The Falkirk FC Thread

Donaldson our best player over 90, no one else really stood out until the second half.  Nesbitt really good when he came on, running at tired legs.  Clever passing as well.

We all complain about our passing the ball out from the back, but it’s nothing like as bad as that nonsense from Annan.  Wtf were they playing at keeping that going at 3-0 down?

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Thought Yeats was decent at RB.  Granted he will be challenged more against better teams but he got up the park well on a lot of occasions. A work in progress?

Rennieball or Higgenarse.

What the f*ck was wrong with that post? Complete dickhead!

16 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

On the penalty shouts - the first one was “anticipating contact” and Morrison decided he was going down 20 minutes beforehand.  The second one looked like a penalty though.

I think the biggest refereeing issue with this is that he hasn’t made a decision, if he thinks Morrison has went down easy then he should be booked, if its a foul its a penalty. Instead he makes no decision. Similarly with the amount of time wasting going on, there should have been 3 or 4 minutes added on in the first half, instead less than a minute. Biggest challenge I have is just a complete lack of consistency and applying of the rules. Used to it in this league now though!

Thought Spencer was MotM, gives us real quality in the middle of the park. Liked the look of Miller, very direct, whilst Henderson was clearly lacking match sharpness but gave us that physicality we badly need. McGinn and Oliver being injured might turn out to be a huge blessing tbh. 

Lang and Donaldson both solid. Nesbitt buzzing around as usual and gave us an injection of energy we were needing. 

Some goal from Morrison but both he and Aggeyman were mainly frustrating today, think both would fair better on the opposite wings. 

Ref was a total fucking diddy. At least 1 stonewall penalty, probably two not given along with a number of baffling decisions. Pretty much a carbon copy of what we were served up last season from the officials

Yeates a baller once moved to midfield again. We simply must sign a proper right back 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

25 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

On the penalty shouts - the first one was “anticipating contact” and Morrison decided he was going down 20 minutes beforehand.  The second one looked like a penalty though.

The amount of times the Annan players went down “anticipating contact” and the ref blew his whistle like a puppet merited him blowing for that stonewall penalty.

9 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

I know it’s early days but Ross MacIver has 4 goals in 5 games and I am delighted for the lad, given how many wrote him off before he’d even kicked a ball. Hopefully he keeps up the good form!

Agree, the lad hasn’t put in a bad performance yet and is getting goals over and above that. In general all the new signings are performing well so far. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

The amount of times the Annan players went down “anticipating contact” and the ref blew his whistle like a puppet merited him blowing for that stonewall penalty.

Up to a point, but he seemed to get wise to it after a while

I actually thought that the ref today is one of the best I’ve seen at this level. He let a lot of tackles go that others would have been blowing up for left right and centre. I think we should have had at least one penalty, that being said. 
And he should have clamped down on the time wasting quickly too though. 

Edited by Rugster

20 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

I think the biggest refereeing issue with this is that he hasn’t made a decision, if he thinks Morrison has went down easy then he should be booked, if its a foul its a penalty. Instead he makes no decision. Similarly with the amount of time wasting going on, there should have been 3 or 4 minutes added on in the first half, instead less than a minute. Biggest challenge I have is just a complete lack of consistency and applying of the rules. Used to it in this league now though!

Not to mention the corner that the ref/linesman clearly hadn't a clue about off Alfie's head.

I know his interview style is a bit unusual but I genuinely like it. Addresses and thanks the fans each week, gave Yeats his praises today and clearly states we want 6 points this time next week. Remain confident in him.