The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Yes, Latapy didn’t have a club after being released by Dundee United who were only one division above us at the time, Arfield is wanted and playing every week for a club in the MLS, the nature of Russels departure from both Rangers then Dundee United for consecutive disciplinary issues probably put a lot of other clubs at a higher level of him to an extent as well. We as a club were also spending quite significantly in comparison to the clubs around us at that point which won’t be the case next season and the wee man was best pals with yogi, I was delighted but not overly shocked when we signed Latapy. Russel got a new lease of life with us under yogi and we probably got him playing better football than he had done for a good couple of seasons, the guy was obviously fantastic for us but the club at that time was good for Russel as well. The two situations are not comparable, they are different players at different points in theyre careers and it’s a completely different era in our clubs history. 

Ach, I can't argue with any of that. Russell was considered "damaged goods" and "over the hill" at that point. Easy to forget that, looking back. 

Also a good point RE Arfield. I've seen various clips of him at Charlotte and he seems to be an immensely popular member of the squad. For all his talk about wanting to finish up at Falkirk, he'll most likely sign a new deal and retire in the US. 

I just want him back here. Is that so wrong? 😭

24 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Ach, I can't argue with any of that. Russell was considered "damaged goods" and "over the hill" at that point. Easy to forget that, looking back. 

Also a good point RE Arfield. I've seen various clips of him at Charlotte and he seems to be an immensely popular member of the squad. For all his talk about wanting to finish up at Falkirk, he'll most likely sign a new deal and retire in the US. 

I just want him back here. Is that so wrong? 😭

I’m not overly-fussed about an emotional, nostalgic swansong here. Sometimes best left to the imagination. 

If he’s got coaching ambitions and credentials as well, that would excite me for him coming back.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’m not overly-fussed about an emotional, nostalgic swansong here. Sometimes best left to the imagination. 

If he’s got coaching ambitions and credentials as well, that would excite me for him coming back.

With the wealth of experience he has, he would be an asset to the backroom staff, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

Sounds like tomorrow might end up being our highest attendance of the season? #crowdwankery

Screenshot_20240322_155946_Facebook.jpg

Biggest away support at TFS this season belonging to Falkirk should come as no surprise tbqhwy

I'm not going to be able to make Montrose incidentally, and therefore have 1 adult and 1 U12 ticket going. If anyone fits that mould, give me face value for the adult il il throw in the U12 for free, as Montrose should have done....

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

See that Silky (Peter Hetherston) has been up at court charged with many things including attempted murder.

Obviously runs in the family. His brother got the jail for murder a few years ago. 

5 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Mackie Donaldson as centre defence tomorrow?

Against the team who scored 2 goals against us from set pieces last time out it's a blow, hopefully he makes the game as otherwise we'll have Donaldson as our only real height.

21 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Mackie Donaldson as centre defence tomorrow?

Not keen on that idea. Mackie is a loose cannon. To be fair though, I wouldn't expect him to be under much pressure tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Against the team who scored 2 goals against us from set pieces last time out it's a blow, hopefully he makes the game as otherwise we'll have Donaldson as our only real height.

Wait. I haven't watched McGlynn's pre-match yet. Please don't tell me Hendo's out?!