The Falkirk FC Thread

Guess that the top knobs are clearly pissed off the pathetic pitches at Livi and Killie. We’ve had two grass carpets that look so much better, and different. Never had a manager or anyone complain about either surface. As posted criminal that should we get ourselves in a position of getting into the sacred ten, we’ve got to spend fortunes on grass

Away in England on Saturday, what is current process for buying live FTV games? Do I have to buy this membership thing then also pay the 15 quid or whatever on the day of the game for the live stream, and then use vpn on Saturday to actually watch? Or does this subscription get me the live game? Any help appreciated 

A03B218F-A548-4639-8DA8-BB97F5155311.jpeg

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Away in England on Saturday, what is current process for buying live FTV games? Do I have to buy this membership thing then also pay the 15 quid or whatever on the day of the game for the live stream, and then use vpn on Saturday to actually watch? Or does this subscription get me the live game? Any help appreciated 

A03B218F-A548-4639-8DA8-BB97F5155311.jpeg

If you buy that £18 membership, that'll give you access to all streams within a full calander month. You'll most likely need to source a VPN (there are some decent free ones out there) but you'll be good to go after that. I turn on the VPN to log in to FTV and then turn it off once I load up the actual stream. Never had an issue with it.

Edited by Raybowski89

Just now, Raybowski89 said:

If you buy that membership, that'll give you access to all streams within a full calander month. You'll most likely need to source a VPN (there are some decent free ones out there) but you'll be good to go after that. I turn on the VPN to log in and then turn it off once I load up the actual stream. Never had an issue with it.

Thanks. My question was maybe the wrong way round. For a 1 off game is it better to just purchase the pay per view rather than the membership? 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Thanks. My question was maybe the wrong way round. For a 1 off game is it better to just purchase the pay per view rather than the membership? 

Aye 100%. If you're going to be attending the other games (and can't think of anyone who would benefit from access to the streams of those matches) then a one-off PPV purchase makes more sense. It's potentially working out at about £4.50 per match if you make full use of a whole month.

Edited by Raybowski89

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Guess that the top knobs are clearly pissed off the pathetic pitches at Livi and Killie. We’ve had two grass carpets that look so much better, and different. Never had a manager or anyone complain about either surface. As posted criminal that should we get ourselves in a position of getting into the sacred ten, we’ve got to spend fortunes on grass

Sacred twelve now is it not?

A few people have mentioned appearances, and how many various players have.

Here's the totals so far for everyone who has taken the field in the 29 games in the league this season so far; Starts/Sub Apps/Goals.

Long 17/0/0

Yeats 26/1/0

Mackie 4/3/0

Donaldson 29/0/2

Lang 26/0/3

McGinn 3/5/0

Spencer 26/2/4

Lawal 0/10/1

MacIver 26/2/10

Agyeman 12/15/4

Morrison 25/0/16

McCann 25/1/0

McKay 0/2/0

Miller 20/4/8

Honeyman 0/2/0

Walker 0/1/0

Oliver 5/18/5

Allan 1/14/1

Henderson 26/2/5

Nesbitt 18/9/7

Hogarth 12/0/0

Bisland 4/6/0

Ross 8/16/0

Shanley 2/8/1

Tait 4/4/1

So Mackie, McGinn and Tait should all do enough to earn a medal by the end, if 10 appearances is indeed the bar.

In addition players Sinclair, Hayward, Carroll, Gibb, McCrone have all been on the bench at least once.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Is there likely to be a reserve league next season and if so will we participate?

I believe the hope is for the club to have a full academy up and running again for season 25/26. This presumably means that next season we'll still have only U6s and U18s teams with nothing below them. Whether we can afford to recruit enough current U18 player on modern apprenticeships to make up a development or reserve team next season remains to be seen. Only the BOD will know the answer to that, and ATM  they've made no comment on the subject. Which is fair enough as there are other things to be secured first. 

I expect we'll hear more about the youth /reserve setup in the close season. 

4 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Ross is definitely a player I think we should be looking to keep. Clearly a decent player but just can't oust Miller from his position (no shame in that).

Mackie gets a handshake and my best wishes. He's just too prone to moments of madness and these moments will only become more costly with a step up in opposition.

I like Oliver. No denying how good he's been off the bench but my concern is that he tends to be anonymous when he does start a match. I'm on the fence with him and I can see arguments for keeping him or releasing him.

Shanley has been decent but again it's the same thing as Oliver where he's looked decent off the bench but hasn't really taken the opportunity when he's started. With us absolutely needing to improve the striker position, with MacIver playing second fiddle, I don't see where Shanley fits in. Possibly another handshake and best wishes.

McGinn is in the twilight of his career but has been decent of late. His range of passing is undeniable. The issue is how much longer he can realistically keep going. He's been a great servant, but I think it's maybe time to move on.

Would there be a training compensation fee due to Raith Rovers for Ross

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Here's the totals so far for everyone who has taken the field in the 29 games in the league this season so far; Starts/Sub Apps/Goals.

Long 17/0/0

Yeats 26/1/0

Mackie 4/3/0

Donaldson 29/0/2

Lang 26/0/3

McGinn 3/5/0

Spencer 26/2/4

Lawal 0/10/1

MacIver 26/2/10

Agyeman 12/15/4

Morrison 25/0/16

McCann 25/1/0

McKay 0/2/0

Miller 20/4/8

Honeyman 0/2/0

Walker 0/1/0

Oliver 5/18/5

Allan 1/14/1

Henderson 26/2/5

Nesbitt 18/9/7

Hogarth 12/0/0

Bisland 4/6/0

Ross 8/16/0

Shanley 2/8/1

Tait 4/4/1

So Mackie, McGinn and Tait should all do enough to earn a medal by the end, if 10 appearances is indeed the bar.

In addition players Sinclair, Hayward, Carroll, Gibb, McCrone have all been on the bench at least once.

Captain Coll emerges as the only ever-present...  What an example he has set this season. Hope he can do every game. Won't be far off Players Player of the year I wouldn't imagine. 

Collosus Donaldson IMO. 

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Long 17/0/0

Yeats 26/1/0

Mackie 4/3/0

Donaldson 29/0/2

Lang 26/0/3

McGinn 3/5/0

Spencer 26/2/4

Lawal 0/10/1

MacIver 26/2/10

Agyeman 12/15/4

Morrison 25/0/16

McCann 25/1/0

McKay 0/2/0

Miller 20/4/8

Honeyman 0/2/0

Walker 0/1/0

Oliver 5/18/5

Allan 1/14/1

Henderson 26/2/5

Nesbitt 18/9/7

Hogarth 12/0/0

Bisland 4/6/0

Ross 8/16/0

Shanley 2/8/1

Tait 4/4/1

I'm sure Yeats has scored a goal?

22 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Ross is only 22

In that case if Raith offered him a deal in theory we’d be due them some form of compensation which probably rules him out as a signing, I don’t think he has anything on the table from them however. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

In that case if Raith offered him a deal in theory we’d be due them some form of compensation which probably rules him out as a signing, I don’t think he has anything on the table from them however. 

I think any new contract from Raith would have to equal his current to trigger compensation too. Given Raith fans seem to think he was a higher earner I don't see that happening.

18 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

18 posts quoted, 15 of those from the same person who @Rugstersays hasn't posted in 17 years bar once in 2023 and @Shodwall catsays obviously has a link to the Foundation. I'm sure he has no agenda whatsoever by randomly reraising stuff from weeks ago 

I stopped posting on P&B years ago because it's mostly full of nonsense. A few mates in the pub on Friday mentioned the garbage that had been posted about the Foundation. I read it and posted a comment about it. The responses were of a typical P&B standard. Shodwell has absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Happy to correct both of you 👍🏻 Have a great day. 

1 hour ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

I stopped posting on P&B years ago because it's mostly full of nonsense. A few mates in the pub on Friday mentioned the garbage that had been posted about the Foundation. I read it and posted a comment about it. The responses were of a typical P&B standard. Shodwell has absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Happy to correct both of you 👍🏻 Have a great day. 

I’m assuming you decided to post again because there is very little nonsense now and you wanted to correct that.