The Falkirk FC Thread

Going to be honest. I thought it was a decent run out for the young lads and let's not forget, that's what it was. They were up against a much older squad and didn't look out of place or out muscled.

Paul Watson looks commanding, good distribution too. I think he will work well with Peter Grant (who came along to watch tonight).

Ryan Blair in the middle of the park played very well too and saw a lot of the ball, he was very composed. Can see why FFC think he'll be the next big thing. Cameron Blues beside him played very well also.

Thomas Grant will be like a new signing this year. He's looking sharp and his final ball is immense.

In terms of the young trialists. Apparently it's Thomas Reilly who was released today from St Mirren. Alex Smith says they are taking a look at him for the development team but may not go anywhere.

The trialist keeper came on and did ok. Again, would be for the development team.

Of the "senior" players in the team, Shepherd & Cooper, the former ran about a lot but as per last season had no output. The latter was almost in the same bracket, some nice runs but final ball was poor. He had a couple of half chances at the end.

Decent 90 mins viewing and nice to see a healthy crowd back the young team.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Ryan Blair in the middle of the park played very well too and saw a lot of the ball, he was very composed. Can see why FFC think he'll be the next big thing. Cameron Blues beside him played very well also.

I watched about 60 mins of it and Blair was the stick out and having Mark Kerr around him will only help his development to the first team

Just read about you paying will vaulks only £4.33 per month for the first bit of his contract, boy must be mental signing that.

His choice.

It also stated we paid for his flat as part of the deal as we could not afford a full wage but he wanted to play for free.

Just read about you paying will vaulks only £4.33 per month for the first bit of his contract, boy must be mental signing that.

Fair play to him for that and his gamble paid off in the end. It's easy to do that when you have rich parents though

Fair play to him for that and his gamble paid off in the end.

I went to link to the Record story from the other week about St Mirren being investigated by the taxman about Keiran Doran being on a similar deal - They mentioned Vaulks in that article and said Falkirk could be in a similar position,

But my Google search brought up an article from yesterday where the boldly state that Falkirk will be in the firing line next !!

I wonder if there's any truth in that ? The Record usually glosses over tax man stories.

I wonder if there's any truth in that ? The Record usually glosses over tax man stories.

I doubt anything will come of it to be honest. Falkirk and Vaulks signed a legal contract which was agreed by both parties. I'm sure the fact the rent of the flat was included in the deal, balances out any issue of the club underpaying

I doubt anything will come of it to be honest. Falkirk and Vaulks signed a legal contract which was agreed by both parties. I'm sure the fact the rent of the flat was included in the deal, balances out any issue of the club underpaying

Not according the the very knowledgeable Record hack - in amongst a whole load of exceptional journalistic tosh like "may soon", "If he follows through", "It’s believed", "If Hector starts", etc etc - he very definately states that "Falkirk are next" !!!

he also explains that "It doesn’t matter that the contract was agreed willingly between both parties, it’s another breach of regulations for which ignorance or mutual acceptance are no excuse in a court of law."

The best bit though, and I shit you not, is the Daily Fucking Record boldly declaring that "The SFA and SPFL stand accused of doing next to nothing to stop smaller clubs, in particular, breaking the law "

The rent of the flat had nothing to do with any deal. My mate owned the place Will was staying in and the deal was done directly with him nothing to do with the club.

Edited by Back Post Misses

The rent of the flat had nothing to do with any deal. My mate owned the place Will was staying in and the deal was done directly with him nothing to do with the club.

Fair do's. I seem to recall quotes from the club at the time stating they had give him accommodation when he first came up. However, good reason to believe you on that

Nothing will come off the Records' "exclusive" anyway