The Falkirk FC Thread

I think the thing with Shanley is from when we signed him possibly looking at one for the future with him, replacing MacIver is a big ask for anyone, If Shanley gets the nod then he has to look at it from "i have a point to prove" but on saying that when we first signed MacIver there were a lot of not good enough and 4 goals in an Alloa side and look how that panned out. The lad cant have too much confidence the now though as he isnt starting regular to get any consistency.

Happy enough for him to get the start but would much rather see Alfie up top, I think Shanley would be one to see the game out rather than start.

16 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm not seeing the Scott Brown hype. 

An absolute disaster at Fleetwood. Did OK last season but nothing startling. This season we cruised past his Ayr side from the League Cup group and he's already failed to win 3 games out of 7 in a league Ayr have tried to buy. 

Wowser..........." you're a cup half full guy ....right ?? "

Option a)  Falkirk qualified from a League Cup Group on goal difference,

Option b)  Falkirk squeaked out a League Cup Group, despite getting their arses felt at Somerset Park.

3 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Option b)  Falkirk squeaked out a League Cup Group, despite getting their arses felt at Somerset Park.

It’s probably somewhere in the middle. I wouldn’t call a 1-0 where we hit the woodwork multiple times getting our arses felt but, I also wouldn’t say we cruised through the group.

10 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

The "Scott Brown beat Falkirk 1 nil, early doors"  hype is doing a lot of heavy lifting for you guys at the moment.

Our basis is on what was achieved by this group and despite the result, putting in a solid performance against one of the favoured Championship teams at that stage.

As it is, Ayr Utd have built a nice stand in their list of recent achievements - and SB has none, so far.

Roll on October 05th.

Edited by Blame Me

23 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Is there a world where we see McKenna start up front?

I was just thinking this but I’m concerned that he’s looked a bit immobile to date…..

Edited by roman_bairn

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Well that’s McGlynn confirmed in today’s paper that MacIver is out tomorrow. What a huge miss he will be and I certainly hope it’s not a long term injury. Hope we are looking at the loan market.

Which paper is this reported to be confirmed in out of curiosity?

20 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Screenshot2024-09-27at12_30_10.thumb.png.3eb44a2fd5c6c45b714b191aa33a8fc6.png

& despite this great miscarriage of justice we still bettered your GD by 5 to win the group. So yes, somewhere between the OP and Option A would be appropriate  

25 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I expect it'll be Oliver up front with Yeats in the 10.  McKenna, Shanley and Ross the options from the bench (would be a boost to see Nesbitt there too).  

If we come away with draw I'll be happy

Or Adams at CF

He has proved to be versatile, has the build, good mobility and would certainly be a handful put himself about and an unknown quantity to the opposition.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This is an obvious chance for Shanley & McKenna to kick on. McGlynn is old school so henge my bet that Shanley gets the nod.

I agree FWIW. We can talk all t he mad permutations we want but McGlynn doesn't really roll like that, and on top of that fact, it would be quite the vote of no confidence in Shanley not to play him. I mean, a loan in would also be that and would spell the end for Shanley for intents and purposes, but it would spell the end because an upgrade had came in. Overlooking him for this weekend and bringing no one in might be a bit of a disaster 

I think Shanley's been fine when coming on, but he was very poor when starting v Stenny. I think he was trying too hard.

I would actually start with McKenna up front as, physically, he's the nearest thing we've got to big Ross, so would maybe give us the best chance of playing our normal game.

Hoping McGlynn can pull a rabbit out the hat this afternoon because I don’t really fancy any of our options up front. Shanley is a no, Oliver has started the season well in the 10 but watching him as a lone striker makes me want to greet, Alfie is a total unknown in that position as is McKenna.