The Falkirk FC Thread

People on here were moaning at the fact we missed out on Foster. I'm extremely happy we never got him, Mercer isn't up to much but Foster is a bombscare. Good win today hopefully take momentum from today into next week against Partick.

Edited by FFC 1876

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

People on here were moaning at the fact we missed out on Foster. I'm extremely happy we never got him, Mercer isn't up to much but Foster is a bombscare. Good win today hopefully take momentum from today into next week against Partick.

We've had enough of Foster's arsehole bird as it is. Glad we don't have to put up with her again.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Billet dodged with Foster, anyone who’s doing media elsewhere is a no go for me.

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I thought Partick had a decent squad on paper, with Rudden absolutely molesting defenses at this level. But it doesn't seem to be working out so far, hopefully a good time to play them before they get their shit together 

At the moment ruddens had one decent season with us and done nowt else. Must be serious question marks over whether he's going to make it at any decent level.

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At the moment ruddens had one decent season with us and done nowt else. Must be serious question marks over whether he's going to make it at any decent level.

Think he's been plagued with injuries ever since he left us. Hopefully see Dixon move into centre back next week with Kelly starting as otherwise Graham will have a field day with Hall. Morrison on Foster, nullify Spittal and we should be ok. How long is Mutch banned for? Is it 3 games for violent conduct?

Edited by FFC 1876

Next week is already shaping up as one of those “if we can just” games that we haven’t come good on for a very long time. Let’s see if M&M can change things. It’s the perfect opportunity.

Anton Dowds is reminding me a wee bit of early Andy Nelson. Getting in amongst it and getting chances, just doesnt seem to be able to find the corners. I know BSLM talked him up at the AGM, hopefully they are doing some extra work on finishing. He would be a bit of a handful if he could just make his chances count a bit more.

Good performance all round we certainly needed that. Well deserved win. Defence looked more of a unit for 80 minutes   a fitter looking Alston made a difference and Francis up front has  a football brain. Morrison for me is a quality act, he'll win us games with creativity and assists  have to be lucky and keep him fit. 

Go for the jugular next week v Plastic Whistle, win and even at this stage they won't catch us. Test of M n Ms approach. Away games without fans means home advantage means less. Let's do it.

8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Think he's been plagued with injuries ever since he left us. Hopefully see Dixon move into centre back next week with Kelly starting as otherwise Graham will have a field day with Hall. Morrison on Foster, nullify Spittal and we should be ok. How long is Mutch banned for? Is it 3 games for violent conduct?

2 games

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anton Dowds is reminding me a wee bit of early Andy Nelson. Getting in amongst it and getting chances, just doesnt seem to be able to find the corners. I know BSLM talked him up at the AGM, hopefully they are doing some extra work on finishing. He would be a bit of a handful if he could just make his chances count a bit more.

I tend to agree. It’s promising he is getting into these positions to have 3/4 great chances each game but definitely needs to be more clinical. 

I thought we were very good yesterday but probably more so because East Fife were that bad. Such a poor looking side with very little pace in it which Morrison exploited in every attack. They’ll be battling for the wrong play off spots going on yesterday.

I like the flashes we see of Leitch but he still goes missing far too much. Great feet and always looks to play forward accompanied with a great strike as well. Good to see Alston control the game as his match sharpness increases.

Only negative for me was Ben Hall. Out muscled constantly and definitely the weak link of the side. Hopefully Kelly is ready to start next Saturday.

I agree Alston looked much better yesterday and I also think Leitch played really well, some nice touches and best I've seen him play for us.  

Hall has to go asap, he's a liability and while I agree that almost 33 year old Brian Graham tends to get vastly over hyped on here, any striker with decent ability will expose him.  

I also think East Fife will struggle badly this year and will turn out to be one of the easiest teams to beat this season.  We're still not creating enough chances for me although the weather did play a part yesterday and maybe make that a bit more difficult. 

Overall an improvement but still hard to gauge where we are.  Next two games will be telling and less than 4 points a worry 6/6 and we're off!  

P.s on current form Francis over Dowds but Dowds does seem like the better footballer and might end up being the better partner for Keena imo

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

He reminds me a wee bit of Gareth Hutchison . Probably an 8 to 10 goals a season player but doesn't hide.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Has Brian Graham suddenly become Ronaldo?

If he's playing against Ben Hall he'll absolutely dominate him. With Hall having been at Partick before us they'll all know he's the weak link so even if Kelly's not 100% there yet I'd still rather see him start.