The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW👇🏼

🆕🎙️EP:71 BUZZING LIKE AN AULD FRIDGE

🔵  Preview the HUGE match with Hamilton Accies (H)….we failed to persuade an away fan so it’s Only Bairns on this occasion 😉
⚪️ Preview Montrose (H) with Mo’ fan @markrae 🐑
🔵 Falkirk Supporters Society Monthly draw 🎟️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_7683.thumb.jpeg.2212dc49b5bca00d4f896dffcddd2e95.jpeg

Just where do you get these guys from other clubs? Talk about tinpot predictable and boring. Grangemouth patter is about as original as a Beatles cover version. 

28 minutes ago, BPM said:

Just where do you get these guys from other clubs? Talk about tinpot predictable and boring. Grangemouth patter is about as original as a Beatles cover version. 

Just ignore it. The more we react, the more they will say it. 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Just ignore it. The more we react, the more they will say it. 

I’ve no idea why it would be a thing anyway, even if the stadium was in Grangemouth (postcode classes it as being in Falkirk town centre I’m told) why would that be an issue? It’s as much a part of Falkirk as say Camelon , Bainsford, carronshore ect ect 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

45 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’ve no idea why it would be a thing anyway, even if the stadium was in Grangemouth why would that be an issue? It’s as much a part of Falkirk as say Camelon , Bainsford, carronshore ect ect 

I would say Grangemouth has more claim to be a separate town than Bainsford or Camelon which are certainly in Falkirk.

The Grangemouth patter is lazy bollocks anyway the Stadium has a FK2 postcode which is Falkirk not Grangemouth (FK3)

1 hour ago, BPM said:

The most ironic thing about this G'mouth so-called "banter" is when you take even a cursory glance at stadium locations - Celtic Park is in Newbank (so, apparently not in 'Glasgow' per se?);  The Tax-Dodgers play in Govan (again, not 'Glasgow'?);  Tynecastle is in Dalry;  McDairmid is in Inveralmond, not 'Perth';  EEP is somewhere called Garvock, not 'Dunfermline';  Cappielow is in Upper Ingleston, somewhat East of 'Greenock'... etc etc.   

1 hour ago, BPM said:

It is in Grangemouth though. Like everything good about Falkirk. 

28 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I would say Grangemouth has more claim to be a separate town than Bainsford or Camelon which are certainly in Falkirk.

The Grangemouth patter is lazy bollocks anyway the Stadium has a FK2 postcode which is Falkirk not Grangemouth (FK3)

What, you trust the Post Office computer to get it right? We’ll end up in Fife. 

🙂

Edited by StuartA

20 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Sat in the north stand a couple of times but not recently at all.

ICT (2006 I think) & Vaduz (2009). 

Same two for me. That ICT game was pretty drab but I got a great view of Latapy doing one of the best pieces of individual skill I've seen in the flesh.

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If we are going down this route could Camelon or Tamfourhill not claim ownership here? 😳……

I always thought they belonged to Tamfourhill. Really when you think about it apart from the big hoose in Cally Park, Falkirk has feck all. Doesn’t even have a football team, unlike its neighbour Grangemouth 😁

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The best thing in Grangemouth is the A904 Falkirk Road to let you get out of the place. 😁

It's actually the wee fruit and veg shop that seems to have mac red apples before and after everywhere else.

Read an article earlier that says that clubs now need to hold an sfa bronze level accreditation to play in the top 4 leagues. The highland league clubs are kicking off about it as they think it's an attempt to prevent clubs from the 5th tiers getting up. However, I noticed that two of the clubs that don't have this accredition currently are covered and Airdrie who along with Edinburgh city, kelty and Peterhead have been given an exemption till the beginning of next season. Would be hilarious if Airdrie got bumped out due to failing to meet this standard.