The Falkirk FC Thread

I am in the elderly brigade and from my angle right behind the goals it looked like a kung fu kick that Bruce Lee would have been proud of! Not intentional but a definite red. The ref saw it from behind Coll and called it right. Agree with many that it was about the only thing he got right.

18 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I am in the elderly brigade and from my angle right behind the goals it looked like a kung fu kick that Bruce Lee would have been proud of! Not intentional but a definite red. The ref saw it from behind Coll and called it right. Agree with many that it was about the only thing he got right.

It's certainly nothing like a Kung Fu kick .If you pause run it through on the highlights (Yes I'm bored this morning)Coll gets there first and  the ball is there to be won which he does cleanly they then basically collide as bavidge changes direction very slightly at the last minute . It's one of those things. Coll does everything to play the ball but he'd probably have actually been better making no attempt to play the ball as he'd more than likely have come off better in a straightforward collision with bavidge . Fact he might even have got the foul funnily enough.

Edited by Shodwall cat

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's certainly nothing like a Kung Fu kick .If you pause run it through on the highlights (Yes I'm bored this morning)Coll gets there first and  the ball is there to be won which he does cleanly they then basically collide as bavidge changes direction very slightly at the last minute . It's one of those things. Coll does everything to play the ball but he'd probably have actually been better making no attempt to play the ball as he'd more than likely have come off better in a straightforward collision with bavidge . Fact he might even have got the foul funnily enough.

Purely unintentional with Bavige coming in to meet it. Made it a head on collision but Colls foot is high with studs first

8 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Purely unintentional with Bavige coming in to meet it. Made it a head on collision but Colls foot is high with studs first

He's clearly not expecting bavidge to get there as bavidge  straightens  up slightly towards Coll at the last minute where at first he's heading just past Coll. 

I felt the pitch was a tad sticky yesterday Arrived right at the start  so wasn't sure whether it had been watered much before the game but it didn't seem to be as slick as normal.

Anyone any idea on Lang’s situation. Someone at the game yesterday said they’d heard his knee was done and his playing career is likely over. I assumed it’s been miscommunication and that he’s just out for the rest of the season but wondered if anyone else has heard anything 

As clear as of a red you’ll ever see, winning the ball is irrelevant when you endanger an opponent like that.

First red card in the league plus Leon finally scored so a few boxes ticked off for the season. 

17 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Anyone any idea on Lang’s situation. Someone at the game yesterday said they’d heard his knee was done and his playing career is likely over. I assumed it’s been miscommunication and that he’s just out for the rest of the season but wondered if anyone else has heard anything 

Just his miniscus is it not  which shouldn't be anything to mean the end of a career even after previous issues.

12 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

As clear as of a red you’ll ever see, winning the ball is irrelevant when you endanger an opponent like that.

First red card in the league plus Leon finally scored so a few boxes ticked off for the season. 

Yeah unfortunately that's the problem with the modern day game. Rugbys gone the same way. Red cards should be for deliberate serious foul play and not accidental collisions. These things happen and players get injured in a fast  physical contact sport unfortunately. Was better when we understood that instead of trying to wrap players up in cotton wool. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

“The best place to defend is in the opposition penalty box.”
Jock Stein

We'll be fine. 😁

Jock Stein gave a more detailed interview on that subject when asked if Celtic being so attacking left them defensibly weak, he answered 'Celtic have a very defensive set up. Have possession in the oppositions last 3rd of the pitch'

Kind of self-evident, think it was Kenneth Wolsternholme who did commentator impersonations at the BBC who had nowhere to go after that reply.

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Just his miniscus is it not  which shouldn't be anything to mean the end of a career even after previous issues.

Thats what I thought. I can only assume there has been crossed wires somewhere

28 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah unfortunately that's the problem with the modern day game. Rugbys gone the same way. Red cards should be for deliberate serious foul play and not accidental collisions. These things happen and players get injured in a fast  physical contact sport unfortunately. Was better when we understood that instead of trying to wrap players up in cotton wool. 

Wouldn't say it's a problem with the modern game, more like the way you played football went out with the ark.

There is no way for Coll to win that ball without endangering or injuring his opponent so it's a challenge he shouldn't make.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He nips the ball away cleanly then catches bavidge unfortunately.  Coll actually gets there first . It's not a brutal challenge for me although it results in a sore one for bavidge.  Been different if bavidge had been chesting the ball and he'd taken ball and chest at the same time. When I played that was a free kick both players got up and got on with it as there was zero malice or intent but now a days unfortunately that doesn't matter. It tends to be an age thing I think you find. The more elderly on here see it completely different from the younger fans .

At the risk of being 'that guy', the 'getting the ball first' isn't in the Laws at all.

It was clearly accidental, but it's as clear a red card as you're ever going to see. Whether or not it was a red card 50 years ago is pretty irrelevant.

Fucking hope Tom Lang is OK for next season. Its testament to this team that you have to remind yourself how important he was in this thing. Feels like ages since he was taking bodies in the NB

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fucking hope Tom Lang is OK for next season. Its testament to this team that you have to remind yourself how important he was in this thing. Feels like ages since he was taking bodies in the NB

This. Although Hendo & Mackie done well yesterday, can’t wait till Lang is back. His presence with Bruce Lee gives us a much needed “don’t fck with us”