The Falkirk FC Thread

Fair play to Holt on this one, not suffering any fools. Just wonder what the agreement was in the end as it's clearly not a sackable offence.

A player who was an asset at times as the Livi away game proved but clearly his head not in it

Maybe it was taken out of Holt's hands and the club decided they'd had enough of him disrespecting everything FFC, not Holt growing a pair.

An Alloa friend of mine said our substitute chairman flew out his seat at full time with his face fizzing.

Damn shame as I felt the lad had a lot to offer.

In all my time watching Falkirk though I've never witnessed such petulance and temper. The incident at Alloa was, quite rightly, the last straw so fair play to Holt or whoever prompted his departure.

Had we had the player that scored against Morton and Livingston for the rest of the time we'd have sauntered this league!

I hope he works out his problems and manages to banish his demons and I wish him well.

I wish him well too. The game against livi away he was unplayable, perfect hattrick.

The goal against Dumbarton was top drawer, if that had been scored by Wayne Rooney it'd be goal of the season.

Loads of assists over the course of the season too, not to mention the performance of his season against Dundee at tfs.

Anyway, onwards, upwards, moving on and all that. Let's see how many games we can win before the end of the season. Hopefully 6 wins, see where that takes us.

Maybe it was taken out of Holt's hands and the club decided they'd had enough of him disrespecting everything FFC, not Holt growing a pair.

An Alloa friend of mine said our substitute chairman flew out his seat at full time with his face fizzing.

Might be some truth in that, but interview after alloa had Holt a real angry man and strongly hinting he wouldn't play again

I was told at start season other players complained to Holt towards Roberts attitude and application and weren't given anything strong willed back, throughout the season this was shown as Holt continued to back when managers like Totten,Hughes, McCall would have had his arse on toast and he would've been loaned to peterhead or such and wanting to leave the club... Tis my biggest gripe with Holt his handling of Roberts

On the ability of Roberts, I do feel if you scratch deep enough there is a player in there, but whilst his head is as fuked as it is, he has no chance. I do also feel he has been a wee bit unlucky at times, the previous red card livvy, some of the bookings he did receive weren't justified....but the facts were many were and he really had one of the worst attitudes I've ever seen at FFC, seen many with attitudes, but it soon got knocked out them, they learnt to grow up or they were quickly shipped....Roberts never got it knocked out of him or learnt to grow up...so option 3 it is....probably for best

We might have to be open to him having a proper, diagnosable mental illness that can't be corrected by him having it "knocked out of him" or him "maturing". This might well be a condition that will haunt him every single day of his life if he doesn't get it fixed professionally.

If he can move back down South, recognise that he has issues, and leave FFC out of any future meltdowns, then I certainly don't wish him any ill. He will now only appear in the stats, and even then, he will be something of a foot note. Here's hoping he can get his life back on track elsewhere.

While Holt could have read the situation at Alloa much better, it wouldn't have fixed anything. If Roberts does indeed have some form of psychosis, then it's hardly Holts responsibility to manage that. He isn't a health professional.

Edited by Guest

How ironic the people on here wishing him well abused him over the last few weeks.

Brockville Main Stand.....get to

Are ever fcukin happy? People slaughter him and you complain, people wish him well on the rest of his career and you complain.

He was a p***k for FFC but I wish him no harm.

I reckon he's finished as a professional player. Being summarily dismissed at Falkirk after being thrown out by ICT means he'll probably end up in a dead end job playing in the juniors and regaling everybody who'll listen about when he was a pro.

Have to laugh at comments like this saying he is on the scrapheap because he didnt make it at Falkirk! Im sorry to see him leave and im more dissapointed that Holt was unable to sort him out because he has ability and was actually playing well for a while.

Unfortunately another couple of weeks of bad attitude brought his earlier problems back to mind.

A few Falkirk "fans" seem eager for Holt and certain players to fail. its a sad situation.

Have to laugh at comments like this saying he is on the scrapheap because he didnt make it at Falkirk! Im sorry to see him leave and im more dissapointed that Holt was unable to sort him out because he has ability and was actually playing well for a while.

Unfortunately another couple of weeks of bad attitude brought his earlier problems back to mind.

A few Falkirk "fans" seem eager for Holt and certain players to fail. its a sad situation.

So where do you think he'll go from here exactly?

For all his failings, and although I can't comment on fans in the main stand, I can only think of one, as you say 'fan', in the south stand who abused him. That guy though is clearly a p***k as he did the very same thing with Mark Stewart. Other than that I don't think anybody wanted him to fail, in fact the very opposite is surely true? We saw a real talent against Morton, Livingston & Dundee and he got a lot of support from the stands in those games and games after but continually threw it back in our faces.

If you saw what he did at Alloa you would know that there was only one way that things could end. I don't see how he can resurrect his career after being sacked from a wee club like ours without a massive improvement in attitude and application. As things stand I doubt he'll be able to do that. But I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

were usually dead and gone at this point the season, somethings changed since holts tookover. to think some numptys wanted him out last week :wacko:

Come on now, losing and drawing consistently with part time teams, hoof ball all day long and finally getting hammered against Alloa 3-0 when it could easily have been 5.

I think some fans, including myself, were rightly aggrieved by that result, picked up in the last week but still non stop hoof ball. I'll give him another chance as that's 2 wins on this trot against Dumbarton ( a bit if a bogey team for us) and Dundee ( top of the league)

McGeever away to Arbroath for the rest of the season.

I remember I saw mcgeever start a game against Morton a while back, I thought he was absolutely immense for his home debut. He's not really kicked on from there though.