The Falkirk FC Thread

Hamilton fans raved about Cuthbert before they signed McGovern. Let's not forget, had it not be for Cuthbert's superb saves in the second leg of the play-off game last year it would have been us playing Hibs and possibly in the Premiership.

They also thot he was a better keeper than McGovern and thot McGovern was to be the back up.... I don't know what that tells us....!

Guest Back Post Misses

Get bowman in, what's the point in having a youth academy with a fine keeper in bowman who has been receiving rave reviews in the development league and having a shambles of a keeper in the first team?

Bowman IMO isn't and never will be good enough

Bowman IMO isn't and never will be good enough

I think he is, there's only one way to find out I suppose, after being to almost all the development games I think bowman is head and shoulders above our current 1st team keeper. He actually commands his box, catches every crossed ball and his distribution is good compared with McDonald's

Guest Back Post Misses

I think he is, there's only one way to find out I suppose, after being to almost all the development games I think bowman is head and shoulders above our current 1st team keeper. He actually commands his box, catches every crossed ball and his distribution is good compared with McDonald's

We will agree to differ.

I think he will be gone in the summer

Agreed and some of our coaching staff do concur 100% with that. We will never know if he's good enough for our first team and he should have had his chance this season at some stages.

I agree about having an experienced keeper as your number 1. Epecially if he leads by example and is consistent. Unfortunately, that can't be said about MacDonald this season

Genuine question:

Has MacDonald really performed that poorly, or is it concern over his alleged wages, or is it that you simply can't forgive him for waving to fans of the clubs he used to play for?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Genuine question:

Has MacDonald really performed that poorly, or is it concern over his alleged wages, or is it that you simply can't forgive him for waving to fans of the clubs he used to play for?

For me it's the alleged wages he is getting, as well as the fact that he isn't really that good a keeper.

Bobby Olejnik is better than him.

Genuine question:

A bit of both....tho the wage hasn't really been pointed at. I don't have knowledge of wages like 97% of us do but I'd be surprised if he wasn't either our top earner or at least in our top 3

Has he performed in that bracket......no...

Genuine question:

Excellent shot stopper but hardly comes off his line, doesn't command even the 6 yard box, fumbles crosses and has really poor distribution. There's a few times this season he's came running out his box to make a tackle/clear when he should have stayed put, there's a few times he's ran out then had to sprint back to try to save a shot because he's missed the ball.

I'd say he's been OK, that's all

If Macdonald was a young keeper you could look the other way and say he will learn from that.

The fact is he dropped a level to play for us and allegedly takes home the biggest pay packet in our club, and for what?

If I was comparing him like for like with 1 of our forwards I'd go with Taylor Morgan.

MacDonald - crossed balls, if our defending doesn't clear it, therss a high risk of a goal, his release of the ball kicking and from hand is the worst I've seen. I honestly thot Yaas when we signed him, nothing compares to seeing a player close hand than tv.

A poor Paul Mathers as far as I'm concerned

the real downside of that season for me was the divide between players and supporters.... it took two seasons to heal that

Quite - prime example being the absolute disgrace of booing a Falkirk player during a Scottish Cup Semi-Final at Hampden against Dunfermine.

Fucking morons.