The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:
Right Back
With Keelan Adams on a 2 year deal the management team will expect him to be challenging for that position.
If we get Finn Yeats to sign a contract we will have for the first time for a while competition for the Right Back spot plus Yeats versatility for a midfield roll. Should we consider that position covered?
With few players incoming it would be good to have a long standing position issue off the list.
Thoughts?

Big words 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Dundee game off again, whit a riddy for the spl bigwigs wanting artificial pitches gone in the top league yet Dundee can't get their grass pitch playable in April. 

They won't get sanctioned after helping out with covid vote the season the league was handed to Raith Rovers

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

As mentioned, the late kick offs have absolutely scudded the bank. This looks like the last game of the season I'll make though, so hopefully it's a good one!

If we win this one on Saturday then I think an invincible season is a very realistic possibility. They'll be up for it so hopefully McGlynn has them focused against complacency (I'm sure he has).

Predictions for last 4:

Hamilton (a) 1 v 1 Morrison (pen)

Kelty (h) 3 v 1 MacIver, Nesbitt, Agyeman

Annan (a) 2 v 0 Henderson, McGinn

Alloa (h) 2 v 3 Morrison 2.

Something about that Alloa game disna feel richt...

18 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Predictions for last 4:

Hamilton (a) 1 v 1 Morrison (pen)

Kelty (h) 3 v 1 MacIver, Nesbitt, Agyeman

Annan (a) 2 v 0 Henderson, McGinn

Alloa (h) 0 v 3 Morrison Miller Nesbitt 

Something about that Alloa game disna feel richt...

FIFY

John McGlynn and Callumn Morrison deservedly picking up the Manager of The Month and Player of The Month awards respectively.

When it comes to naming the team of the season they are going to have a hard job a) justifying to the rest of League One fans why it 90% consists of Falkirk players. OR b) they are going to have an even harder job justifying to Falkirk fans why it DOESN"T 90% consist of Falkirk players.

Alfie Bavidge on loan at Kelty seems a player but who does he displace from the Falkirk side?

That boy Tait at Hamilton is anoth . . . . . . . . Oops!

Who from the other League One sides would you have in the team of the season? (apart from keepers).

Edited by Bairn in Exile

As said it would be great to go unbeaten for a season, but no hang ups if we don’t succeed. We’ve won the league with games to spare, we’ve played some of the best football seen at the TFS, we’ve assembled for what I regard are the best ballers since our last stint in the big boys league, we’ve brought unity between the fans and the club, we’ve got the Ultras who have been magnificent, we’ve greatly increased our average home support, and we’ve now got a Bairns club touching 300 members, and finally we’ve got merchandise that’s so bloody good I’ve spent easily another season ticket costs on. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

As said it would be great to go unbeaten for a season, but no hang ups if we don’t succeed. We’ve won the league with games to spare, we’ve played some of the best football seen at the TFS, we’ve assembled for what I regard are the best ballers since our last stint in the big boys league, we’ve brought unity between the fans and the club, we’ve got the Ultras who have been magnificent, we’ve greatly increased our average home support, and we’ve now got a Bairns club touching 300 members, and finally we’ve got merchandise that’s so bloody good I’ve spent easily another season ticket costs on. 

Talking of growing the average home support...427 tickets have now been sold for the North Stand (Alloa game).

So nearly 6,500 home tickets sold with 3 weeks till the game.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

John McGlynn and Callumn Morrison deservedly picking up the Manager of The Month and Player of The Month awards respectively.

When it comes to naming the team of the season they are going to have a hard job a) justifying to the rest of League One fans why it 90% consists of Falkirk players. OR b) they are going to have an even harder job justifying to Falkirk fans why it DOESN"T 90% consist of Falkirk players.

Alfie Bavidge on loan at Kelty seems a player but who does he displace from the Falkirk side?

Who from the other League One sides would you have in the team of the season? (apart from keepers).

I was thinking the same. Hamilton might have had a couple of players, Martin and Fulton, but both being out so long injured I can't see them getting a place over our boys. I think it will be hard even to leave some the Falkirk players out, ie. Who gets in from Spencer, Hendo or Tait? All have been outstanding for us this season 

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Guaranteed they will put Burrell in it. Obviously Morrison top scorer but not a striker, so Burrell will get in there.

27 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Guaranteed they will put Burrell in it. Obviously Morrison top scorer but not a striker, so Burrell will get in there.

I remember saying that very thing a couple of months ago on here. Some disagreed. Burrell will get CF and Morrison will get RW or nearest position.

44 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Good point re: Burrell. I do think, however, that somebody should tell Callumn Morrison that he isn't a striker because he seems to be under the impression that he is.

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Boy Stephen at alloa is an outside shout. There were 6 Dunfermline players in last year's team of the season.

Edited by Shodwall cat