The Falkirk FC Thread

Watching the queen's Park v D*nfermline game, neither of these sides would trouble Falkirk.  Dunfermline gaining out of poor decisions from officials. The cheesy wee fudwopper who regularly posts on twitter about pro Fife agenda might have a point

18 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Watching the queen's Park v D*nfermline game, neither of these sides would trouble Falkirk.  Dunfermline gaining out of poor decisions from officials. The cheesy wee fudwopper who regularly posts on twitter about pro Fife agenda might have a point

Shite game although queens had a perfectly good goal disallowed cos gollum signalled for a foul in the lead up play on then f**k knows what the linesman saw cos it wasn't offside either. 

Edited by ebobsboy

Williamson one is a weird one. Paying money for a guy on a permanent deal that can't get a game for Patrick and is never going to be good enough for rangers  I reckon they could easily have taken him on loan for the second half of the season as rangers would surely want him to be playing and then he's out of contract in the summer so if he'd done well signed him up then for a small comp fee.  If he's crap like he was at thistle then  they're stuck with  him for another year .

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Williamson one is a weird one. Paying money for a guy on a permanent deal that can't get a game for Patrick and is never going to be good enough for rangers  I reckon they could easily have taken him on loan for the second half of the season as rangers would surely want him to be playing and then he's out of contract in the summer so if he'd done well signed him up then for a small comp fee.  If he's crap like he was at thistle then  they're stuck with  him for another year .

Is Gary Holt Accies' new D.O.F?

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

We have a few signed up like that who have been “coasting” in recent games.

Rankin has went the complete opposite from last season when we went into The Play Offs with half a team of loan players and all bar a couple of the rest out of contract to the aforementioned,plus guys who can’t get a game we are stuck with for another year and a half.

3 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

I've watched a fair bit of the Championship this season and reckon our squad would be challenging Partick for 3rd minimum. It's no surprise we've cruised by absolute dross like Ayr and Queens Park in the cup. Even Dunfermline who have barely changed their team at all from last season and have about 45 injuries are comfortably mid table. 

What I am essentially saying is that if you listen carefully, you can hear the rumble of a double promotion navy blue juggernaut express 

5 hours ago, AGPar said:

Hamilton are a good team, but their belief in the strength of their squad relative to ours, and the "we'd be cruising the league if we had a proper manager" line is just out-and-out fantasy. As is the demand for Rankin to be emptied every time they drop points. Wild. Long may their delusion continue. 

Rankin got us relegated last season I think a lot of non Accies fans seem to forget that. Our squad last year wasn't great at all and I think a lot of the blame on last seasons relegation goes on the past board. However a good manager would have still kept it up it was still far better than the squads Cove and Arbroath had. So far this season he's been heavily backed by the new board he has us out of the League Cup at the first stage, The Scottish Cup at the first stage and out the trust cup before Christmas (I could give him the benfit of the doubt on that 1 as Raith are a good team) and in the league we are 8 points behind if you beat Cove on Tuesday that's simply not good enough. He either takes far too long to make the changes or makes the worst change possible. He brought a left back on the winger at Cove when we were chasing a goal Cove scored straight after that sub and we go on and lose that game. Falkirk he brought Mumbongo (one of the worst strikers I've seen at accies and we had a far better striker in Joe McGlynn sitting on the bench) for Hendrie we then go and concede a third due to the gaps that sub left. Then against Kelty a couple of weeks ago he brings Barjonas on for Hendrie when it was clear he should have taken Dylan Tait off a while later Tait gets sent off and that's another 2 points lost due to Rankin. I'm not sure I agree with the fans who say we would walk this league but we would certainly be in a better place with a better manager. 

7 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Rankin got us relegated last season I think a lot of non Accies fans seem to forget that. Our squad last year wasn't great at all and I think a lot of the blame on last seasons relegation goes on the past board. However a good manager would have still kept it up it was still far better than the squads Cove and Arbroath had. So far this season he's been heavily backed by the new board he has us out of the League Cup at the first stage, The Scottish Cup at the first stage and out the trust cup before Christmas (I could give him the benfit of the doubt on that 1 as Raith are a good team) and in the league we are 8 points behind if you beat Cove on Tuesday that's simply not good enough. He either takes far too long to make the changes or makes the worst change possible. He brought a left back on the winger at Cove when we were chasing a goal Cove scored straight after that sub and we go on and lose that game. Falkirk he brought Mumbongo (one of the worst strikers I've seen at accies and we had a far better striker in Joe McGlynn sitting on the bench) for Hendrie we then go and concede a third due to the gaps that sub left. Then against Kelty a couple of weeks ago he brings Barjonas on for Hendrie when it was clear he should have taken Dylan Tait off a while later Tait gets sent off and that's another 2 points lost due to Rankin. I'm not sure I agree with the fans who say we would walk this league but we would certainly be in a better place with a better manager. 

Sorry - Tait getting sent off is 100% down to Tait. 

MATCHDAY! 🏡

It’s number 2 of 3 home matches on the spin and we play QOS at The Bairnabau. Score prediction for today? 

On Thursday we released our latest podcast with Still Game legend & Bairns fan @grantisatwit. Check it out below👇🏼

🆕🎙️EP:65 KEEP ‘EM COMING!

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk5D7C93EF-CEB0-4CE8-AB50-44B8D0395DD8.thumb.jpeg.2b1ea1427350b5a2c59b0886c44e08de.jpeg

8 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I'd never keep the guy that your relegated with. We did the same with Presley and McKinnon and neither worked out well. 

Was just looking at the squad pics on our website.  Once I managed to tear myself away from Clubber, it was interesting to look at the pics.  One player clearly doesn’t want to be there - see if you can spot him!

9 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Was just looking at the squad pics on our website.  Once I managed to tear myself away from Clubber, it was interesting to look at the pics.  One player clearly doesn’t want to be there - see if you can spot him!

McKay

25 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd never keep the guy that your relegated with. We did the same with Presley and McKinnon and neither worked out well. 

Although on the face of it Rankin isn’t doing a terrible job up to this point taking the season in isolation.  In a lot of other seasons Hamiltons current points total would have them top, the fact they are not is more to do with how exceptionally consistent Falkirk have been. I’d say the jury is still out on Rankin as a manager, even if Hamilton don’t go up patience and a second season to refine his squad in the same way Mcglynn was given a second year may be all he needs for everything to click. If Hamilton were to pull the trigger early and make a bad appointment in the way we were guilty of doing things could easily spiral with an extended stay in this division and multiple managers/squads of players expensively coming and going without that necessarily improving anything. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

McKay

Rumour is that he expected to go during close season but was initially told he was very much in the club's plans. And then found others signed (thankfully) for his position - by which time he had turned down a number of enquiries and had nowhere to go. That will disillusion anyone. All that said he's not good enough for us. 

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Sorry - Tait getting sent off is 100% down to Tait. 

He was already on a yellow and everyone could see what was going to happen Tait's a clown himself but Rankin definitely should have taken him off before it happened.

Edited by Ian Mcleod