The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

What an unbelievable season and a great way to mark 20 years of TFS. John and the boys have done the whole town proud since day one and not only was the football and absolute joy to watch, but seeing the next generation of Bairns belting out Falkirk anthems makes me realise the club is in great hands. Being in the Championship is an absolute minimum requirement for this club and I think we can go even better.

By my calculations we’ve got 14 signed up for next season? Have I missed anyone?

Hogarth in goals 

Defenders - Adams, Donaldson, Lang, McCann, Yeats

Midfielders - Agyemang, Henderson, Miller, Morrison, Nesbitt, Oliver, Spencer

Forwards - MacIver

I think 3-4 top quality signings over the summer would get us into contention for the playoffs. 

Require Goalkeeper, 2 x defenders 2 x midfield 2 x forwards.

Hopefully 1 or 2 of the young guys are ready to step up. If they are good enough (Yeats) they are old enough. We will be shopping in a higher quality shop so you never know who we might get. Another thing to consider are clubs coming in for these players under contract.

What a nice problem to have.

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Require Goalkeeper, 2 x defenders 2 x midfield 2 x forwards.

Hopefully 1 or 2 of the young guys are ready to step up. If they are good enough (Yeats) they are old enough. We will be shopping in a higher quality shop so you never know who we might get. Another thing to consider are clubs coming in for these players under contract.

What a nice problem to have.

Would you take Sean Mackie, Dylan Tait and Ethan Ross again? I certainly would give Mackie and Tait another year. Ross is more of a borderline case and I’d probably be having a look what else is available first.

I still think we need an alternative option to Ross MacIver up front. Shanley has never convinced me and I prefer Gary Oliver playing just behind. Depending on how ready McGlynn feels Keelan Adams is I think a right back should be added to cover Finn. Possibly a versatile right back that can also play CB because it would be good to be able to keep Hendo in midfield even if pick up an injury or two at the back.

In short I think we basically need to replace the roles of Sean Mackie, Dylan Tait, Ethan Ross, Stephen McGinn, Sam Long, Leighton Bisland and Ryan Shanley in the squad, although in the first 2 or 3 cases that “replacement” could just be a new contract for that player. 

3 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Would you take Sean Mackie, Dylan Tait and Ethan Ross again? I certainly would give Mackie and Tait another year. Ross is more of a borderline case and I’d probably be having a look what else is available first.

I still think we need an alternative option to Ross MacIver up front. Shanley has never convinced me and I prefer Gary Oliver playing just behind. Depending on how ready McGlynn feels Keelan Adams is I think a right back should be added to cover Finn. Possibly a versatile right back that can also play CB because it would be good to be able to keep Hendo in midfield even if pick up an injury or two at the back.

In short I think we basically need to replace the roles of Sean Mackie, Dylan Tait, Ethan Ross, Stephen McGinn, Sam Long, Leighton Bisland and Ryan Shanley in the squad, although in the first 2 or 3 cases that “replacement” could just be a new contract for that player. 

Shanley has an option for another year but I think of course it will be the clubs choice to activate it.

I would keep Mackie as back up.

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Shanley has an option for another year but I think of course it will be the clubs choice to activate it.

I would keep Mackie as back up.

I'm kind of hoping you let Stanley go and we (Alloa) can maybe sign him.

If we could I would keep Mackie, Ross, Tait and Shanley. There is a lot to be said about the togetherness of this squad and although if everyone is fit Mackie, Ross and Shanley wouldn’t be starters I think they are all good squad players who can offer something off the bench. Whatever John decides though I will trust him.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Agree with that. Tait would be my first priority. Mackie has done well at centre half and would be a good back up option provided he’s on a reasonable wage given he can cover two positions well.

Ross isn’t a player I’d be looking to throw money at to keep. He’s a decent squad option but doesn’t have the end product to justify a starting slot. It’s possibly money that could be used elsewhere as I’d also have Agyeman ahead of him in the pecking order.

Shanley is still young but for me hasn’t shown nearly enough to suggest he’d contribute much a league up. He may develop but he’s not going to do that sitting on our bench or in the stand, so I don’t see where he fits into the squad if we sign another striker. Oliver and Agyeman can cover that third choice slot if need be.

Keeping them all would also leave us with 18 signed players which doesn’t give us much room to bring in additional quality.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

For next season a GK, left sided centre back, striker and keep Ross + Tait. Mckenna's basically confirmed without being official(see twitter) and I think he'll give Shanley the extra year. Should manage to move Jordan Allan on given his form at Clyde.

Goalkeeper

Starting GK*

Nicky Hogarth June 2026

Owen Hayward (A)

Defenders

Keelan Adams June 2026

Finn Yeats June 2026

Coll Donaldson June 2026

Tom Lang June 2025

CB Cover*

Leon Mccann June 2026

Logan Sinclair (A)

Midfielders

Brad Spencer June 2026

Liam Henderson June 2026

Dylan Tait*

Ethan Ross*

Alfredo Agyeman June 2025

Calvin Miller June 2025

Callumn Morrison June 2026

Gary Oliver June 2025

Aidan Nesbitt June 2025

Michael Mckenna*

Scott Honeyman (A)

Rhys Walker (A)

Shay Burke (A)

Strikers

Starting ST*

Ross MacIver June 2025

Ryan Shanley*

Trying (and failing) to order my wee one’s ST (U12). I’ve renewed mine and when I try and select the seat next to me I keep getting an error message saying you need to purchase another package - which I have.

Anyone got any ideas? 

Posted (edited)

Seen a couple of suggestions (aka rumours) as to the type of player John is after. And as has been mentioned above, at present we are “losing” 7 or 8 of the current squad. 
Tait is an obvious one but would he take a drop in basic salary? On recent form Mackie would be a fine (re-)signing and you’d think would be in our salary scale for a squad player.

John & Paul have talked about a goalkeeper from a Premiership on loan, and Harry Stone (Hearts) who has just finished a spell at QoS would fit the bill.
A couple of media outlets have disclosed that Mikey McKenna (Arbroath) has signed a 1+1 contract. A 32 yr old part timer but I wonder if he’s seen in the Ross MacIver role (Ross was more of a No. 10 at Alloa) coming on for the last 15-20 minutes.

And there’ll be a host of CBs to pick from I’m sure.

Edited by HonestAl

20 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Seen a couple of suggestions (aka rumours) as to the type of player John is after. And as has been mentioned above, at present we are “losing” 7 or 8 of the current squad. 
Tait is an obvious one but would he take a drop in basic salary? On recent form Mackie would be a fine (re-)signing and you’d think would be in our salary scale for a squad player.

John & Paul have talked about a goalkeeper from a Premiership on loan, and Harry Stone (Hearts) who has just finished a spell at QoS would fit the bill.
A couple of media outlets have disclosed that Mickey McKenna (Arbroath) has signed a 1+1 contract. A 32 yr old part timer but I wonder if he’s seen in the Ross MacIver role (Ross was more of a No. 10 at Alloa) coming on for the last 15-20 minutes.

And there’ll be a host of CBs to pick from I’m sure.

Got to be an experienced keeper we sign imo. I’m not saying they have to be 35+ but not someone that’s under the age of 25. 

Still feel the adrenaline (malt whisky +50%) Just reading my way through other sites and some of the posts are brilliant. Didn't realise that so many of the towns pubs filled with fans till very late, all one big party. The videos of the Ultras from the steeple to TFS just incredible scenes. Weve got our team back and town has got its football team and fans back. Great time to be a bairn. 

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Still feel the adrenaline (malt whisky +50%) Just reading my way through other sites and some of the posts are brilliant. Didn't realise that so many of the towns pubs filled with fans till very late, all one big party. The videos of the Ultras from the steeple to TFS just incredible scenes. Weve got our team back and town has got its football team and fans back. Great time to be a bairn. 

Have you got a link to the video mate?

39 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Trying (and failing) to order my wee one’s ST (U12). I’ve renewed mine and when I try and select the seat next to me I keep getting an error message saying you need to purchase another package - which I have.

Anyone got any ideas? 

I have had similar problems and I'm going to have to go to the shop. The opening hours aren't great for a 9-5 worker

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

What position is this McKenna boy? 

Arbroath fans say he's best as the 10 but he can play out wide, upfront or as the 8. McGlynn played him as a left winger at Livingston but that was 10 years ago.

I reckon he'll be used to come off the bench for the last 20 minutes for Nesbitt, a bit like Gary Oliver this season.

Edited by FFC 1876