The Falkirk FC Thread

Would like to see ally graham get a chance before anyone myself on his return

Me too, but it's hard to see him getting a run of games at the moment, which he needs to prove himself. Farid is probably on for a two match ban fairly soon because of bookings, but otherwise seems pretty resilient considering the battering he gets. A spell on loan and first team football is what Graham needs in the short term. The new guy will probably be warming the bench for his return.

It is a good article. I particularly liked this:

"Young players bring a hunger. And when fans see an energy and desire in their team, they will accept a lot of things."

If ever a quote summed up the difference between last season and this season, this is it.

45k? Aye right, bollocks to that!

That was my thoughts as well. A pretty pathetic fee for a team supposedly flush with cash. And I would really grudge him going there as whenever I've seen them on the Football League Show, they've come across as arrogant c***s.

Do bans for a series of yellows apply across all competitions?

Since it's the "League" cup, I believe they do.

EDIT: Actually, that may just be red cards. I was thinking of how Higginbotham and Murdoch missed the Rangers game.

Pretty sure they do though.

Edited by Just a bairn

Yes they count in the League cup as it is ran by the SFL.

I disagree, as yellow cards are kept to their respective competitions. Only red cards incur an instant ban irrespective of competition to be played.

Applying this logic would include the Challenge Cup as well.

Forby accruing two yellow cards, or a straight red for violent conduct in the preceding game, Farid will be available for the Semi.

Alongside current suspensions, the SFA lists 'Cup Cautions' organised by different cup tournaments

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=722

THIS LIST DETAILS ALL THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE INCURRED CAUTIONS IN THE RESPECTIVE SPECIFIED CUP COMPETITIONS. THE NAMES OF PLAYERS WHO HAVE INCURRED SUSPENSIONS AS A RESULT OF RECEIVING CAUTIONS ARE RECORDED IN THE WEEKLY LIST OF SUSPENSIONS.

THE CAUTIONS RECORDED IN THE LIST ARE ACCURATE AS AT THE DATE OF PUBLICATION AND REFLECT THOSE MISCONDUCT REPORTS WHICH HAVE BEEN RECEIVED AND PROCESSED BY THAT DATE.

THE LIST MAY NOT THEREFORE REPRESENT A FULL RECORD OF ALL CAUTIONS INCURRED BY PLAYERS IN THE COMPETITIONS.

ONCE A CLUB IS ELIMINATED FROM A SPECIFIED CUP COMPETITION, THE NAME(S) OF ITS PLAYER(S) WILL BE DELETED FROM THE LIST.

I'm not entirely sure why East Fife are still listed for the League Cup in the most recent one and we're not...

edit: just realised that doesn't actually answer the question of whether a 'league suspension' would transfer into the cup....

23-Cup Cautions (05JAN).pdf

Edited by cbhaf

Afternoon

Please see 3 new items that have been added to the official eBay store;

• Matchworn and signed Alan Gow #8 home shirt (2005/2006)

• Signed 2006/2007 replica home shirt including Russell Latapy, Jack Ross etc.

• Signed 2010/2011 replica home shirt including Brian McLean, Burton O'Brien, Mehdi Khalis etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ffcshop/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Thanks

Retail Team