The Falkirk FC Thread

I feel given the financial position we're now in, that level of player is what we'll be looking at unfortunately. Done well in the 2nd with County, failed miserably in the SPL with ICT, and hasn't exactly shined this season as far as his goal scoring record goes.

I feel given the financial position we're now in, that level of player is what we'll be looking at unfortunately. Done well in the 2nd with County, failed miserably in the SPL with ICT, and hasn't exactly shined this season as far as his goal scoring record goes.

Really? The market is full of players this summer so wage levels should fall. McManus scored more goals than this character for Ayr when they got relegated and got more goals than him this year in about half the starts and we released him.

100% agreed.

Scott Higgins was fucking shite. My wee brother used to be a goalkeeper and he called it within five minutes of seeing his first warm-up. Higgins had the agility of Mae Young.

Agreed. I remember a game we lost 1-0 to Celtic at TFS, McGeady scored. He were set for a draw that game if it wasn't for that bufoon. Took him an age to try and get down to McGeady's daisy cutter of a shot.

ICT away will forever haunt me as the worst performance in 45 minutes of any goalkeeper I've ever seen, 2-0 at HT were we not.

Then EEP on the last game of the season, players are taking penalties into each other for a laugh, much to the amusement of the supporters, Higgins steps up and scuffs it 5 yards past the post. Laughter then followed but secretly everybody should have been nervously thinking how the hell he got a contract.

Really? The market is full of players this summer so wage levels should fall. McManus scored more goals than this character for Ayr when they got relegated and got more goals than him this year in about half the starts and we released him.

That's what I'm kind of getting at. McManus is far better than Barrowman, yet what player are we reportedly looking to sign for next season? Barrowman, probably because he'll be on lower wages - I'd hope so anyway, otherwise I'd rather we just offered McManus a deal.

Really not confident of Pressley bringing in the right players. :(

That's what I'm kind of getting at. McManus is far better than Barrowman, yet what player are we reportedly looking to sign for next season? Barrowman, probably because he'll be on lower wages - I'd hope so anyway, otherwise I'd rather we just offered McManus a deal.

Really not confident of Pressley bringing in the right players. :(

I'm not so sure he would be (although I don't know the players' exact wage before KiwiDB jumps in and bites my head off). McManus wasn't exactly inundated with offers when we signed him, and had been at Ayr the previous season. Ross County have offered Barrowman a new deal so he at least has another offer.

I couldnt disagree with you more on that one.

There's a reason Hughes decided we were better off sticking with an ancient crock between the sticks when we were promoted.

Hill is utter shite.

Still, it's not a Falkirk thread if Kiddy isn't posting youtube clips or getting hard over another failed youth player.

Edited by Thundermonkey

Didn't Hill break his leg jumping out of a first-floor window when the police raided a party he was at? I'm sure I remember some story like that.

Didn't Hill break his leg jumping out of a first-floor window when the police raided a party he was at? I'm sure I remember some story like that.

A flat in Grangemouth as far as I recall.

According to the gossip column its in the record today that Pressley wants to resign McManus. Hopefully this is true.

I'd be very happy with this, particularly if (as looks likely) we're going to be losing Stewart.

Yeah. When he was behind Glennon and Ferguson.

A flat in Grangemouth as far as I recall.

What a clown :lol:

We've had some right roasters, remember the stories about Deek Colquhoun?