The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm going to shock you now. I like Falkirk.I actually do. There are only two sides I wish ill upon and neither of them are Falkirk.It's just that there's a little sport to be had on here at times. There was the time before Holt's appointment when a lot of you were keen for Falkirk to aim for Allan Johnston when he was with us. This prompted Falkirk fans to highlight and revel in the self-evident fact that Falkirk is a bigger club than Queens. We then had all the pathetic bleating about our pitch last season. And then we had you getting all lathered about Houstie in the summer, when some of us urged caution.Just a bit of fun. For me, at least.

It all makes sense now. For what it's worth I actually don't mind Queens either.

I'm going to shock you now. I like Falkirk.I actually do. There are only two sides I wish ill upon and neither of them are Falkirk.It's just that there's a little sport to be had on here at times. There was the time before Holt's appointment when a lot of you were keen for Falkirk to aim for Allan Johnston when he was with us. This prompted Falkirk fans to highlight and revel in the self-evident fact that Falkirk is a bigger club than Queens. We then had all the pathetic bleating about our pitch last season. And then we had you getting all lathered about Houstie in the summer, when some of us urged caution.Just a bit of fun. For me, at least.

I believe I was 1 of those who slated your pitch.

Let me fill you in seen as you were good enough to fill me in as to why.

A lot of Queens fans were bumming it up big time whilst visiting fans were looking at it thinking I've played on better at 5s.

I didn't actully think it played too badly to be honest. It just looked like a council pitch from 10 years ago.

I know people who played on ours and actually thought it was grass whilst standing on it.

For queens fans to claim yours was better was insulting, and I for 1 wasn't having it.

I believe I was 1 of those who slated your pitch.

Let me fill you in seen as you were good enough to fill me in as to why.

A lot of Queens fans were bumming it up big time whilst visiting fans were looking at it thinking I've played on better at 5s.

I didn't actully think it played too badly to be honest. It just looked like a council pitch from 10 years ago.

I know people who played on ours and actually thought it was grass whilst standing on it.

For queens fans to claim yours was better was insulting, and I for 1 wasn't having it.

Did many claim it was better than the Falkirk one though? I don't think that happened to any real extent at all. What you did get was people defending it when fans said how badly the surface played.

Did many claim it was better than the Falkirk one though?

A few did yeah. Not everyone but enough to make me realise they were serious and not fishing.

Given you've now just pumped us on the relaid pitch may I be the 1st to say it's a shocking surface and you've been ripped off.

A few did yeah. Not everyone but enough to make me realise they were serious and not fishing.

Given you've now just pumped us on the relaid pitch may I be the 1st to say it's a shocking surface and you've been ripped off.

Sorry, but Im calling bollocks on that one, unless you can prove it. I dont recall anyone even suggesting that the Palmerston pitch was better than Falkirks. I dont even remember too many, if any, Queens fans "bumming it up" either. Pretty much everyone said it didnt look right from the very beginning.

Sorry, but Im calling bollocks on that one, unless you can prove it. I dont recall anyone even suggesting that the Palmerston pitch was better than Falkirks. I dont even remember too many, if any, Queens fans "bumming it up" either. Pretty much everyone said it didnt look right from the very beginning.

Well I guess we all took the huff for no reason then because I cannot be arsed checking back through all posts on the subject.

My apologies

Well I guess we all took the huff for no reason then because I cannot be arsed checking back through all posts on the subject.

My apologies

Apology accepted.

It's probably better if you don't make up rubbish.

In all honesty, Falkirk still have every chance of getting above us this season, but you appear to be struggling at the moment. It's this balance between being a football team and a project thing again I suppose.

I maintain that Houstie was not a good appointment and I'm not winning the battle to resist saying I told you so.

Apology accepted.It's probably better if you don't make up rubbish.In all honesty, Falkirk still have every chance of getting above us this season, but you appear to be struggling at the moment. It's this balance between being a football team and a project thing again I suppose. I maintain that Houstie was not a good appointment and I'm not winning the battle to resist saying I told you so.

It's annoying. The last 4 appointments (Hughes, May, Pressley and Holt) were not popular fan choices. This 1 clearly was the name most fans wanted so it feels like we can't complain too much.

I think we all need to draw a line and say it was a disaster.

It's annoying. The last 4 appointments (Hughes, May, Pressley and Holt) were not popular fan choices. This 1 clearly was the name most fans wanted so it feels like we can't complain too much.

I think we all need to draw a line and say it was a disaster.

Maybe too early to conclude it's a disaster, but I thought things were too clouded by the fact he'd been a 'cult' player for you.

He inherited good players at United, was unpopular in the dressing room and left under an arrogant cloud. I also thought he was culpable as part of Levein's dreadful Scotland regime.

Although Pressley and Holt had mixed records, I'd see them as more viable choices for a side like Falkirk.

As regards the good players Falkirk have produced, as I've said before, it's bloody impressive. It's no accident, but also relies on a degree of luck for several to come through more or less at once.

Genuine question: What if that now doesn't happen for two or three seasons?

Does it just mean that some soft loans go longer without being repaid? Does it suddenly mean Falkirk will need to countenance the seaside? Or does it make little tangible difference, calling into question the entire point?

I honestly mean it when I say that there's much to envy and admire about how Falkirk operates. It just all looks a bit circular. As a Scotland fan, I want to see more of this kind of approach. As a Falkirk fan though, I think I'd have lots of questions.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Maybe too early to conclude it's a disaster, but I thought things were too clouded by the fact he'd been a 'cult' player for you.

He inherited good players at United, was unpopular in the dressing room and left under an arrogant cloud. I also thought he was culpable as part of Levein's dreadful Scotland regime.

Although Pressley and Holt had mixed records, I'd see them as more viable choices for a side like Falkirk.

As regards the good players Falkirk have produced, as I've said before, it's bloody impressive. It's no accident, but also relies on a degree of luck for several to come through more or less at once.

Genuine question: What if that now doesn't happen for two or three seasons?

Does it just mean that some soft loans go longer without being repaid? Does it suddenly mean Falkirk will need to countenance the seaside? Or does it make little tangible difference, calling into question the entire point?

I honestly mean it when I say that there's much to envy and admire about how Falkirk operates. It just all looks a bit circular. As a Scotland fan, I want to see more of this kind of approach. As a Falkirk fan though, I think I'd have lots of questions.

There will be no more big sales as there is no one left that's any good...sibbald isn't fast or determined enough to make a top class player & Alston has lost it completely. .... This however could be the answer to our problems because hopefully what will happen is we will make losses due to lack of player sales. The club won't be able to repay loans & ultimately will be guided into admin which will remove the current directors allowing us to start again debt free ala Jambos. We can then renogetiate on our high "fixed costs" which supposedly got us into this position in the first place. Alternatively we can go part time as their players seem to be fitter & equally as pish as ours. We are not attracting a better quality of player by being full time & it may allow us to get rid of utter jokers like OTJ & David smith (unless there is something in their contract guaranteeing full time football) & again as a part time club we could renegotiate these "fixed costs".

There will be no more big sales as there is no one left that's any good...sibbald isn't fast or determined enough to make a top class player & Alston has lost it completely. .... This however could be the answer to our problems because hopefully what will happen is we will make losses due to lack of player sales. The club won't be able to repay loans & ultimately will be guided into admin which will remove the current directors allowing us to start again debt free ala Jambos. We can then renogetiate on our high "fixed costs" which supposedly got us into this position in the first place. Alternatively we can go part time as their players seem to be fitter & equally as pish as ours. We are not attracting a better quality of player by being full time & it may allow us to get rid of utter jokers like OTJ & David smith (unless there is something in their contract guaranteeing full time football) & again as a part time club we could renegotiate these "fixed costs".

Sounds a bit drastic.

That is a class 1 melt-down. Good stuff.

Guest Back Post Misses

The soft loans have gone, paid off with the family silver. Our debt is no more apart from the pitch Edited by Back Post Misses

smgdh.gif

And then the sun will grow, melting the icecaps and drowning TFS, eventually destroying what is left of the atmosphere and forcing us to play on an airless pitch at 300 degC. Then it will grow so big all life will be eradicated, and WHAT WILL THE BOARD DO THEN EH? EH?

Get a grip.

Don't panic we still have Vaulks........... wait a minute isn't he off to Norwich in January?

Said it at the start of the season the new signings were pish. Macdonald the only one with pass marks. Won't be rushing to get a season ticket next year until I see who is being signed.