back and forward between the different groups. Can't be long till they meet at the Sanctuary. Enjoyed the bit with Daryl and Beth, dunno how he managed to get away from all the walkers, and Beth driving away leaving him on his own. Not sure what the new group that found him will be like.

Much better today/tonight. Preferred that they went back and forward between the different groups. Can't be long till they meet at the Sanctuary. Enjoyed the bit with Daryl and Beth, dunno how he managed to get away from all the walkers, and Beth driving away leaving him on his own. Not sure what the new group that found him will be like.

The fact you see Beth's stuff lying on the ground and the car speeding away suggests she was taken against her will. Looked maybe like a hearse too which would make sense given they were in a mortuary. Maybe it was the people who were staying there?

I'm not sure about the time line of events now that daryl has met the group that previously crossed paths with Rick at the house.

Was a better episode but still far too slow.

The fact you see Beth's stuff lying on the ground and the car speeding away suggests she was taken against her will. Looked maybe like a hearse too which would make sense given they were in a mortuary. Maybe it was the people who were staying there?

I'm not sure about the time line of events now that daryl has met the group that previously crossed paths with Rick at the house.

Was a better episode but still far too slow.

Yeah I think you are correct about Beth, much better episode.

Much better ep this week. Daryl and Beth story just got very interesting while Maggies group have finally gotten to the point of agreement on going to sanctuary. The real question is the fact of what happens when Daryl figures out hes in the same group of guys that Rick fucked over? I imagine their hunting Ricks group at the moment, could get very interesting and i am now struggling over figuring out who's going to die. Bob was my number one choice but seems to be getting a bit of backstory now but is a very likeable character.

Much better ep this week. Daryl and Beth story just got very interesting while Maggies group have finally gotten to the point of agreement on going to sanctuary. The real question is the fact of what happens when Daryl figures out hes in the same group of guys that Rick fucked over? I imagine their hunting Ricks group at the moment, could get very interesting and i am now struggling over figuring out who's going to die. Bob was my number one choice but seems to be getting a bit of backstory now but is a very likeable character.

Did that group actually see Rick though, apart from the two guys who were killed in the house? Or thinking about it, did Rick actually see any of them? He was always hiding from them!

Edited by IainMorton

Definitely the same group. The only two that saw Rick ended up dead though (what on Earth was that guy doing on the toilet with his trousers up anyway?). The episodes are starting to get better imo, and I'm starting to look forward to them again, unlike the start of season 4.

I don't think the guy that saw Rick under the bed was killed, think he was just knocked unconscious. In fact I'm sure he was in the scene with Daryl in the latest episode. I expect it's going to end up with Rick and the rest of them facing up against the bandits.