The Falkirk FC Thread

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/dev-lge-ict- ... nks-caley/

DEV LGE – ICT 0 – 3 FALKIRK – O’HARA TREBLE SINKS CALEY

Hat-trick hero Kevin O’Hara ensured Falkirk’s Under-20 side finished their Development League campaign on a high at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. Caley’s poor finishing was in stark contrast to the clinical strikes of the sixteen-year-old Bairns forward.

Falkirk signalled their intentions as early as the 5th minute when a Thomas Grant free-kick was headed just over by Robbie McNab. Grant was the architect of another chance 10 minutes later when he dribbled along the byeline before cutting the ball back into the box but their were no takers.

It was blowing a gale and making things really difficult for the players. The swirling wind caused Graham Bowman to lose control of the ball in 26 minutes but Caley’s Jason Brown could not force the ball over the line. Three minutes later Brown popped up again on the edge of the box but could only fire the half-chance high over the crossbar.

Robbie McNab redressed the balance of play by smacking a free-kick off the bar as Falkirk confirmed their superiority but it was Caley who had the last chance of the half when Polworth raced clear but delayed his shot and Liam Rowan was able to clear.

HT ICT 0 – 0 FALKIRK

The home side were first out of the traps with a difficult shot from Sutherland which Bowman held comfortably.

Falkirk made the breakthrough in 56 minutes. McNab , Blues and Grant all combined to set up KEVIN O’HARA and from 12 yards, the young striker fairly hammered the ball high past McKay for the opener.

It was KEVIN O’HARA who added a second goal four miutes later to shoot low into the net after Caley had failed to clear their lines. The Bairns were dominant at this stage and McNab rifled a low shot just wide of McKay’s left-hand post.

Back came Caley and Kink set-up Sutherland with what looked like a tap-in but the striker somehow shot meekly into the arms of Bowman.

It was all over for Caley with three minutes remaining and another howler from the home defence. A loose pass went straight to the feet of KEVIN O’HARA in the box and he clinically despatched the ball into the net for a deserved hat-trick.

Ft – ICT 0 – 3 FALKIRK

ICT : McKay; C. Brown, Howarth, Hull, J. Brown, Rennie, Polworth, Blackett (Stark 69), Kink, Sutherland, Baptie. Subs : Hoban (g), McCrae

FALKIRK : Bowman; Rowan, Gallagher, McNab (Langton 79), Maybury, Johnson, Blues (Sneddon 84), Blair, O’Hara, Martin, T. Grant (Nash 76). Subs : Erskine (g), Evans

When did you hear this? Guessing within the last week?

The timing maybe an issue is we win the cup apparently - as could be the Tom Jones concert as we could be at home in Europe when this thing is being set up.

14,000 is an incredible number of sales with more to come. It'd be easy to say "Why don't these people come every week?" and moan. I'm not holding my breath but the club need to look at this as the biggest opportunity they've had since we sold Brockville.

All sorts of offers should be put together for these ticket holders. Discounts on season tickets for those who could be tempted to go to every game, discounts on some sort of mini season ticket offer (vouchers for 5 games? 10 games?) for people who are maybe lapsed or casual fans, discounts on a top or other merchandise for people who are only there for the "day out" aspect, discounts on a hospitality package for those who would go for a bevvy or treat it as an event.

A minimum of 5,000 (I'm being conservative) of these people won't have given a penny to the club since 2009's final. Give them a reason to put more money in.

14,000 is an incredible number of sales with more to come. It'd be easy to say "Why don't these people come every week?" and moan. I'm not holding my breath but the club need to look at this as the biggest opportunity they've had since we sold Brockville.

All sorts of offers should be put together for these ticket holders. Discounts on season tickets for those who could be tempted to go to every game, discounts on some sort of mini season ticket offer (vouchers for 5 games? 10 games?) for people who are maybe lapsed or casual fans, discounts on a top or other merchandise for people who are only there for the "day out" aspect, discounts on a hospitality package for those who would go for a bevvy or treat it as an event.

A minimum of 5,000 (I'm being conservative) of these people won't have given a penny to the club since 2009's final. Give them a reason to put more money in.

Agree 100% with all that your saying, even enticing only 500 new people through the gates regularly would make a massive difference to be honest.

I do think it will hinge on winning the cup though, Killie got a huge boost on/off the park in 97 after winning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I notice Donkey boy is talking about the possibility of a 16 team top league in position for the start of the season after next.

Providing there is at least 1 team relegated from the Prem, that would mean 5 coming up from the Championship.

Hopefully get this sorted as quick as possible So that the fans know whats going on. Yeah right.

I notice Donkey boy is talking about the possibility of a 16 team top league in position for the start of the season after next.

Providing there is at least 1 team relegated from the Prem, that would mean 5 coming up from the Championship.

Hopefully get this sorted as quick as possible So that the fans know whats going on. Yeah right.

If they're going to 16 then there won't be relegation. At best the bottom club will face a playoff with 5th in the championship, but I even doubt that

I seen their was talk of a 10 team top league again.

How do they plan to get clubs to vote for that?

The 10 championship clubs wouldn't want it and neither would any of the current bottom 6.

I doubt Inverness and St Johnstone would fancy it either.

I seen their was talk of a 10 team top league again.

How do they plan to get clubs to vote for that?

The 10 championship clubs wouldn't want it and neither would any of the current bottom 6.

I doubt Inverness and St Johnstone would fancy it either.

They'll do another breakaway league and set up a separate organisation including Sevco, get their own TV rights, change it to one up/one down...