The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The FSS own a larger percentage of the club than the patrons do. A number of the patrons are also arranging to donate a large number of their own shares over and above this to the FSS so your analogy makes no sense in this instance. 

I certainly hope that is true and if so i applaud their actions. I still would love my money to go to get a replacement for Miller 😃😃

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The FSS own a larger percentage of the club than the patrons do. A number of the patrons are also arranging to donate a large number of their own shareholdings over and above this to the FSS so your analogy makes no sense in this instance. 

Are they for certain? Is the share donation fully subscribed to and agreed? Rumour is that it’s not.

This btw only became a proposal when the club and Fss got serious heat for not selling the shares. Suspiciously looked like a way to avoid the row. 

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The FSS own a larger percentage of the club than the patrons do. A number of the patrons are also in the middle of arranging to donate a large number of their own shareholdings directly to the FSS over and above that so your analogy makes no sense in this instance. 

That’s what doesn’t make sense either. If the shares are ringfenced for the patrons then it seems daft to allow the patrons to then transfer their own shares. Would cause the exact same imbalance. 

3 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Are they for certain? Is the share donation fully subscribed to and agreed? Rumour is that it’s not.

This btw only became a proposal when the club and Fss got serious heat for not selling the shares. Suspiciously looked like a way to avoid the row. 

Yes, it is for certain I’m told. Some individual members may chose not to but a substantial shareholding will be handed over with or without the shares of members who have yet to commit. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

That’s what doesn’t make sense either. If the shares are ringfenced for the patrons then it seems daft to allow the patrons to then transfer their own shares. Would cause the exact same imbalance. 

If individual members of the patrons group want to donate shares to the FSS then let them, it’s is a decision for the individual shareholder to make. I’m sure the guys on the committee of the FSS and the FSS members will appreciate the gesture. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If individual members of the patrons group want to donate shares to the FSS then let them, it’s is a decision for the individual shareholder to make. I’m sure the guys on the committee of the FSS and the FSS members will appreciate the gesture. 

I certainly would and then the subscriptions can go to helping the club get out of the mess. Yes it is a donation but i thought that would be the case when enough shares were purchased. Happy with that  Small fans having a big say and better players being signed

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It’s a great gesture for the patrons to offer to transfer of shares but the easiest way to let FSS to get to the 25% would be to sell FSS the shares it requires with the money it has in the bank. That’s what I believed to be happening with my subs and should be consulted about what happens with them before deciding to hand them to the club. 

That’s the principle for me. 

Just now, Van_damage said:

It’s a great gesture for the patrons to offer to transfer of shares but the easiest way to let FSS to get to the 25% would be to sell FSS the shares it requires with the money it has in the bank. That’s what I believed to be happening with my subs and should be consulted about what happens with them before deciding to hand them to the club. 

That’s the principle for me. 

I dont care how the 25+1 is achieved as long it is. I applaud the patrons if this philanthropic gesture happens

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I dont care how the 25+1 is achieved as long it is. I applaud the patrons if this philanthropic gesture happens

Fully agree with this. It's actually starting to feel like a bit of a vandetta towards the club / FSS by the same person. If the member is so unhappy then he should withdraw his membership from the FSS and stop causing unnecessary negativity. Sometimes a minority of our fans always have to be toxic, even when a solution is offered they're not happy it's not being done in the way they specifically want it done. Look at the bigger picture here. Let's move forward together and focus on getting behind this team now and out of this f**king league. 

25 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

This is the thing...... the Patrons donate shares to FSS and then are asked to buy their shareholding back from the shares that are up for grabs?  

Doesn't make sense to me. 

11 hours ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Fully agree with this. It's actually starting to feel like a bit of a vandetta towards the club / FSS by the same person. If the member is so unhappy then he should withdraw his membership from the FSS and stop causing unnecessary negativity. Sometimes a minority of our fans always have to be toxic, even when a solution is offered they're not happy it's not being done in the way they specifically want it done. Look at the bigger picture here. Let's move forward together and focus on getting behind this team now and out of this f**king league. 

Can you address me personally please, particularly if you’re accusing me of an agenda. 

It’s not a vandetta and if you believe it is then be grateful for you to let me who you are so I can at least be on a level playing field when making personal accusations.

I did expect someone to try castigate me but had hoped they’d at least not do it behind an anonymous username.

Anyway you can believe what you want but it is a matter of principle that I feel strongly about. If many are of BigBrBairns opinion then I’ll happily abide by that but just think we should be consulted as members. That’s the main point. If the majority are happy to not purchase any more shares then I’ll stand by that. 

Edit to add:

The reason I’m still a member is that I don’t want to just quit before trying to at least address my grievance with this situation. I’d rather not quit though. 

Also the vandetta thing is really insulting. I’ve made my self visible and open for criticism. I have a good relationship with people on the board and FSS committee and sought to resolve this privately first. There’s been no fallouts but I’m not naive to think this won’t make anyone think differently of me. All I stand to gain is criticism from you and no doubt the board and FSS too only in the hope this issue might be addressed in the right manner. 

Edited by Van_damage

4 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Can address me personally please, particularly if you’re accusing me of an agenda. 

It’s not a vandetta and if you believe it is then be grateful for you to let me who you are so I can at least be on a level playing field when making personal accusations.

I did expect someone to try castigate me but had hoped they’d at least do it not behind an anonymous username.

Anyway you can believe what you want but it is a matter of principle that I feel strongly about. If many are of BigBrBairns opinion then I’ll happily abide by that but just think we should be consulted as members. That’s the main point. If the majority are happy to not purchase any more shares then I’ll stand by that. 

As long as the " donation " is only that and does not have strings attached it serves the purpose and gets us to the power situation we wanted.

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

As long as the " donation " is only that and does not have strings attached it serves the purpose and gets us to the power situation we wanted.

I think the key thing is that we engage more with members so we can get an idea of what it is everyone wants and expects. Can then take a decision based on the majority.

11 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

This is not a vandetta against the Club / FSS.

This is the opinion from a poster who has raised serious and valid questions regarding the relationship between FSS and the Club. As a member (and from what I read, an active participant) of the FSS he is entitled to make his feelings known. This is called democracy.

I would argue that the majority of posters on here have an opinion that supports his view for clarity regarding the reasons for joining FSS and what their cash is being used for. I certainly do not see those who support this discussion as being in the minority. 

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I think the key thing is that we engage more with members so we can get an idea of what it is everyone wants and expects. Can then take a decision based on the majority.

I would certainly go with that. If signing rumours of that big idiot DGW prompted an online vote then certainly this is more important

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I would certainly go with that. If signing rumours of that big idiot DGW prompted an online vote then certainly this is more important

The online vote may have deterred any movement for DGW or potentially he was never coming. At least it showed a strength of feeling to weigh up first if it was ever considered. 

That’s why I think it’s important for fans to voice their concerns about certain things. No one knows what the majority think unless you ask them. If we felt more involved then I think it would help grow the membership. 

43 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

The online vote may have deterred any movement for DGW or potentially he was never coming. At least it showed a strength of feeling to weigh up first if it was ever considered. 

That’s why I think it’s important for fans to voice their concerns about certain things. No one knows what the majority think unless you ask them. If we felt more involved then I think it would help grow the membership. 

It would certainly clarify things. But as a group we are only represented by Nigel who himself is a patron. We need to find a way to get another nominee. Perhaps viewing the person as a fans champion rather than expecting the nominee to have management issue experience would help. A lot of the development stuff is the role of Mr Sweeney is it not. The fans rep needs to be SUPERFAN and gather views not a business guru. There must be enough of them around

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

It would certainly clarify things. But as a group we are only represented by Nigel who himself is a patron. We need to find a way to get another nominee. Perhaps viewing the person as a fans champion rather than expecting the nominee to have management issue experience would help. A lot of the development stuff is the role of Mr Sweeney is it not. The fans rep needs to be SUPERFAN and gather views not a business guru. There must be enough of them around

Yeh totally agree with that. 

Something you would consider?