The Falkirk FC Thread

emailed a complaint in, not that they'll give a toss. I've thought about this since the match and although I'm a fairly new supporter (09), I don't think I'll be renewing my season ticket again.

You need to get back to Alistair Sim, that always brightened up my day a bit!

Guest Back Post Misses

The saltire was fine, it was the disgusting yes logo on it which had to get it removed. This happened at the commonwealth games as well!

It is the reaction of the club that seems to have riled the fans more than anything. Tell them to ring Ibrox if they had a problem with Union jacks etc. ring Rangers. Ring f""fing Rangers, I ask you!!

I can't see the problem with this. It's widely recognised and acknowledged that you can't make political statements at the football. A saltire in itself would've been fine (although you only have to look at the fine St Johnstone received to see how a national flag can cause bother) and Falkirk were acting responsibly, making sure they couldn't face any punishment.

Obviously there have been much more overt and widespread statement at Rangers games recently, but 'they did it first!' is hardly a justification. Rangers obviously aren't concerned about potential ramifications, but that doesn't mean Falkirk shouldn't be.

The Falkirk fans clearly have a lot of reasons to feel alienated from their club by a board that has made some poor decisions, but I can't see that this is one of them.

You have a club like Rangers who are offensive to every fan in Scotland who doesn't want involved in their shite.

Christ they've even managed to annoy fans abroad and the decent public of Manchester

Their fans are some of the scummiest shite around.

I know fans who refuse to attend any match involving them as they don't want subject to their pish and certainly won't take their kids to experience the Rangers experience

In 2005 Falkirk fans were subject to a flag display at Ibrox during HT that they clearly would never get away with v Celtic.

I remember the outrage it caused and got no media coverage that I seen.

For our club to come out with this shite after all that is written above is unbelievable.

Their is 1 set of flags and fans that are offensive.

Sadly as usual, FFC have got the wrong ones again

This is how Osama Bin Laden started....

One can deem many things offensive but a yes on a saltire if related to a referendum which is now history isn't exactly offensive. The world in a lot of areas has become too PC but in Scotland in certain areas, we turn a blind eye to and in our case we point fingers at non events that drive fans away.

NOTICE OF UNDER-20 FIXTURES

Sunday, 28th September – Scottish Youth Cup 2nd Round

The Falkirk Stadium – Kick-off 1 p.m.

FALKIRK v AIRDRIEONIANS

Admission FREE

Tuesday, 30th September – Development League

The Falkirk Stadium – Kick-off 2 p.m.

FALKIRK v DUNDEE UNITED

Admission FREE