The Falkirk FC Thread

Gone from being indifferent to Alston leaving to really disappointed after his last 4/5 months. I'd go as far to say he's been our most important player the second half of the season.

St Johnstone a decent step up and a club he'll still be a key player for. Probably the best move in terms of game time/wages.

Should've won the cup then m8

Even if we had by some miracle the problem  is its not just this year mate. We're probably going to be stuck in that section every year till they bin it.  We'll probably end up with Ross County, Cove rangers and Elgin city. we cant even get a local derby because of the stupid way its been structured.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Even if we had by some miracle the problem is its not just this year mate. We're probably going to be stuck in that section every year till they bin it. We'll probably end up with Ross County, Cove rangers and Elgin city. we cant even get a local derby because of the stupid way its been structured.

If we were in the SPL then we'd be in the south because of the other northern clubs in there. We are in the north because our seeding pods includes two Glasgow clubs, QOS, Morton and Dumbarton

I've always had a soft spot for Blair. He's provided the club and fans so many happy memories with important goals over the years. My favourite is still his winning goal away to Dunfermline..

Houstie has a meeting with the board today to decide budgets and signings. He’s looking to sign a new ‘keeper, right back, centre back and a midfielder. By the sounds of it McCracken will be there as a coach and last minute back-up if required.

New GK,

New RB – New CB – Grant – Leahy

New Mid – Kerr – Vaulks – Sibbs

Baird – McHugh

With Watson, Muirhead, McCracken + Youth as back up for the defence.

Taiwo, Craigen, Hippolyte + Youth as back up for midfield

Miller, O’Hara, Austin as back up for up front.

I’d get shot of Smith and Shepherd and add another attacking midfielder on top of this.

I personally don't think baird and mchugh together works and would be disappointed if this is how we line up next season. Individually they both did well for us last season but not together. They both played better when Miller was on. I would prefer a more physical presence up front

My biggest flaw from that team is people still not realising Leahy isn't a left back.

2 full seasons of watching him there and folk are content to let him get on with it.

Exactly how many goals down our left side have we to lose before the penny drops

My biggest flaw from that team is people still not realising Leahy isn't a left back.

2 full seasons of watching him there and folk are content to let him get on with it.

Exactly how many goals down our left side have we to lose before the penny drops

^^^Thinks he's Jose Mourinho

if we got a bigger left back maybe Leahy could take alstons position?

100% spot on

Majority of the teams that played us last season hit our left side everytime and we lost a fair amount of goals from there

He's came on leaps and bounds over the season Luke but he's still our weak link

Edited by ToonBairn

The way I see the team lining up next season:

New GK

New RB Muirhead Grant Leahy

New RM Kerr Vaulks Sibbald

McHugh Austin

+ options of

Mehmet,

Gallagher, Watson, New CH (Gasparotto?)

Taiwo, Craigen, Hippolyte, New RM

Baird, Miller, O'Hara