The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Can you please stop trying to sell McGlynn on our behalf? Ta…

Agree, just watched PLZ Soccer and they keep bigging up McGlynn, am auld enough to remember the Jeffries scenario that mirrors this " aye am staying at Falkirk,,,,,,,,right Billy get the car started we're off tae Tynecastle" and the death spiral which followed the appointment of Lambie.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Over 850 away end tickets sold so far according to the clubs X account. I think it’ll be about 1200-1250 come KO although could be higher. It’s game 5 of 5 away games on the spin and that takes its toll.

Some impressive numbers the last 4 weeks though plus the trip to EEP mid August. 

2,700 at Dunfermline 
1,100 at Morton 
1,800 at Stenhousemuir (Sold Out)
1,700 at Airdrie 
2,500 at Celtic (Sold Out)

And 850 and counting now at Raith…

Impressive numbers for five away. 
Think around 1100 would be pretty impressive numbers for tomorrow.

Also Hamilton getting rightly pilloried on social media for adult tickets which are 25 quid when Raith’s are only 1 quid cheaper. Said on the other thread but 24 quid is a joke for Championship football, especially if it’s true (seen it, but don’t know if it is?) that they’re charging us more than other teams. And before anyone chimes in with the usual “YoU DoN’t hAvE tO gO”, I say “bolt”, cause it’s in all of our interests that clubs at this level don’t take the piss. We all want to follow our teams without being fleeced. 

41 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

Agree, just watched PLZ Soccer and they keep bigging up McGlynn, am auld enough to remember the Jeffries scenario that mirrors this " aye am staying at Falkirk,,,,,,,,right Billy get the car started we're off tae Tynecastle" and the death spiral which followed the appointment of Lambie.

Jeffries to Hearts was a certainty, McGlynn to St Johnstone is a certainty not to happen.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Also Hamilton getting rightly pilloried on social media for adult tickets which are 25 quid when Raith’s are only 1 quid cheaper. Said on the other thread but 24 quid is a joke for Championship football, especially if it’s true (seen it, but don’t know if it is?) that they’re charging us more than other teams. And before anyone chimes in with the usual “YoU DoN’t hAvE tO gO”, I say “bolt”, cause it’s in all of our interests that clubs at this level don’t take the piss. We all want to follow our teams without being fleeced. 

But if you take an under 12 at Rovers they get in free.

I'm not seeing the Scott Brown hype. 

An absolute disaster at Fleetwood. Did OK last season but nothing startling. This season we cruised past his Ayr side from the League Cup group and he's already failed to win 3 games out of 7 in a league Ayr have tried to buy. 

29 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

I suspect our budget is less than Raith, Partick or Livingston have this season.

I'd be surprised at that. You've been signing new players by the week this window. The manager won't be on peanuts and I doubt mcgeady is doing his job for nothing.  I'd expect yourselves to be right up there wages wise.

25 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm not seeing the Scott Brown hype. 

The "hype" is that he spent years as the captain of Celtic, acting the Big Man against the likes of Ross County and St Johnstone, rather than taking the plunge and testing himself at a higher level, whether that be in England or abroad.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with managerial ability or potential as, to date, there is no evidence whatsoever that he actually possess any. He played for Celtic and, like countless others, will continue to trade on his ludicrously overblown reputation as a player until he either proves himself as a manager or is shown up as a complete and utter impostor. I know what I think is the more likely outcome of these two scenarios.

25 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

The "hype" is that he spent years as the captain of Celtic, acting the Big Man against the likes of Ross County and St Johnstone, rather than taking the plunge and testing himself at a higher level, whether that be in England or abroad.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with managerial ability or potential as, to date, there is no evidence whatsoever that he actually possess any. He played for Celtic and, like countless others, will continue to trade on his ludicrously overblown reputation as a player until he either proves himself as a manager or is shown up as a complete and utter impostor. I know what I think is the more likely outcome of these two scenarios.

I’m going to bookmark this to copy and paste and use for Callum McGregor in 4 or 5 years time !!

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah we got all this from ICT and Raith fans in the past few seasons m8, where you are in September means literally nothing.

In our defence, we wouldn’t be being Falkirk fans if we didn’t take the punt of lording it up in September as we either go on to stream-roller our way to back-to-back promotions or chuck it, finish 7th and fall back on talking about how big a club we are and how many fans we have. It’s all part of the fun!

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd be surprised at that. You've been signing new players by the week this window. The manager won't be on peanuts and I doubt mcgeady is doing his job for nothing.  I'd expect yourselves to be right up there wages wise.

Signing players isn’t an immediate indicator of having more money than anyone else. We needed an overhaul and got one with a mixture of good proven signings, gambles of younger players, punts on guys on the way down and loans. If the DR hadn’t made such a huge deal of us offering more money than Greenock Morton for a player then I don’t think many people would be looking at our business and thinking we had some serious cash to throw around. 

Livingston will still have a bigger budget than us and Raith and Partick will likely have spent more or the same as well. 

Aiden McGeady, whilst technically registered as a player is considered backroom staff and from what the vast majority of people have heard, isn’t on that much money. He’s contracted for another year and I’d be surprised if he’s involved with us past the summer. It was very much a learning opportunity for him and a chance for us to get some kind of experience in the squad last season a without a massive cost. 

It absolutely will not be considered a failure by anyone if we don’t win the league. We need to finish top four and give ourselves a chance at going up but I think injuries are going to hamper us. 

11 hours ago, Enigma said:

Do you think the St Johnstone board scour P&B day and night to get recommendations from chumps like me on who their next manger should be?

No they have you on ignore like the rest of us should. 

10 hours ago, Rugster said:

He was still bang on the money about you. 

If this guy had half a brain he would have ignored what Telfer said when I first highlighted it. Instead he trawled through Telfer’s posts from about 15 years ago and quoted it. At that point I knew Telfer was spot on.