The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone else think the playoff final should just be a 1 off match at a neutral venue? The fact that every year there is fixture congestion and people missing out on tickets, surely we should follow the English leagues example of showcasing it at a bigger stadium and make it a proper final

yep with all 4 getting played at the same venue over 2 days

Anyone else think the playoff final should just be a 1 off match at a neutral venue? The fact that every year there is fixture congestion and people missing out on tickets, surely we should follow the English leagues example of showcasing it at a bigger stadium and make it a proper final

Yup. Also there should be two semi-finals, none of this three-tiered playoffs pish. I'd also be open to the idea of the semi finals being one off games hosted at the higher ranked club.

If it wasnt for the money side of things youd be right. Around about 1mill guaranteed for coming 12th in the top flight compared to 400k for 2nd in the champ. To move your club on you have to be in the top flight unfortunately.

If we go up you will burn most of that extra cash on the squad.

I look at the composition of the two leagues next season and of the provincial club I believe there will be bigger ones in the Championship than the Premiership

Dunfermline

Kilmarnock/Falkirk

St.Mirren

Raith

Add to that Dundee Utd and Hibs. With QOS, Morton and Ayr there it is going to be one tough gig.

The Premiership has 4/5 clubs who IMO are smaller

Ross County

ICT

St. Johnstone

Hamilton

possibly Patrick/Motherwell

I think if we get up we have a great chance of staying and consolidating.

Edited by Back Post Misses

The SPFL will always look after the so called big team,the play offs are a disgrace and need to be looked at.Infact it should be a 16 team spfl

I don't remember the game or the pundit but one of our experts on Scottish football was moaning about a couple of end-of-season nothing-to-play-for games on the radio the other night and said it's why an expanded league should never happen.

All this excitement and at the end of it qualifies the winner to play showtime games away to Hamilton accies,Ross county and inversneckie amongst others.Oh the big time.

Missed my Inverness weekends away to the Fitba, the possibility of having 2-4 trips up there make the SPL a bit less meh

Getting away from the crowd w**k....

What's your team for the first leg.

Rodgers

Muirhead

McCracken

Watson

Leahy

Alston

Vaulks

Kerr

Sibbald

Baird

McGoals

McCracken is looking very past it but would rather have Vaulks in midfield.

Bring Miller on for Baird with 30 to go if we need him. He would struggle if we played him in front of the out of form Baird.

Hippo should be brought on as well if needed.

Shepps/Ohara could also be brought on to make a difference.

Rogers

Muirhead Watson Vaulks Leahy

Alston Taiwo Kerr Sibbald

McHugh Baird

If no Taiwo then revert to Friday's team

Was Taiwo injured on Friday?

I think we need Vaulks in midfield and the sad reality of that is that means McCracken plays.

I wonder if he'd consider McCann or Gallacher at RB with Muirhead kicking inside

Was Taiwo injured on Friday?

I think we need Vaulks in midfield and the sad reality of that is that means McCracken plays.

I wonder if he'd consider McCann or Gallacher at RB with Muirhead kicking inside

Yeah, he wasn't on the bench. 

I agree with Vaulks to be honest. I've nothing against McCracken but he's made some fairly high profile errors lately and I've memories of Higginbotham terrorising some defenders at TFS. Massive game for someone like Gallagher to come into and I've not actually seen McCann play for us, really tough choice for Houston.

Edited by ilostmyself

Rodgers 

Muirhead 
McCracken
Watson 
Leahy 

Alston
Vaulks
Kerr
Sibbald

Miller
McHugh

Let Baird have the chance to be the impact sub.  Hippo also to come on.  Hopefully Taiwo is fit too to give a bit of dig

Rodgers

Muirhead

McCracken

Watson

Leahy

Alston

Vaulks

Kerr

Sibbald

Baird

McGoals

McCracken is looking very past it but would rather have Vaulks in midfield.

Bring Miller on for Baird with 30 to go if we need him. He would struggle if we played him in front of the out of form Baird.

Hippo should be brought on as well if needed.

Shepps/Ohara could also be brought on to make a difference.

agree with this