The Falkirk FC Thread

Midfield is far too young. No real leaders in there and the only player with dig is a 19 year old. We paid for our lack of strength last year on a number of occasions. None more so than in the cup semi when we were crying out for a hard man to come on in the middle of the park and close things down but we had noone like that apart from Murdoch in our entire squad.

I feel durojaiye, alston and fulton are big enough to compete physically. It will be interesting to see what formation we play as from the friendlies it looks like durojaiye will sit just infront of the defence but some friendlies weve played with two upfront and others weve played with one.

Durojaiye could end up being murder for all we know. Just because he was on Spurs and Norwichs books means absolutely nothing . Too many peope are getting over excited about a young boy who has no first team experience whatsoever. To be honest he shouldnt even be starting this season and yet some folk are expecting him to run our midfield.. Have you ever actually watched Jay fulton play? He cant tackle for starters and avoids the physical side of things at all cost. How you think he's going to suddenly get fired into the opposition I dont know. Alston gives 100 percent every game I'll give you that and is a good box to box player. He's still better with the ball than without it. We've never replaced Mark Millar to be honest and with Murdoch away we're even lighter in the middle of the park. We'll struggle badly against the experienced midfields of raith and Dundee unless we get another body in there.

I believe durojaiye will be a great signing for us. From the games ive seen him play his passing is good with both feet and quite like millar he takes in the short passes and spreads it wide.

Im not saying he wont be but hes a young in experienced player who will need time to develope. To aid that process you need experienced heads alongside them on the park. We basically dont have anyone in the middle that can talk these guys through a game. Thats what we badly need and were misding last season.

Durojaiye could end up being murder for all we know. Just because he was on Spurs and Norwichs books means absolutely nothing . Too many peope are getting over excited about a young boy who has no first team experience whatsoever. To be honest he shouldnt even be starting this season and yet some folk are expecting him to run our midfield.. Have you ever actually watched Jay fulton play? He cant tackle for starters and avoids the physical side of things at all cost. How you think he's going to suddenly get fired into the opposition I dont know. Alston gives 100 percent every game I'll give you that and is a good box to box player. He's still better with the ball than without it. We've never replaced Mark Millar to be honest and with Murdoch away we're even lighter in the middle of the park. We'll struggle badly against the experienced midfields of raith and Dundee unless we get another body in there.

100% correct that.....The Hibs semi told its tale for me, Hibs were more physical in midfield at times tackling illegally....we are too nice in midfield

No bad message from lyle on his twitter, quite good of him, didnt need to do it.

It was all tongue and cheek for me, If you took it to far, then thats your problem....

He didnt help himself at times, but all he did was answer back and with social media if you dont like the answer, there really is nothing you can do. He may have the same problem with Sheff Utd, tho England seem to monitor things more with Social media and managers/clubs seem to intervene......then theres Joey Barton.....

For my perspective, he loved it up here, playing side and living side and often said so on Twitter. Good luck to the big man, I even put a tenner on Sheff utd winning the league, which is poor from a Tranmere man.....

*** Also we are 200k + better off for a free transfer.....( I do think this 250k fee will be add ons to reach the 250k...we are the add on kings)

Edited by MrDust

100% correct that.....The Hibs semi told its tale for me, Hibs were more physical in midfield at times tackling illegally....we are too nice in midfield

It was all tongue and cheek for me, If you took it to far, then thats your problem....

He didnt help himself at times, but all he did was answer back and with social media if you dont like the answer, there really is nothing you can do. He may have the same problem with Sheff Utd, tho England seem to monitor things more with Social media and managers/clubs seem to intervene......then theres Joey Barton.....

For my perspective, he loved it up here, playing side and living side and often said so on Twitter. Good luck to the big man, I even put a tenner on Sheff utd winning the league, which is poor from a Tranmere man.....

*** Also we are 200k + better off for a free transfer.....( I do think this 250k fee will be add ons to reach the 250k...we are the add on kings)

What? I'm saying its a good thing he's done by posting that message on twitter.

What? I'm saying its a good thing he's done by posting that message on twitter.

I was generalising re Taylors Twitter.....not pointing fingers......so many wet their knickers and Falkirk fans not alone, Rotherham started it too

He may have done us favour outside the cash, thats if we get 3 or 4 in.....big fukin F tho..... :unsure:

post-256-0-95047600-1374088508_thumb.jpe

Edited by MrDust

I believe we have a new unit of currency on P&B for transfers.

The fee for Taylor was five Tidsers.

Ah but the fun ends there. Morton (if they get a hold of their three Eastern European guys) intend to invest the one Tidser of cash in their football team, whereas our BoD will see the investment of 0 of their 5 Tidsers into the football team as "about the right amount". Who knows, maybe a chunk of it is already destined to help out investors who lost cash on the concerts debacle................nah, they wouldn't dare..........nah.

£250K, quite happy with that. Now for Holt to bring in two 15-goal-a-season strikers to replace him. (Rory Loy being one of them perhaps?)

Then, if there's money left over, a big defender/midfielder ( another Durojaiye type player) to add more physicality and height to the squad would be a bonus.

Was impressed with the young guys at Forfar last night as well, particularly Michael Martin. Roll on the Fifers on Saturday!

We've brought in 250k which works out at about 5k a week over a season, plus freed up the space for Lyle's wages. Surely that should give us enough money to sign 3-4 players on 500ish a week?

Rory Loy is brutal, if we sign him it would be a terrible idea. A 25 year old striker who has scored a career total of 10 league goals, no thanks.

We've brought in 250k which works out at about 5k a week over a season, plus freed up the space for Lyle's wages. Surely that should give us enough money to sign 3-4 players on 500ish a week?

Rory Loy is brutal, if we sign him it would be a terrible idea. A 25 year old striker who has scored a career total of 10 league goals, no thanks.

to be honest before tuesday i would have agreed with you...yes i know it was forfar but apart from fading in the latter part of the game i thought he was pretty good...his first touch was excellent especially when he killed it instantly from a high ball over his shoulder..took his second goal very nicely as well...did miss a bit of a sitter with about 15 to go but overall i think he is worth a second look at least

Can we just remind ourselves of what Lyle and Farid had accomplished before they signed for us?

On another note, Alberto Seidi, young Portuguese winger/forward who's seemingly training with us. Released from Southampton apparently. Anyone know any more about him?

Edited by RobBairn1876

I still don't understand how Murdoch's wage hasn't been reinvested even though he was offered a new contract. But with this huge cash injection, I just can't see there being any reasonable excuse not to invest it into getting 3 good signings, whilst having plenty left over to keep the soft-loan payments up to date.

I still don't understand how Murdoch's wage hasn't been reinvested even though he was offered a new contract. But with this huge cash injection, I just can't see there being any reasonable excuse not to invest it into getting 3 good signings, whilst having plenty left over to keep the soft-loan payments up to date.

Holt said there'd be more trialists, maybe the plan is to possibly invest wages in some of these guys? Just a thought.

Can we just remind ourselves of what Lyle and Farid had accomplished before they signed for us?

On another note, Alberto Seidi, young Portuguese winger/forward who's seemingly training with us. Released from Southampton apparently. Anyone know any more about him?

Rory Loy has failed at League 1, SPL and SFL1 level before. Lyle had had a couple of awful years at Bournemouth but had scored goals at non-league level down South. Farid had scored goals at a lower level in France. Loy is a proven failure, Farid and Taylor were unproven. There's a key difference there.

Even if Farid and Taylor had failed somewhere else, does that mean that any other failure wouldn't be a bad signing because they might end up being like Taylor or Farid? The track record is the best way to measure any new signing. It doesn't mean he wouldn't do a job for us but he's shown nothing in his career so far to suggest he's anything better than pish and he's had plenty of opportunities.

The track record is the best way to measure any new signing. It doesn't mean he wouldn't do a job for us but he's shown nothing in his career so far to suggest he's anything better than pish and he's had plenty of opportunities.

He was given an opportunity the other night and impressed. I get what you're saying and had I known before the game the other night that it was Loy who was the trialist I'd probably have been similarly dismissive of him, but he done well. He IS worth another look. There's no harm in giving him another game or two to see what he can do for us.