The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

How did Ross get on with you guys last season? Decent player with us, but ultimately an area of the pitch we are extremely well covered in.

Similar issue for us tbh. He didn't manage to displace Morrison, Nesbitt or Miller in his time with us - though they all had an unbelievable season. Was mainly used as an impact sub

Overall though I really like him. Pacey and direct, he just glides past players like they arent there. Excellent at taking the ball on the half turn and immediately getting defenses running back towards their own goal. Delighted we've managed to get him 

21 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

How did Ross get on with you guys last season? Decent player with us, but ultimately an area of the pitch we are extremely well covered in.

I enjoyed watching him. Looked like he had something special in his locker. Took a while to get fully match-fit and Calvin Miller had such a good season he was difficult to dislodge. But a full pre-season should see him competitive and as he’s only 22, there should be plenty more to come 

Great to get Ethan tied down 👏🏻

On another note, we’ve only been back a couple of days but it’s good to see we are still living rent free in certain clubs heads. Will be funny to see us eventually promoted to the Premiership whilst certain clubs still won’t have made it in many, many years. 

33 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Didn’t realise Ross was only 22. Can only get better. Just wish it was a longer deal. 

He was rumoured to be on a decent wage at Raith. If Tait signs and I think he'll want longer than a year that's a healthy bit of wages. McGlynn will be trying to get the best value he can for the budget afforded to him. If Ross only signing for a year means another body in then all well and good imo. 

Would love to meet Ewan Cameron out in Falkirk to tell him how much of a fucking melter he is. Didn't let Jamie swinney talk once without interrupting and stating 'fitbaw fans don't like it' every time. Utter goon. 

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Would love to meet Ewan Cameron out in Falkirk to tell him how much of a fucking melter he is. Didn't let Jamie swinney talk once without interrupting and stating 'fitbaw fans don't like it' every time. Utter goon. 

It's the most ludicrous argument as well because it's literally been a topic of debate for weeks with fans disagreeing so clearly there is not consensus that all fans want one thing

8 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

It's the most ludicrous argument as well because it's literally been a topic of debate for weeks with fans disagreeing so clearly there is not consensus that all fans want one thing

I have no issue with people disagreeing with plastic pitches, everyone's entitled to an opinion. I do take issues with a self proclaimed 'journalist' bringing on a guest, talking over them at any point they begin talking, and being an absolute slavering mess. 

Posted (edited)

It’s the fact Jamie had well researched and educated points to make, he was actually looking for a constructive discussion yet ended up with a rude, incoherent slavering Neanderthal who was ignorant of the facts shouting over the top of him. Hats of to Jamie for coming across so professionally despite this, I’d have lost the plot! Cameron proved himself an absolute moron here, Jamie Swinney proved himself to be quite the opposite thank god.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

More than played a part last season albeit not an automatic starter.

Very skillful lad, great coming on and stretching full backs after they have been at it with either Morrison or Miller.

Very pleased with the signing 

1 hour ago, Rabbie Bairns said:

I'd be surprised if Ross doesn't manage to take a starting spot this season. 

He’s definitely got the talent to do a job for you at this level.  Seemed to struggle to get back to his best after some injury problems and never really got the chance to get fully match fit again and was ultimately loaned out to yourselves by Murray.  Good player on his day and hopefully he doesn’t come back to haunt us when we meet in the coming season. 

10 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I have no issue with people disagreeing with plastic pitches, everyone's entitled to an opinion. I do take issues with a self proclaimed 'journalist' bringing on a guest, talking over them at any point they begin talking, and being an absolute slavering mess. 

There are no circumstances in which Ewan Cameron can be considered to be a Journalist.

He makes Chic Young seem like Hugh McIlvaney.

27 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It’s the fact Jamie had well researched and educated points to make, he was actually looking for a constructive discussion yet ended up with a rude, incoherent slavering Neanderthal who was ignorant of the facts shouting over the top of him. Hats of to Jamie for coming across so professionally despite this, I’d have lost the plot! Cameron proved himself an absolute moron here, Jamie Swinney proved himself to be quite the opposite thank god.

Gaun yersel Jean!!

Jean.jpg

Jean2.jpg

7 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Pepe Reina wants one more contract after leaving Villarreal aged 42... perfect guy for a young goalie to learn from & would realistically fit in our wage structure 

Just a shite Dani Mallo

I've never seen a player looking as happy to be signing a contract as Ethan Ross is. Wearing his invincibles t-shirt as well, love it.

10 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Which is highly ironic considering he’s been banging on about his mental health. Mental health is no joke but to be that condescending to anyone to the point of almost bullying in tone is extremely poor imo. 

Cameron is the epitome of someone you should ignore in the hope he no longer gets any outlets to put out his nonsense. He’s like a Temu Chris Sutton who likes to say things to get a reaction not because he actually believes it.

Ross signing is a great bit of work by the manager and club. He's a young lad full of promise and talent, hopefully he can get more game time and show what he can do.