The Falkirk FC Thread

Am I missing something on Macdonald?

People keep saying he's the only bright light to come from pre season but I've never seen him do anything close to MCGovern yet.

He's also on a hell of a lot more than Michael and we've weekened ourselves in my opinion.

'We've weakened ourselves' implies you let McGovern go and chose to replace him with MacDonald. You wouldn't have picked up a better keeper had you not signed him.

You're right.

We could do nothing to stop him leaving. Christ, it was amazing he stayed so long.

We also couldn't have done much better than Jamie at this level.

My point is though he's done nowt and is not as good as the guy he replaces.

McGovern was offered a deal with us so we never chose Macdonald over him.

We are lucky to have Macdonald to replace McGovern who is doing fantastic at Hamilton and he deserves all the plaudits he is getting.

The signings have not been good enough apart from Jamie and to a lesser extent peter grant.

Taiwo has had moments such as Dunfermline away but faded since.

Cooper - done well against shire in the cup and alloa at home. A lot of effort but no results.

Smith - loves to run at wing backs and as soon as he gets close he passes the ball back to a fullback and hides again.

Tudur-Jones- strolls around the park and now injured till December time.

Shaugnessey - decent player but not seen enough of him.

Maybury - good back up but doing a good job with the under20s.

Boulding - no point at all. Wages could have been saved and hopefully on his way in Jan.

Expect a couple of loan signings in Jan and a season of disappointment.

McGovern was offered a deal with us so we never chose Macdonald over him.

We are lucky to have Macdonald to replace McGovern who is doing fantastic at Hamilton and he deserves all the plaudits he is getting.

The signings have not been good enough apart from Jamie

I acknowledge that Michael was offered a deal.

I also acknowledge that we probably couldn't have done much better than Jamie.

My point is MCGovern is a better keeper and Jamie has not done anything to Impress me or merit the constant praise.

I've been having an on-off discussion with a few Falkirk fans on the Old Falkirk in Pictures Facebook page today. It just shows how utterly bereft of sense some of our fans are.

Some of the gems include:

- wanting to have a finished, four-sided stadium on a par with Rugby Park (presumably we are going to magic the increased attendances)

- claiming that we were 'sustainable' during the nineties when we had the likes of Johnston, Waddle et al (I must be imagining the provisional liquidation in the late nineties)

- claiming that Dundee can't sustain two teams so it's madness Falkirk trying to sustain three (I could be wrong, but I'm sure both Dundee teams are in the Premiership this season)

- building more fives pitches on the wasteground between the stadium and the Icehouse Brae North (we can't even sell out the six that we've got)

No wonder our directors feel invincible when this is the kind of nonsense that fans spout. Almost as bad as the Middle-Aged Women's Pressley Supporter's Club back in the day.

Edited by Gaz

I've been having an on-off discussion with a few Falkirk fans on the Old Falkirk in Pictures Facebook page today. It just shows how utterly bereft of sense some of our fans are.

- wanting to have a finished, four-sided stadium on a par with Rugby Park (presumably we are going to magic the increased attendances)

- claiming that we were 'sustainable' during the nineties when we had the likes of Johnston, Waddle et al (I must be imagining the provisional liquidation in the late nineties)

- claiming that Dundee can't sustain two teams so it's madness Falkirk trying to sustain three (I could be wrong, but I'm sure both Dundee teams are in the Premiership this season)

- building more fives pitches on the wasteground between the stadium and the Icehouse Brae North (we can't even sell out the six that we've got)

No wonder our directors feel invincible when this is the kind of nonsense that fans spout. Almost as bad as the Middle-Aged Women's Pressley Supporter's Club back in the day.

I hate it when Non Falkirk fans ask when we are finishing the ground.

It's 10X worse if Falkirk fans actually want to see it.

I hate it when Non Falkirk fans ask when we are finishing the ground.

It's 10X worse if Falkirk fans actually want to see it.

I'm guessing you weren't at the fans meeting a few years ago when Ritchie said, in front of a good few hundred of us, that he still wants to build a fourth stand.

Guest Back Post Misses

They are going to build another pitch over on the East side and build another stand. Ritchie said as much last week in FFCTV

They are going to build another pitch over on the East side and build another stand. Ritchie said as much last week in FFCTV

Ritchie is a fucking moron.

BTW?

Nah, at the stadium. Was meant to be in the room downstairs but so many of us turned up we had to move outside to the stand. The rep from Bairnstrust was there and gave a pretty poor account of himself.

W Malcolm ritchies legacy will be a 1500 seater west stand and that will do nicely to finish the stadium as much as I have criticised the lack of investment in the team I would be happy to have a four sided stadium

We already have a West Stand. Do you mean an East Stand?

I don't think there's a Falkirk fan who wouldn't prefer a four-sided stand, but the issue comes down to necessity and cost. We certainly don't need one, and it's unlikely we ever will, and we certainly have better things to spend money on.

No, unless some wealthy benefactor builds it for us, not one penny of club money should be used on building a fourth stand.

I don't think there's a Falkirk fan who wouldn't prefer a four-sided stand, but the issue comes down to necessity and cost. We certainly don't need one, and it's unlikely we ever will, and we certainly have better things to spend money on.

No, unless some wealthy benefactor builds it for us, not one penny of club money should be used on building a fourth stand.

Has a penny of the clubs money been used to build any of the other 3?

no we gave away a ground we owned & let a supermarket chain build on it for nothing.apparently it was the most generous thing ever done by a football club & I believe it allowed us to register as a charity. I've also heard that the real purpose behind this move was to build a world class stock car track with a tinderbox stand ...but we will need the council to pay for this pipe dream

Funny I thot as I was bored on Tuesday, that why couldnt we have built smaller stands ala St Mirren all around the pitch other than ones to match the size of main stand, ok most weeks probably would only require two stands open, but in that case it couldve been more flexible for the one bus supports than what our main stand is doing for now as it wasnt designed for housing two seperate supports.

I dont think it will ever happen in my time, the fourth stand and I dont think its required