The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

That's all we know as well. Hard to see anyone taking him on, the compensation alone would pay a good player's wage for a year at this level. 

What age is he 22? Would that be another 2 years then before anyone can get him for hee haw?

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

No you're right the 10 points we took off you that season had no relevance....

Half the league took ten or more points off us so no it didn't. Better luck next time. 

1498942233330.jpg.2114f06a6bd6b9bb26606ba988f5b8ab.jpg

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No i think the statement asked fans to buy there tickets as soon as feasible so that it made it easier for us to set our budget for this year. We did and hit our target for early bird and we therefore have seen us now make a very good signing in Loy because of that. Im sure if we were struggling that badly we may have to ask our fans to pump in even more cash every month in direct debits but fortunately we haven't reached that low yet.

Haud the fucking bus, a week ago you were on here pishing your pants that Falkirk were just doing the same old shite, signing players within 40 miles of you, doing nothing to excite fans to buy season tickets, Alex Harris :bairn etc. and now you're here championing the great work by the Falkirk board in getting money in early to allow them to bring in players like Loy. :lol:

Scrambling to be one of the big boys (in a small pond) with this shite.

At a quick glance you had just under 5000 at one game v Raith and over 5600 at the next so you will be impacted by RR not being in the league at both the home & away turnstiles. Your crowds for the non big games were 2500 so good luck with that.

Scrambling for f**k all, just pointing out that the original figure was totally wrong.

I'm perfectly at ease with Dunfermline having less budget this year, it makes complete financial sense.

8 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Season ticket update (from twitter)

Dundee united 3880 (5th July)
St mirren 2631 (6th July)
Falkirk 2500 (1st July)
Dunfermline 2234 (23rd june)

I think we were just a couple dozen short of our target to sell 1,000 STs for the West stand, which means it is kept exclusive for Saints fans this season.  That was a few days ago so hopefully we'll be very close now. 

I think we were just a couple dozen short of our target to sell 1,000 STs for the West stand, which means it is kept exclusive for Saints fans this season.  That was a few days ago so hopefully we'll be very close now. 

Apparently 3 short this morning probably target hit now!

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Apparently 3 short this morning probably target hit now!

Ah, hadn't seen that. Cheers.

Obviously your subtotal there was pre-Loy so I'd imagine you'll have shifted a few hundred more by now.

Edit: just seen we are more than 700 tickets ahead of where we were this time last year. Scenes.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Season ticket update (from twitter)

Dundee united 3880 (5th July)
St mirren 2631 (6th July)
Falkirk 2500 (1st July)
Dunfermline 2234 (23rd june)

I heard we had continued to sell well the last few days following pay day etc. Wouldn't be surprised if we are now over 2,600. Fully expect us to hit 3,000 again come the league KO.

Ah, hadn't seen that. Cheers.
Obviously your subtotal there was pre-Loy so I'd imagine you'll have shifted a few hundred more by now.

Yes our total is PL (pre loy) so I'm hoping we've shifted a decent amount since then. Our target is normally 3000 or so. Still a month to go.

Any pars fans have an accurate update on theirs? Interested to see what it is as 2 weeks since last update.

Should be some decent crowds again this season and atmospheres

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:

Should be some decent crowds again this season and atmospheres

Yes, this is what it should be about really. The fact that it's an all-diddy league this year should make it more competitive and gives a few more teams' fans hope of success.

Genuinely think any one from five could win it, plus Dunfermline as very dark horses.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Yes, this is what it should be about really. The fact that it's an all-diddy league this year should make it more competitive and gives a few more teams' fans hope of success.

Genuinely think any one from five could win it, plus Dunfermline as very dark horses.

Dundee Utd, Falkirk, St Mirren, ICT (depending on the rebuild) should comfortably make up the top 4 with Morton behind them. Will hopefully be really competitive at the top, would love a proper title race after the foregone conclusions of the past few years.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

Dundee Utd, Falkirk, St Mirren, ICT (depending on the rebuild) should comfortably make up the top 4 with Morton behind them. Will hopefully be really competitive at the top, would love a proper title race after the foregone conclusions of the past few years.

Well, I'd like to think so, but Morton are looking in decent shape and could spring a surprise (is it a surprise if people are predicting it? I dunno).

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Having said that we still have DU in the league who, all things being equal, are probably the 6th 'biggest' club in the country and really should be miles ahead of the rest in terms of budget and players they can attract. We've probably already seen that to an extent with their signings of Scobbie, King and Keatings as I'm sure they will be paying more than any other club in this league would be prepared to offer.

Hopefully McKinnon gets it way wrong!

United selling 3800 STs isn't good, they budgeted for 4500 according to my United supporting colleague. They had over 5000 last season so that budget is way down even taking into consideration less away supports and a lesser payment from the premiership.

This league is there for the taking. Let's just do this Falkirk.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Having said that we still have DU in the league who, all things being equal, are probably the 6th 'biggest' club in the country and really should be miles ahead of the rest in terms of budget and players they can attract. We've probably already seen that to an extent with their signings of Scobbie, King and Keatings as I'm sure they will be paying more than any other club in this league would be prepared to offer.

Hopefully McKinnon gets it way wrong!

Yeah, I was being slightly cheeky with that and they are clearly a big club still. Those rumours of serious financial concerns refuse to go away, though, and their chairman is a dick.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I see #Loyman has managed to extract the Morton Virgin out from under his rock to come steaming in here with his usual tired patter.

Not long till he works himself into an absolute rage advises someone to take an overdose again. Unsavoury little man.

You seem upset; good. 

1496658545354.jpg.e5a9b751d8eb0cffce58b3054faa8778.jpg

Tbf that tag only applies at Falkirk, who have a particularly gullible and gormless fanbase. 

Well yes, obviously, given that it was a post about a player signing for Falkirk on the Falkirk thread.

I'd say Draper or Doran would be up there as the highest outside United.  Doran is on a fair whack by all accounts.  And of course, he's permanently injured.

Yeah that's a fair point. The legacy Premiership contracts can be horrific. We had dross like Carl Finnigan and Marc Twaddle making good money in 2010.