The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Still a long way to go in the window to be fair, IMO a back four of:

Montano - New CB - Finlayson - Brandon, is great for this level. 

Some of these guys are gonna get Tam Lang'd though. Same goes for everyone else too of course 

5 hours ago, North West said:

Tbh it's good to see Falkirk come back up a level even if it is just for a season. The Pars will need a bitch, you guys obvious fit the bill perfectly. 

Pipe down Zero Pence In The Pound 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Lachlan Cameron - Smith 

I think you're getting confused.

Lachlan Cameron was the previous owner*. I think the new guy is called Smith, and Lachlan has nothing to do with it any more.

*Source, Lachlan Cameron, when we were necking a few whiskies in Portnahaven one night.

42 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I think you're getting confused.

Lachlan Cameron was the previous owner*. I think the new guy is called Smith, and Lachlan has nothing to do with it any more.

*Source, Lachlan Cameron, when we were necking a few whiskies in Portnahaven one night.

Aye David Smith is the owner now. He bought the club a few years ago from Cameron and has piled a load of cash into the infrastructure side of things with the Somerset Hub and new stand. 

Our playing budget is “competitive” this year from what’s being said and the target is playoffs.

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We will be in and around the promotion playoffs as it stands.

A couple of quality additions we should be title challengers.

Remember fans of a certain team saying the exact same thing last season. They ended up finishing 3 points above the relegation places.

11 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Raith it is, very interesting league next year with no real clear favourites. Easton leaving will be a massive leveller for Raith and Livi's new signings haven't filled me with fear.

3/4 quality signings and we should be in and around the promotion playoffs.

Seriously over estimating Dylan Easton here. Good player on his day but very inconsistent. Wouldn't have started a game in playoffs if it wasn't for Turner being ineligible for the final. Stanton and Vaughan are definitely our most important players. More worried about losing out on Shaun Byrne than Easton tbh. 

6 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Seriously over estimating Dylan Easton here. Good player on his day but very inconsistent. Wouldn't have started a game in playoffs if it wasn't for Turner being ineligible for the final. Stanton and Vaughan are definitely our most important players. More worried about losing out on Shaun Byrne than Easton tbh. 

Easton's the bit of magic, doesn't matter how inconsistent he's been he should have started on Thursday. You didn't play an ounce of football until he came on the park and even yesterday the little good you had was coming from him. 

Hence why county fouled him at every opportunity.

6 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Remember fans of a certain team saying the exact same thing last season. They ended up finishing 3 points above the relegation places.

The team that was crippled by injuries half the season?

And by having James McPake in charge?

10 hours ago, Springfield said:

I’ve absolutely not got a scubie on what the going rate is, merely answering the question you raised. 

So if you have no clue what the going rate is how do you know Ayr are throwing money at it? Dowds and Oakley tell me nothing other than they will be going route one.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye David Smith is the owner now. He bought the club a few years ago from Cameron and has piled a load of cash into the infrastructure side of things with the Somerset Hub and new stand. 

Our playing budget is “competitive” this year from what’s being said and the target is playoffs.

Exactly. No way you are throwing fortunes at your team if you are signing Oakley and Dowds. Nearly every team, outside Morton and Queens Park, I would guess will have similar ish budgets. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RR #1 said:

We are considerably stronger than those tramps were when they came up.

Also as has been pointed out they had an awful season with injuries.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

1 hour ago, BPM said:

So if you have no clue what the going rate is how do you know Ayr are throwing money at it? Dowds and Oakley tell me nothing other than they will be going route one.

Their chairman does sound like he’s very ambitious in interviews but he’s also a very astute business man which would suggest their model is sustainable.

I think the fact Scott Brown is their manager tells you they are playing route one no matter who they sign.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

You didn't play an ounce of football until he came on the park and even yesterday the little good you had was coming from him.

I must've be the only one who didn't rate him over the two games. Thought he was pedantic yesterday and slowed Raith down too much.

In hindsight, it was an odd approach by RR over the two legs and played into RC hands. Going long for the majority via Brown and then giving it to Easton to try and probe without anyone getting ahead of the ball 🤷‍♂️.

I felt, in L1, our midfield was much more dynamic and I hope we can continue that in the Championship. Basically, I wouldn't have him over Nesbitt.

Posted (edited)

I have been impressed by Brown and Vaughan when I’ve seen Raith on TV this season but I wasn’t with either during the two legs of the play offs. I think there is a much bigger gulf between the top flight and championship than between the latter and League One.

I suppose when you look at the prize money on offer and the unfair distribution of cash below the top flight then it’s only to be expected. 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

30 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think the fact Scott Brown is their manager tells you they are playing route one no matter who they sign.

No idea how you’ve came to that conclusion.

The football we played for large parts under Brown last season was almost the opposite of route one and it was sometimes to our detriment as a lot of the players he inherited couldn’t cope with it. 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Let’s be honest. The top flight is a complete shit show.

Ross County can finish 11th each year and know they are relatively safe due to the set up of the play-offs.

Teams giving 3 sides of their stadium to the opposition therefore effectively giving up home advantage.

Only 2 different winners in 40 years.

VAR brought in to specifically benefit those 2 teams even more.

Nearly 40% of penalties received given to those 2 teams.

Same team won it 12 from last 13 seasons.

Other nations trying to clamp down on racism, homophobia etc at games whereas our authorities are encouraging religious bigotry and sectarianism at games by failure to clamp down on the 2 biggest fan bases.

Parents of other clubs openly admitting they won’t take their kids to games vs either of those two.

Parents of those 2 actively encouraging their kids to be biggest by doing nothing about their fellow fans.

You can stick that shitey league up your arse as far as I’m concerned.

The only team doing that is a Championship club now.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Let’s be honest. The top flight is a complete shit show.

Ross County can finish 11th each year and know they are relatively safe due to the set up of the play-offs.

Teams giving 3 sides of their stadium to the opposition therefore effectively giving up home advantage.

Only 2 different winners in 40 years.

VAR brought in to specifically benefit those 2 teams even more.

Nearly 40% of penalties received given to those 2 teams.

Same team won it 12 from last 13 seasons.

Other nations trying to clamp down on racism, homophobia etc at games whereas our authorities are encouraging religious bigotry and sectarianism at games by failure to clamp down on the 2 biggest fan bases.

Parents of other clubs openly admitting they won’t take their kids to games vs either of those two.

Parents of those 2 actively encouraging their kids to be biggest by doing nothing about their fellow fans.

You can stick that shitey league up your arse as far as I’m concerned.

Couldn’t agree more GB, great post 👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The only team doing that is a Championship club now.

That is only a recent thing though which I applaud, you used to give up both ends of your ground to them.

The teams outwith the arse cheeks in the top flight should, in my opinion fight the case of the lower league clubs more instead of continually kissing the cheeks. It is virtually a closed shop as the money doesn’t trickle down. 

Posted (edited)

Rare SPFL win: 

Should still be no B teams obviously, but I wonder if getting 2/3’s of the prize money we got for winning League One might see some teams take it more seriously. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76