The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am a old female fan and I want to feel safe coming along by myself.  Those scenes frightened me.

Case and point made by LSB there. It’s for this very reason that the club will rightly act before these scenes deter the wider community, sponsors and stakeholders from backing the club. Much more serious ramifications and damage to the club than meets the eye, than just hurling stuff over a fence and being a bam. Those responsible should really think hard before they act to the club’s detriment.

30 minutes ago, BPM said:

Oh the irony of a Airdrie fan criticising the behaviour of another clubs fans. 

We are just pissed off , we couldn't get you in the Final, it would have been lower league box office,     That would have been a decent final....

Regarding recent troubles League 1 used to be a sleepy old seaside league,  looks at it now Alloa young guns or whatever they call themselves running riot,  Falkirk and Hamilton fans squaring off,   what next...

I can see now why the "ULTRAS" had to attack the travelling mob with fences.

They look proper fucking mental. Particularly that auld dear in the bunnet.

Edited by Neilly

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

We are just pissed off , we couldn't get you in the Final, it would have been lower league box office,     That would have been a decent final....

Regarding recent troubles League 1 used to be a sleepy old seaside league,  looks at it now Alloa young guns or whatever they call themselves running riot,  Falkirk and Hamilton fans squaring off,   what next...

There was an old guy in the South Stand rustling Wherther Original wrappers last night, outrageous behaviour.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Was in a group of 15 yesterday & most were wearing dark/black clothes. None of us were involved in anything other than drinking, laughing, chatting & watching the game. Dress code doesn’t mean someone is up for violence. 

Ultras have had almost no issues all season, self policed where needed (Accies home game for instance) and I’m sure the club will look at what happened last night to see what happened/triggered it. It’s not great it’s plastered all over social media & the ultras won’t want that attention either. 

Agreed. The Ultra Culture has f**k all to do with the Casual Culture.

2 very different things from very different era’s.

21 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

No-one is saying all of the singing section were involved in the violence last night.  

Maybe not, but I've seen enough across social media to show that people are suggesting that the behaviour last night was because there is now, as you put it, a singing section. That's when you start getting into dangerous territory. The narrative will build and this group will be  vilified as violent, aggressive and something 'other' than the rest of the fanbase when it is simply not true.

Do we definitely know that the people involved in the trouble last night were actually at the game? Games against opposition from outside Scotland always seem to entice people who are just interested in a brawl.

Don't think 7.40pm on a Saturday night was the most suitable time for this kind of game either. I mean it's BBC bloody alba what do they have on earlier in the day that's so important they can't change it.

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agreed. The Ultra Culture has f**k all to do with the Casual Culture.

2 very different things from very different era’s.

I agree, the casual culture were fashion based people who sought like minded individuals out before, during and after games to participate in violence or pavement dancing on the majority of occasions. A lot of these individuals didn’t go to games or support the particular club they attached themselves too.

From what I’ve seen of the Ultras so far they support the club and give the team great backing. I’m not condoning that behaviour last night, far from it. I think fans like LSB and anyone else should be able to go to games home and away without feeling frightened or threatened.

I still think a lot of what went on last night would have a lot to do with adolescent wee Ned’s having loads of time to fill themselves full of drink or drugs and showing a lack of maturity. To condemn the full Ultras section because of it is unfair.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

It doesn't actually matter if they were at the game or not, or if they are part of the ultras group or not.

Once someone starts acting like a thug, a thug is what they are. They should no longer be identified or associated with Falkirk FC, especially by us as fans. 

Same goes for any fan of any club too tbh. I won't accept anyone digging me out because of Falkirk fans, because these aren't fans. They are wanks and criminals.

28 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Maybe not, but I've seen enough across social media to show that people are suggesting that the behaviour last night was because there is now, as you put it, a singing section. That's when you start getting into dangerous territory. The narrative will build and this group will be  vilified as violent, aggressive and something 'other' than the rest of the fanbase when it is simply not true.

There does have to be a fine balance to not undo the great work by the Ultras but there does seem to be a correlation between Ultra groups and trouble. Why Celtic ended up banning the full section as a result. If the individuals can’t be identified and self policing isn’t working then unfortunately if incidents like this continue then this will happen to our, regardless of how many participate in it. 

Edited by Dave Mc

43 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

Plenty of people in casual clothes who behave themself but unfortunately everyone involved in that incident last night are kitted out exactly as you describe. Unfortunately the likelihood is these fans were amongst the ultras so making yourself identifiable is a solution to differentiating yourself from those intent to cause trouble. Also would be nice to see more colour amongst the support.

Certainly wouldn’t condemn anyone for drawing attention to it on social media or anything else. Bad behaviour needs called out to stop. The filming of it should be a non issue. The only people causing harm to the club are those involved in it. 

No issue with it being on social media, it always happens when stuff like this occurs, was more meaning it doesn’t do the group any good & they’ll want to sort it out themselves I'm sure. They won’t want to piss on their own doorstep etc. 

41 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

. To condemn the full Ultras section because of it is unfair.

Don’t think anyone has done this but their name has been brought up because  it seems in all likelihood that the perpetrators were amongst the Ultras group. 

Edited by Dave Mc

11 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It isn't an isolated incident though. Falkirk's ultras have now had numerous incidents where they've been "violent" and "aggressive", as have ultras from other teams in this league (Accies and Alloa) and from teams further up the SPFL, so I think it's fair to say that this new fad is resulting in violent behaviour across Scottish football. 

It's definitely not limited to one club and there will be a lot of other societal issues resulting in it, but organised groups shouldn't be excused for making innocent folk feel unsafe at the football just because they improve the atmosphere. 

A world where singing sections didn't encourage this kind of behaviour would be ideal, but, whether it's ultras or casuals, the rowdiest fans also tend to create the most bother.  

4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Fucking hate the clips of those wee wankers causing bother.

Ban the lot of them.

c***s.

Now you know how the majority of Airdrie fans feel. Fits the narrative to tar all Airdrie fans with the same brush but the bottom line is most of us are horrified by Tommy Robinson attending games, bottles into pubs etc. 

23 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It isn't an isolated incident though. Falkirk's ultras have now had numerous incidents where they've been "violent" and "aggressive", as have ultras from other teams in this league (Accies and Alloa) and from teams further up the SPFL, so I think it's fair to say that this new fad is resulting in violent behaviour across Scottish football. 

It's definitely not limited to one club and there will be a lot of other societal issues resulting in it, but organised groups shouldn't be excused for making innocent folk feel unsafe at the football just because they improve the atmosphere. 

A world where singing sections didn't encourage this kind of behaviour would be ideal, but, whether it's ultras or casuals, the rowdiest fans also tend to create the most bother.  

I agree with this, but what is the answer to stop it. Ultras/Singing sections are the in thing at the moment, like Casuals were in the 80’s and skinhead gangs before them. I don’t know how clubs can totally stop it. We’ve had trouble at games before the Ultra section started. 

I just feel if the club get rid of the fans in that corner of the KM7 and don’t let them have the drums/flags etc then the whole TFS experience will go back to being shit. 

There is good CCTV coverage around the TFS plus social media can hopefully identify the main perpetrators, get them named and banned and it might be a deterrent to others to act like that.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree with this, but what is the answer to stop it. Ultras/Singing sections are the in thing at the moment, like Casuals were in the 80’s and skinhead gangs before them. I don’t know how clubs can totally stop it. We’ve had trouble at games before the Ultra section started. 

I just feel if the club get rid of the fans in that corner of the KM7 and don’t let them have the drums/flags etc then the whole TFS experience will go back to being shit. 

There is good CCTV coverage around the TFS plus social media can identify the main perpetrators, get them named and banned and it might be a deterrent to others to act like that.

As I suggested maybe wearing club colours and not hiding your face would help as those set on acting like idiots will try to cover their identity and if they don’t then easier to identify and ban them. 

4 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

As I suggested maybe wearing club colours and not hiding your face would help as those set on acting like idiots will try to cover their identity and if they don’t then easier to identify and ban them. 

I don’t like the whole balaclava, face covering malarkey but these are kids that have grown up in a CCTV/ Social media era and they are very conscious of the fact big brother is always watching.

I don’t know the answer to stop behaviour like last night and it must be an absolute headache for those whose job it is to try and prevent it. I just wouldn’t like to see the Ultras/Singing Section being disbanded but I fear if these type of incidents continue then pressure will mount on the club to do precisely that.

53 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don’t like the whole balaclava, face covering malarkey but these are kids that have grown up in a CCTV/ Social media era and they are very conscious of the fact big brother is always watching.

I don’t know the answer to stop behaviour like last night and it must be an absolute headache for those whose job it is to try and prevent it. I just wouldn’t like to see the Ultras/Singing Section being disbanded but I fear if these type of incidents continue then pressure will mount on the club to do precisely that.

Afraid the cynic in me thinks differently. Kids and young adults are part of the Instagram culture and love being on TV as much as ever. Hiding your face is because you don’t want to get caught doing something you shouldn’t be. 

Edited by Dave Mc

6 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

Afraid the cynic in me thinks differently. Kids love and young adults are part of the Instagram and love being on TV as much as ever. Hiding your face is because you don’t want to get caught doing something you shouldn’t be. 

I’ve maybe not explained myself right. I totally agree with what you are saying, they are wearing the balaclavas and covering their faces because they don’t want identified because they are so CCTV, social media aware. That’s what makes it more difficult in identifying all of them.

From the footage I’ve seen however there are some that could be picked out and maybe if they were identified and banned it might deter others. It’s definitely a conundrum for the club.

34 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

There does have to be a fine balance to not undo the great work by the Ultras but there does seem to be a correlation between Ultra groups and trouble.

24 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It isn't an isolated incident though. Falkirk's ultras have now had numerous incidents where they've been "violent" and "aggressive"

Definitely not an easy situation, but I maintain that the issue is more how these groups are viewed, and therefore treated, by the authorities and wider society rather than the group itself.

Last night there was the clearly antagonist Police tactics. Hamilton game I think is when the 'robust search' warning went out before the game. It all breeds this fraught environment which can spill over into the type of thing we saw last night. 

Much more complicated than just folk out to cause I bother imo.