The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Would you have been happy with signing Draper and Vigurs on 3-year deals? Coupled with a Dumbarton centre back and Robbie Leitch?

Nope, although I still think they are better quality signings than those who we have got in.  

The 3 year deal issue is their problem, but if they believe that’s the way to get promoted, they might think that it is worth the risk. 

In saying that, our deals of 2 years to some are possibly a bit excessive as well. 

43 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Oh FFS why don't you piss off you know-nothing moaning gloom merchant. They've made 4 signings - Draper for the treatment table, Vigurs, a centre back from Dumbarton and Robbie fucking Leitch. And that's them got the league sewn up? Go and take your face for a shite. 

Newbornbairn? Aye, you certainly are behaving like a toddler. Get a grip yourself.

Cove have what we don’t have. Strikers that have a track record of putting the ball in the net. 
Unless we don’t sort that area of the pitch out we ain’t getting out of this league as Champions. 

Don't know if this has been mentioned before (I know there chat about it) and I know squad numbers typically mean f**k all but I saw that not only Dowds but Keena has been shunted too. Had 9 last year, 17 this year. Surely means Sheerin has a main man up front in mind.

The knicker wetters wetting their knickers again. Does anyone actually believe we won’t sign at least one striker before the season starts?

Ive had a really good idea…why don’t we wait and see who the strikers are before giving the title to Cove 🤷🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

The knicker wetters wetting their knickers again. Does anyone actually believe we won’t sign at least one striker before the season starts?

Ive had a really good idea…why don’t we wait and see who the strikers are before giving the title to Cove 🤷🏼‍♂️

I bet you were saying the same last summer. Not knicker wetting, just tuned in to what will happen if we don’t sort out the striking part of the team 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I bet you were saying the same last summer. Not knicker wetting, just tuned in to what will happen if we don’t sort out the striking part of the team 

Or the centre of the park. But hopefully we'll get that sorted out with the remaining signings we make.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

We’ll sign strikers.

Whether they are any good remains to be seen but surely we have to at least wait until they are announced before writing them off.

Also, no I wasn’t saying the same last season as I knew who are strikers were and I knew Dowds was huff n puff, Sammon was minging, Francis was worse and Miller was done. As things stand none of us actually know who will play up front next season so I’m gona wait until I do before I start making predictions 👍🏻

We desperately need 2 strikers who are an improvement on what we have.

In saying that, there is some knicker wetting going on imo. The worst management team in professional football and the worst squad in my lifetime were 10 points clear of that cove shite for months. The standard is terrible. This squad shouldn’t be worse, and the management can’t be worse (I think Grainger is a real coup). No one has anything “sewn up” yet 

Cove have megginson who will guarantee you 20 goals at this level in a full season.  Mccallister whilst virtually done can also add a few used sparingly.  We need to find a striker that's going to score us 15 to 20 goals this season. Simple as that. Over to sheerin, Holt, Rawlins and co.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's where you'd hope Rawlins would come in. If he's got links to agents, links to different markets you'd think there must be some folk out there who owes him a favour and could send a couple of players our way. Otherwise what is he actually doing?

Biding his time then increase his shareholding at the appropriate time that gets the most % of the club for as little outlay.

There will not be a coin or a signing instigated by him this season.

Must say i would much rather give two of three year deals to young and hungry signings who we could maybe sell on than I would giving three year deals to a 32 and 33 year old who likely but the hand off being offered such a long deal at their age. There is no incentive for them to oerfor. Take the payday for three years then move into coaching. At least with some younger players like we have signed they have the 9009455 to play for a move to a bigger club.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Biding his time then increase his shareholding at the appropriate time that gets the most % of the club for as little outlay.

There will not be a coin or a signing instigated by him this season.

Again you keep going on about this. Whose going to sell him their shares like? We're all Falkirk fans we don't have then for value. We have them because we love the club. £1 , 40p, 1p people aren't going to sell their shares to this boy so I don't know why you keep repeating this rubbish.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

There's no doubt Nesbitt's regressed but in his first stint at Morton he was one of the best players in the championship that season. Looked a right talent at Celtic previous to that as well so he's got it in him we just need to get the best out of him like we did with Telfer last season. Think he's going to be very much like Morrison in that he has no problem going by a player he just needs to work on his final product. Which is why he's signing with us and not moving upwards. 

Mcguffie I don't know much about but at 23 he's not coming here for his last pay day he's got to kick on or he'll be playing part time football next. 

We've still most likely got at least another 5 signings to be made so we'll see what kind of squad we're looking at come the start of the season. Definitely still need some more quality in but baring in mind where we are as a club right now it's not going to be easy to convince that quality to come play with us. 

Nesbit at Celtic zero games. He had a slightly purple patch at Utd, can't speak for his Morton career but looked like a sand dancer the brief times I saw him on TV, it's the old adage of he should piss the 3rd division

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Would maybe have taken Vigurs on a 1 year deal, never 3 years. We saw what happened with Tidser down in this league & that signing could be history repeating itself. 

I rate Vigurs, never rated Tidser but 3yr is wild

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Would you have been happy with signing Draper and Vigurs on 3-year deals? Coupled with a Dumbarton centre back and Robbie Leitch?

I'd have been happy with one year Vigurs and option for two, he is very much the best signing for this division so far, hopefully we have something up our sleeve to surpass it

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Maybe they have signed Vigurs and Draper because Fyvie is on the move? 

Heart palpitations reading this! Hope not as that would be a big loss. Fyvie just recently signed a 1 year extension to take his contract until end of May 2023.

Would think he's on good money and only an SPL club would sway him to move. He's from Aberdeen, got a job here and working with Aberdeen doing his coaching badges I believe

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Newbornbairn? Aye, you certainly are behaving like a toddler. Get a grip yourself.

Aye maybe, I just get fed up of the incessant, non stop, perpetual whining and that one - new to the board - has done nothing but piss, moan and spread shite since he joined just a few weeks ago. Folk are moaning about every...fucking...thing and now somehow Cove are going to walk the league because they signed a nobody, a crock, Leitch and Vigurs - who County fans describe as "a lazy, narky shitebag",  who  "isn’t the player he once was... his legs are gone and is a bit of a shitehawk these days" and prone to " some mental decision making when it comes to defending

It's absolutely mental the way this thread is going. 

Edited by Newbornbairn

42 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Nesbit at Celtic zero games. He had a slightly purple patch at Utd, can't speak for his Morton career but looked like a sand dancer the brief times I saw him on TV, it's the old adage of he should piss the 3rd division

I rate Vigurs, never rated Tidser but 3yr is wild

I'd have been happy with one year see Vigurs and option for two, he is very much the best signing for this division so far, hopefully we have something up our sleeve to surpass it

I'm sure Falkirk will make some astute signings before the season starts. Just takes one or two at the top end of the park who knows where the goal is and you'll no doubt be firmly challenging / favourites.

Cove have made four signings and who knows how they will all work out. For me, I think we have strengthen slightly but you never know. I'm equally as happy we've kept a hold of our squad from last season and got Milne and Masson back from injury.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

If we are to make some astute signings it needs to happen fairly soon, because none so far with the possible exception of taking Airdrie's best(or one of) player's  get's you excited and sends a statement of intent. We still have jobbers like Hall, Miller.