The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Van_damage said:

An idea I had for the FSS which I’ve mooted before is a 5% fund that gets voted on quarterly how to spend it. The options can be put forward by members and even divided in to short, medium or long term projects and the money split accordingly to each one that is voted on. For instance long term could be saving for a LED scoreboard, medium for improvements to facilities like decorating the Brockville Bar further and something like a tifo could be a short term project.

It would allow for more engagement with members and an opportunity to see first hand how your money is making improvements to the club. 

St.Mirren do something similar which as far as I’m aware has been quite successful.

5% shouldn’t make a huge difference in finances too but can produce improvements elsewhere that become visible. It may also help increase membership for any fans that would like to have a vote.  

I like this. We, the payers of FSS subs now own a big stake in the club, but it would also be nice to feel like we were ollectively spending money on making the club better for us as fans to enjoy. It would be great to go for a pint in the bar all done up knowing that we all had a direct hand in it. 

4 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Almost every group that's successful have a drum. I'd imagine most of those clubs fans weren't thrilled with it at the start, people need to suck it up. If it goes well I expect to see apologies in here from some

I’ll be honest I work at several grounds with successful fans groups and the drums is just a constant droll to me. The only time I enjoy it is when it’s samba style drumming at some international games for certain nations.

Think an issue in football is that fans equate noise to atmosphere. To me what makes a game much better atmosphere is when you can hear the anticipation of the fans and the reactions to what’s happening on the pitch. When you’re at Celtic or Ibrox that gets lost a bit from some of the constant singing and to me it takes away the organic atmosphere. It’s like being at a 6 nations game. There is very little singing other than the odd rendition of Flower of Scotland however the atmosphere is often electric. 

I’m all for an ultras section though but drums is a big no for me and wish we would ban away fans from entering with them too. 

A bit late on the favourite 11..

Some of the shouts below I have no idea why, just have a special place in my heart as a boy. They may have been pish.

Jerome Lambers

Andy Lawrie -- Barr -- Tiago -- Leahy

Arfield--Latapy--Vaulks

Stokes--Duffy--Moutinho

Special shout out to Cedric Uras, Kevin James and Paddy Cregg

Edited by falkirkbairn23

Agree largely re. the young team. I think it's brilliant the club is engaging. It would be great if there was a singing section each week. Seems to die of death after one song at the moment. 

I would rather no drum to be fair, but if it helps I wouldn't mind. Comes across a bit tinpot IMO.

17 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Remember that just up from Greigs Furniture store. Geez never thought of that for nearly 50 years 20-30 crowded in front of their shop window

The pink ( i think ) evening times that went round the pubs just after the final scores. Days before the internet and instant information

Edited by Bigbrbairn

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Anyone else got thoughts that McGlynn maybe apart from a couple of loans is now finished in the transfer market?

We don't have any trialists and numerous posters on here have mentioned hearing that the budget is gone unless we move someone on.

I think that's pretty safe to assume.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The pink ( i think ) evening times that went round the pubs just after the final scores. Days before the internet and instant information

Yeah, the pink was the Evening News. I’m sure Glasgow’s Evening Times was green.

I'm all for improving the atmosphere get a proper bloody brass band in if you want at least that's music but a drum brought in by some punter whose never played a drum properly in their life is just a constant monotonous racket that does nothing to add to the atmosphere at all. 

Thought you boys were excellent on Tuesday. 
Midfield dominated. The boy Lawal? I think was a step above that. 
We were poor but looked a lot fitter than last season. 
Hope the boy in the ambulance at the end was ok. 
Good support and thanks for the cash.