The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Of course Hamilton will be up. Beat the team below them with the bonus the team above them scrapped a draw against the bottom team in the league totally unexpected.

Win the game in hand, 6 points behind and all to play for.

If that was our first team today scraping a draw with the bottom side then I’d say Hamilton would smell blood but it wasn’t, if they are bouncing then crack on. I’m confident our manager and players will move on from this and do what needs done. We are also still unbeaten and hopefully McGlynn won’t tinker like that again.

For fucks sake. Of all the managers we’ve had over the last five years surely McGlynn has earned enough credit for a f**k up or two. I know he fucked up at Airdrie as well but Jesus look at where we are now. Settle. 

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

see if he'd played the same formation and a couple of changes then I think we'd have probably won that. 

that line up and formation looked was batshit crazy hahahaha 

I think the shouts o multiple players not being fit to play for us aren't great in this context either. Its way too many changes as it is, but couple with a change of system too, what do we expect. Take our team as it should be, but replace Maciver with Shanely, and Nesbitt with Oliver say, because of injuries, and the team still functions. Likewise with any combination of Ross/Alfie for Miller/Morrison etc. 

what we did today was utterly mental and bizarre. 

16 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I want you on your knees choking on my tiny ginger boaby, waster that you are. One bad game and you hang him out to dry?

I'm hoping that hew as being sarcastic.

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

see if he'd played the same formation and a couple of changes then I think we'd have probably won that. 

that line up and formation looked was batshit crazy hahahaha 

I agree, to an extent.  I couldn’t see the goals we conceded - were the defence at fault?

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

(Shouting from far away) My point is, I just don’t think he’s a shoo-in for a crack at The Championship if we were to get promoted. 

(Hellooooo).  He is.  Managers make mistakes, today was one, it happens.  But if we go up, he’s succeeded in what his one and only target is for this year, regardless of how we achieve it - by 20 points or though a last minute goal in the playoffs.  If we don’t go up, he’s failed and should go.  But that’s not where we are just now.

11 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I agree, to an extent.  I couldn’t see the goals we conceded - were the defence at fault?

I don't think so. I didn't have my binoculars tho. Think Sam long could've done better with the first but looking forward to seeing the highlights. 

3 minutes ago, Shabba said:

That's all I wanted. Hes got credit in the bank. Don't do it again please John cause my little heart can't take anymore pain x

I really don't get this obsession with resting players. Its not as if we are in the EPL and playing in Europe every week. We are playing pretty much once a week (bar Cove on Tuesday), these guys are full time footballers for goodness sake, and we can use 5 subs EVERY week, get them on when we have a lead. Take Morrison today as an example, he's arguably our more potent striker and gets left out, IF he plays in the next game he wont have played for 11 days!! They need match sharpness. That's before you take into account formations and continuity.

Its utter madness what he did today.

Still a wee bit too much excuse making/deflection in there for me - it wasn’t just about set pieces, the entire first half was absolutely rotten and that was down to his selection. But, when you listen to it, he does ultimately accept responsibility which is what we all wanted. Fine. Don’t do it again and let’s move on.