The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Id be delighted IF we get loy however do we think we will be stronger if we lose Leahy Sibbald McHugh aird Baird and pick up only loy and Harris?

Yes, couldn't score for toffee majority of the season, if Hippo gets going and Harris then the ammunition for Loy (altho he is as much a creator himself) and Austin will make up for losing the players we have.

We also have Miller to cameo, who will surely be on the same path as Loy

30 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

not good enough for st mirren,you're welcome to him.

Hopefully you pick up the guy who wasn't good enough for Hamilton but good enough in the third tier for Airdrie

Over the fukn moon with this signing....I kept on going on about Loy could make all the difference to my mate yet, I thot the reality wasn't gonna be.

I'll even have a beer now.

Mixture of relief & delight with that news, almost worth the wait. It got so bad on here that people convincing themselves that they'd be happy with Brian Graham. If Sibbs were to sign on again & a new right back then I'd be quite chuffed with that. We'd go from playoffs hopefuls to title contenders.

I can't recall ever noticing this chap but doesn't it strike anyone as strange that he's been completely written off by successive Dundee managers if he's as good as you guys think? It's not like Dundee are drowning in quality footballers, quite the contrary, so why is he surplus to requirements in a pish Dundee team?

Genuine question. 

Mixture of relief & delight with that news, almost worth the wait. It got so bad on here that people convincing themselves that they'd be happy with Brian Graham. If Sibbs were to sign on again & a new right back then I'd be quite chuffed with that. We'd go from playoffs hopefuls to title contenders.

Rory Loy aside, Brian Graham has scored goals wherever he has been and wouldn't be a disaster if he came in. Now we've got Loy I suspect that'll be that and it'll be hypothetical anyway.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I can't recall ever noticing this chap but doesn't it strike anyone as strange that he's been completely written off by successive Dundee managers if he's as good as you guys think? It's not like Dundee are drowning in quality footballers, quite the contrary, so why is he surplus to requirements in a pish Dundee team?

Genuine question. 

Loy is proven at this level and managed to score 5 in 13 appearances for the worst St.Mirren team in the last 20 years last season. He'll also have a strong pacey forward in Austin playing alongside him.

I think there is more chance of a left back coming in if anything as we only have Gallagher, Henderson at a push could play there I spose. We are covered at right back with the Muirhead/Kidd combo. Unless Kidd gets punted.

Can all the miserable bast*rds on here now positively get behind Houstie and the team please?????

I'm definitely one of those miserable b*****ds you speak of and each playoff kicking it has taken me a little longer to get out of my grumpy slump. By the start of each season I'm generally back and ready to go again. This year I have been concerned but this has lightened my mood big time. Not full on happy clapping mode yet but moving away from boo boy. Add in Sibbs & a right back and I'll be there ready to go again. 100% behind the team tho and that the best I can do just now. Is that ok?

1 minute ago, Rizzo said:

Loy is proven at this level and managed to score 5 in 13 appearances for the worst St.Mirren team in the last 20 years last season. He'll also have a strong pacey forward in Austin playing alongside him.

Rory Loy never at any time, played in the worst St. Mirren side in 20 years.

Lawrence Shankland and Ryan Hardie did.

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Not doubting the guy at all. Just curious as to why he's so highly regarded in the Championship when he seems to be utterly dismissed by even the worst teams in the Premiership. Somebody's clearly misjudging him badly.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Well no, because once he signed.....

Listen, I thought Loy was brilliant for us and led the line fantastically, he wasn't the absolute game changer for us in terms of our season but he was certainly one of the 4 or 5 who were.

You won't catch me saying 'aye he's pish anyway' like the Bairns did when we took Higdon from them. :P 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Listen, I thought Loy was brilliant for us and led the line fantastically, he wasn't the absolute game changer for us in terms of our season but he was certainly one of the 4 or 5 who were.

You won't catch me saying 'aye he's pish anyway' like the Bairns did when we took Higdon from them. :P

Higdon was pish for us though. Astounded to this day he did so well at Motherwell tbh.