The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No one is forcing fans. It is their choice to sign up to this and possibly not FSS. Many more see FSS as the best way to support the club a small minority do not. Why should this minority not have a choice? 

That was the point I was trying to make in my original post. The club already had a vehicle for those who didn’t want to join the FSS in the 1876 club. 

They didn’t have to offer the FF, which when originally mooted, looked as though it would be in direct competition and identical to FSS but without anything in return. 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Move on because you keep harping on about this and there is no significant impact on anything. FF is not going to work scraping it makes no odds to anything. As someone else said if it bothers you that much get into the ribs of the FSS reps. 

Sorry but will continue to have the same view point regarding it. I don’t just change my viewpoint to suit others.

My understanding was that the FSS and the Board worked hand in hand to secure this loan so describe it as a handout from FSS is not a true reflection on what has happened IMO. I think it is great that the two organisations seem to be aligned and there is little us and them stuff going on. The reality is though it is actually all us now. The board is the fans board not some cabal we can never shift. 

They did but it’s the FSS who took the loan. The FF was launched regardless. A better working relationship might’ve seen the FF delayed pending the loan and then scrapped as a consequence. 

I see the point in it. It grabs a small minority who for whatever reason won’t join FSS. Does it damage FSS? IMO, and I have said this from the start, it won’t and it hasn’t. As others have said there are much bigger fish to fry. 

If it has any members then that’s potentially members who could have been encouraged to join FSS instead. Ultimately you’ve said it’s pointless too so all I’m saying is it would be a nice gesture to scrap it as a result and focus on helping the FSS. As their own venture in to the scheme has shown, it’s not quite as easy to gain members, particularly not to the level they expected. 

Anyway let’s move on shall we? 

Edited by Van_damage

6 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Sorry but will continue to have the same view point regarding it. I don’t just change my viewpoint to suit others.

They did but it’s the FSS who took the loan. The FF was launched regardless. A better working relationship might’ve seen the FF delayed pending the loan and then scrapped as a consequence. 

If it has any members then that’s potentially members who could have been encouraged to join FSS instead. Ultimately you’ve said it’s pointless too so all I’m saying is it would be a nice gesture to scrap it as a result and focus on helping the FSS. As their own venture in to the scheme as shown, it’s not quite as easy to gain members, particularly not to the level they expected. 

Anyway let’s move on shall we? 

The FSS did take the loan but the terms are so generous it looked a no brainer. I don’t think there is much wrong with the relationship but at times there will be issues that the Board and FSS won’t agree on. I know I am repeating myself but those who have joined this scheme have had 18 months to join FSS. I think the numbers will be so low it won’t make a difference, but the club will get some money out of it. 

Happy to move on

Deliberately kept away from the current debate, however after digesting the posts about the FSS /FF several good points brought to the table by many. For me and my mates the monthly donation (FSS) is merely a way of supporting the club with additional funding each month for as little as two takeaway coffees.
For those that are choosing not to support the FSS but choose to support the FF, personally I have no issues, as for me it’s more funding dressed differently. In the present circumstances any additional £1 invested in the club to get us out this hell hole is good enough for me, ownership/shareholding arguments can wait until we get out the third tier of Scottish football. 

57 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The FSS did take the loan but the terms are so generous it looked a no brainer. I don’t think there is much wrong with the relationship but at times there will be issues that the Board and FSS won’t agree on. I know I am repeating myself but those who have joined this scheme have had 18 months to join FSS. I think the numbers will be so low it won’t make a difference, but the club will get some money out of it. 

Happy to move on

Had 2 months to join FF too but little uptake.

The best chance is at the start. FSS had over 230 members join in the first month and FF has less than 20, of which I would presume several are on the board or friends of the board. 

The point is that continuing to advertise them together now just makes it unnecessarily harder to grow FSS and more confusing for potential new members. The FSS is(once the last few remaining shares are soon bought) solely a funding scheme for the club as will no longer be acquiring shares so the FF serves no purpose and has zero USP. There’s no reason to keep advertising it. 

25 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Deliberately kept away from the current debate, however after digesting the posts about the FSS /FF several good points brought to the table by many. For me and my mates the monthly donation (FSS) is merely a way of supporting the club with additional funding each month for as little as two takeaway coffees.
For those that are choosing not to support the FSS but choose to support the FF, personally I have no issues, as for me it’s more funding dressed differently. In the present circumstances any additional £1 invested in the club to get us out this hell hole is good enough for me, ownership/shareholding arguments can wait until we get out the third tier of Scottish football. 

Any voluntary donations should be seen as a bonus and not a cast iron income stream. Nobody knows what's going to happen over the next year regarding people's personal finances and their disposable income just look at the interest rate rises. Last season's cap-in-hand appeal to the support should be seen as a warning about not having a credible budget projection.

Hope the board goes canny

I think Jamie McDonald is a certainty. Would love Brad Spencer but theres a good chance he’ll have better offers than us. Also think Lang might have better offers than us but time will tell.

If the “ITK guy” previously is correct I also wouldn’t class any of them as underwhelming. 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

I think Jamie McDonald is a certainty. Would love Brad Spencer but theres a good chance he’ll have better offers than us. Also think Lang might have better offers than us but time will tell.

If the “ITK guy” previously is correct I also wouldn’t class any of them as underwhelming. 

Yeah, I'd be happy enough with all 3 

This is  just so boring!!!!

Who cares?

FF, FFS, BfL- as long as cash is going in to the club and the BOD is doing a reasonably decent job(impossible to get all the decisions right) then I’m happy.

This is obviously the ‘silly season’ when management and players are on holiday and there’s nothing much to talk about.

Even the usual saddos are struggling.

Time to get out and enjoy the fresh air

5 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Spencer would be the best of those 3 imo but I think he'll have Championship offers.  Not convinced Lang or MacDonald are particularly good signings.  Lang is a Paul Watson type signing (no better) and MacDonald, while ok, is not the commanding keeper our defence need.  

Spencer is a yes, Lang is not the improvement we need and is on par with our weaknesses already here, MacDonald  NO

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

This is  just so boring!!!!

Who cares?

FF, FFS, BfL- as long as cash is going in to the club and the BOD is doing a reasonably decent job(impossible to get all the decisions right) then I’m happy.

This is obviously the ‘silly season’ when management and players are on holiday and there’s nothing much to talk about.

Even the usual saddos are struggling.

Time to get out and enjoy the fresh air

Appreciate that but your only other contribution to this thread is to say McGlynn is on his 2nd week of holiday so not exactly adding much exhilarating content yourself! 😉 

Edited by Van_damage

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Spencer would be the best of those 3 imo but I think he'll have Championship offers.  Not convinced Lang or MacDonald are particularly good signings.  Lang is a Paul Watson type signing (no better) and MacDonald, while ok, is not the commanding keeper our defence need.  

Pretty much agree, I'd rather we were looking at the likes of Scott Martin, Danny Mullen, Darren Brownlie, Regan Tumilty, might be a stretch but if you don't ask you don't get. No point signing similar standard of player to what we already have that's getting us nowhere. Spencer is a decent enough player but if it's MacDonald and Lang 🤔 maybe Lee Hodson? If Lang is one of them you'd have to think one of the centre backs has to go, although it will probably put paid to any chance Watson had of getting a deal if he gets fit,  and who is probably just as competent a defender as Lang

There’s not one striker in League 1 that will out wit Jammer. Those concerned he’s not the answer is fooling themselves. As for Lang, the same as above. Get a decent young CH beside him and you’ve got the nucleus of a good team. But hey why listen to a Fifer

8 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I can't see Spencer leaving an established Championship side to drop down a league. 

Stranger things have happened I suppose but I think he'll have loftier ambitions than League 1.

Spencer I think will try his hand down south or go back to the USA can’t see him dropping down to league 1 and I can’t see Lang dropping down either. I think he will either stay in the championship or lower half premiership side if the rumours of him getting an offer there are true