The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

How we're currently looking for next season.

Goalkeepers

Defenders
Keelan Adams
Coll Donaldson
Tom Lang

Midfielders
Brad Spencer
Liam Henderson
Aidan Nesbitt
Calvin Miller
Alfie Agyeman

Strikers
Ross MacIver
Jordan Allan

Academy Players
Owen Hayward
Logan Sinclair
Shay Burke
Rhys Walker
Scott Honeyman

I'd keep Hogarth as a back up for next season but I'd imagine he'd rather go elsewhere and play. I'd love Mccann & Yeats to be the next two contract extensions. Morrison will have much better offers than us.

Ross, Tait and Shanley have shown glimpses of promise but have the rest of this season to show they deserve to be here.

Jordan Allan the only real player we have still under contract that will most likely move on.

Long, Bisland, Mackie, MCKAY, McGinn, Oliver and Lawal moving on would be best for all parties.

I get the impression Tait has been brought in with a view to staying next season.

Shanley has done ok in his limited opportunities so far. Maybe a harsh but I think we’ll need a higher standard of striker next season.

Ross is an interesting one. Decent championship player on paper but hasn’t done much in a Falkirk shirt this season.

Ross and Shanley haven’t had too much of a chance yet, but have looked okay when they have. I’d keep Oliver - he’s a wise player and has a goal in him. I think most have done enough to get the benefit of the doubt. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not already spoken to Ian Murray at Raith about one or two players for next season. Scott Martin at Accies I'd certainly be asking about although I think he signed a new deal at the start of the season so that might prove difficult. 

Edited by ebobsboy

Let's face it Ross would be starting for every other side in our league and the majority of the championship too. He's just unlucky that miller and Morrison have been on top form since he came in. Hopefully he will get a bit of game time between now and may to show what he can do properly.

Just now, StuartA said:

Ross and Shanley haven’t had too much of a chance yet, but have looked okay when they have. I’d keep Oliver - he’s a wise player and has a goal in him. I think most have done enough to get the benefit of the doubt. 

IF we get the job done early it is a chance for Ross, Shanley, Tait and Agyeman to show their worth.

5 minutes ago, StuartA said:

For me the likes of Oliver will need to be moved on if we are to challenge at the top end of the championship.

He is a bench player at best at this level, not good enough for the championship.

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

IF we get the job done early it is a chance for Ross, Shanley, Tait and Agyeman to show their worth.

I'd sell Agyeman to the Accies if they put in a bid for him. Seriously.

32 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

You would have criticised the signing of Maciver under previous regimes.

He had a very average record prior to joining us but has done well in the system McGlynn plays.

Will he be the answer as a starting lone striker in the championship? Personally I’m not sure, but well done to the lad for what he’s done this season.

Previous regimes never signed anyone of quality. All they did was hand out stupid contracts to shite like Brad Mackay, Ethan Ross (paid a fee for), Jamie Wilson and Ryan Williamson. I will take no lectures from you as to who I think is a good player and who is not no matter who is in charge. Not only do I think he can play at a higher level, his manager does. I will take his view over you for sure. 

I would like to see yeats and McCann get new deals, I think they are good enough for the championship and would be happy to see them with 2 year deals. 

Oliver would also be good enough as a squad player and I think shanley has something to offer as well, also wouldn't be the highest wages, so I'd give them both a year. 

We will need an experience keeper as that's our weakest position, I think Ross looks good and Tait if he is available probably is good enough, McGlynn will know what he can offer at that level.

If Morrison does leave along with mcginn I think there would be enough money in the budget to resign all the guys we wanted from the squad and strengthen although I'd prefer if Callum stayed as well.

Generally I think the first 11 we have now is strong enough to do fairly well in that league and with just a few additions will be targeting playoffs.

We certainly don't need wholesale changes that would upset the balance of a team that's got great understanding and is flying in a system they know well. 

18 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

We have to remember to leave a bit of money in the budget for Arfield coming in next January too.

I genuinely wouldn't take Arfield next season, we play too fast paced dynamic football for a guy on the wrong side of 35.

It's painfully obvious how far off it mcginn is this season and we won't need a player in the squad next season taking up a big wage who's unable to contribute on the park.

If given the choice I would have Tait or someone like him all day. 

4 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I genuinely wouldn't take Arfield next season, we play too fast paced dynamic football for a guy on the wrong side of 35.

It's painfully obvious how far off it mcginn is this season and we won't need a player in the squad next season taking up a big wage who's unable to contribute on the park.

That's wild man, Arfields still playing regularly in a high quality league (compared to ours) and would walk into any team bar the old firm in Scotland. Heard the same nonsense a few seasons ago regarding sibbald. 

6 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Mental

6 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Aw naw here we go again 🙈. Arfield is a top 6 premier league player. Did we not learn this lesson with Kingsley

Said before it's been a long time since I have liked every single player in a Falkirk squad.

There genuinely isn't 1 player who starts or comes on as a sub and I think "oh no not him!". In fact it's the opposite.

So credit to McGlynn to assemble a squad that we all feel so positively about, it's not an easy thing to do is build a squad with pretty much zero passengers in it.

We will need to add to the squad a bit for next season, if we go up, but as others have said at least its evolution and not revolution for a change. Keep the feel good factor and the high tempo way we play. It's interesting too that most fans are in agreement as to who should stay and who moves on, that in itself tells its own story. McGlynn I am hoping is on the same wavelength, he certainly was in the January window when he moved on everyone that needed moved on and strengthend where we needed it. If I was being ultra picky the only position we haven't really properly nailed is the goalkeeper position, but again I have faith in McGlynn that he will sort that if we go up.

Promoted or not, should we sign Scott Arfield? or would funds be better spent elsewhere.

It would be great if Scott was to end his career where it all started, but we can't afford to be sentimental.

Where would he fit in the team? Potential coaching position?

It's a hard call but what experience and contacts he could bring to the club.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Promoted or not, should we sign Scott Arfield? or would funds be better spent elsewhere.

It would be great if Scott was to end his career where it all started, but we can't afford to be sentimental.

Where would he fit in the team? Potential coaching position?

It's a hard call but what experience and contacts he could bring to the club.

He could play either the 6, 8 or 10. He literally starts before anyone in our starting line up. That's not a dig on the boys playing either. 

Would love Scotty Arfield to come play for a season, retire and become a young manager for us with McGlynn stepping into DOF. Having someone with Arfields playing experience being guided by McGlynns recruitment and management experience seems like it would go extremely well. But that's probably a pipe dream. 

30 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

😯😯Unbelievable