The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Springfield said:

Bit like ordering a roll on sausage and you open up and find it’s three link’s instead of a square Lorne……………………….

Look up the Roger Waters album "The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking". The woman on the cover is his mum. 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

Pick this statement up on SM from the Green Brigade. It is three pages long of their usual drivel but this page stood out with their derisory comments about the Falkirk support. 

IMG_0005.jpeg

Apparently they got upset about songs being sung about paedophilia by the Ultras, but they seem to be ok with hiding it and supporting terrorist organisations. for that we are apparently scum.

11 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm quite fascinated by this (not just footballers by actors and musicians as well.)

If you have 1 bigish hit.. make say 3 or 4 hundred k.. maybe more. But you get taxed on that and you're only 21. 

What happens when it's 5 years til your next job? Tyger Drew Honey from Outnumbered talks about that ahead of the reunion. Worked on building sites in between small roles. 

Easy to think you'll always have money coming in but what about when it dries up? Not saying many turn to crime but it must be very different than us wage slaves who have had a steadily increasing income over 20-30 years and build up marketable skills.

I remember following Boliabi's social media not long after he moved to Swansea. Instantly had the big merc and seemed to be out all hours posing. The same couldn't be said about Kingsley  Fulton and Blair who all made the same move and it shows that they all went onto better things.

No sympathy once you head down the drug route. Wasted his career and any future prospects.

11 minutes ago, BPM said:

Pick this statement up on SM from the Green Brigade. It is three pages long of their usual drivel but this page stood out with their derisory comments about the Falkirk support. 

IMG_0005.jpeg

Bunch of ambulance chasers who get mocked even within their own support.

A group so vocal about every world issue they can lay claim to yet a few dozen young lads from the bog/braes/carronshore/etc force them into a snotters filled statement. 

Lovely stuff.

25 minutes ago, BPM said:

IMG_0005.jpeg

They openly support the Irish and Palestinian terrorist groups so let’s treat their opinions with the contempt it deserves.

A horrible fan base just like their blue neighbours across the city.

27 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Apparently they got upset about songs being sung about paedophilia by the Ultras, but they seem to be ok with hiding it and supporting terrorist organisations. for that we are apparently scum.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They openly support the Irish and Palestinian terrorist groups so let’s treat their opinions with the contempt it deserves.

Personally I would leave the labelling of terrorist groups. We are then, no better than the ugly sisters themselves. I’m not criticising the ultras, however, I don’t think singing about such a horrible matter was the right thing  for them to do. 

Edited by Big chungus

10 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Personally I would leave the labelling of terrorist groups. We are then, no better than the ugly sisters themselves. I’m not criticising the ultras, however, I don’t think singing about such a horrible matter was the right thing  for them to do. 

I was there and standing very close to our Ultras and they 100% did not sing about any terrorist groups.

We are better than the ugly sisters. Much better.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

24 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Neither those fighting for Ireland's freedom (or Scotland's) from colonial Britain or guys reacting to genocide by Israel are terrorists in my view. Inappropriate to see them as such. Having said that, extremely disappointed by a statement that had no need to refer to the oppopsition support in the way they did - especially since it was the incredible backing of the opposition that engendered the statement in the first place. Seems I'm going to have to declare myself a neutral now, in their matches against the Unionists.....

4 minutes ago, dumfriesbairn said:

Neither those fighting for Ireland's freedom (or Scotland's) from colonial Britain or guys reacting to genocide by Israel are terrorists in my view. Inappropriate to see them as such. Having said that, extremely disappointed by a statement that had no need to refer to the oppopsition support in the way they did - especially since it was the incredible backing of the opposition that engendered the statement in the first place. Seems I'm going to have to declare myself a neutral now, in their matches against the Unionists.....

Am I classed as neutral in their matches against the Unionist’s as I want both to lose ?