The Falkirk FC Thread

15 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Would be an incredible signing for us. He'd link up well with Kidd on the right wing.

14 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Kidd starting at right back at the end of January. Robson leaving the club. A certain ex-player returning.

12 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

No, Scott can score goals when he starts matches and plays in his proper position. Unlike another player who'll be heading for the amateurs next summer if not in January.

He has to be taking the piss here, surely. 

6 hours ago, Russ said:

Going to be a bit of a long post this but after the talk of the state of our signings since relegation I’ve got a list of everyone we’ve signed in the last 9 seasons. Genuinely some amount of utter shite in there.

10/11:

Mark Millar
Kenny Deuchar
Ross Perry
Jason Marr
Kallum Higginbotham
Mahdi Khalis
Pedro Moutinho
Tam McManus

The only one of them to really perform that season was Tam McManus who was unlucky to get punted at the end of the season imo. Pedro was finished, Deuchar was arguably worse than his first spell, Millar and Higginbotham both had good second seasons but didn’t do an awful lot this season and less said about the other 3 the better. 3 of the worst defenders ever to play for us.

11/12:

Willie Gibson
Farid El Alagui
David Weatherston
Darren Dods
Jordan White
Rhys Bennett
Michael McGovern

A lot better from Presley this time. McGovern was a fantastic ‘keeper and he’s still no been properly replaced. Darren Dods was a really big player for us for the couple of years the experience we needed at the back and got some important goals whilst no explanation is needed for Farid huge cult hero who banged the goals in that season. Jordan White though ffs.

12/13:

Chris Smith
Johnny Flynn
Sean Higgins
Lyle Taylor
Andy Haworth
Luke Leahy
Ryan McGeever
Will Vaulks

Thankfully Presley’s last season and again his recruitment wasn’t too bad. Even though Chris Smith was fucking terrible. Signed Lyle Taylor to replace Farid and he scored even more goals than him. Some sitter he missed in that semi though. Luke Leahy was signed as a number 10 and he was fairly shite. Played there up front, wide left, wide right, centre mid and was even our sub ‘keeper for a game away to Raith before Houston put him to right-back. And although he only played a handful of games that season what a signing Will Vaulks turned out to be emoji7.png.

12/13 was not too bad? Come on.

Smith, Haworth, Higgins, Mcgeever and flynn were all mince. Leahy never kicked a ball and vaulks only played 6 matches. Lyle Taylor was excellent but it was another terrible season in the recruitment stakes for that time and place.

Edited by Shodwall cat

12/13 was not too bad? Come on.
 Smith, Haworth, Higgins, Mcgeever and flynn were all mince. Leahy never kicked a ball and vaulks only played 6 matches. Lyle Taylor was excellent but it was another terrible season in the recruitment stakes for that time and place.

Aye Leahy and Vaulks never done anything that season but due to their long term success with the club you’ve got to put them down as good signings.

Smith and Haworth aye were both fucking shite and Higgins and Flynn were both bang average imo.

Whilst my opinion on Hughes has mellowed considerably in the past five years, I think people forget he was responsible for signing a huge amount of utter mince as well.

I genuinely don't think he'd have lasted past the first season at TFS if he hadn't rolled a double six with Latapy and Duffy.

3 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Hasn't Sheps been fucking shit even at Edinburgh City level?

Scored 8 goals when he was on loan last season going by wikipedia he hasn't scored at all since he signed for them permanently, i dont even think he is a regular starter for them tbh.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Scored 8 goals when he was on loan last season going by wikipedia he hasn't scored at all since he signed for them permanently, i dont even think he is a regular starter for them tbh.

I believe he has started every game and scored a few goals

1 hour ago, sick boy said:

I believe he has started every game and scored a few goals

Not to diss the lad but i dont think he was our level of player though, but same could be said for O Hara, thats 2 wages that could have went elsewhere. As i said i was going by wikipedia entry on his stats.

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Not to diss the lad but i dont think he was our level of player though, but same could be said for O Hara, thats 2 wages that could have went elsewhere. As i said i was going by wikipedia entry on his stats.

yeah, totally agree. League 2 is his level