The Falkirk FC Thread

Incredible day yesterday. This season feels like a turning point for the club. Us fans have been through a torrid time over the past 5 years and it’s been hard at times to stay positive but what we have done this season has been nothing short of sensational.

Make no mistake, we deserve this. We’ve backed the club in numbers and the support we’ve shown whilst being in the third tier is incredible when you consider what we’ve had to put up with. So congratulations to the players, management team, board and staff but most of all congratulate yourself because you’ve played a huge part in this success

48 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Trying (and failing) to order my wee one’s ST (U12). I’ve renewed mine and when I try and select the seat next to me I keep getting an error message saying you need to purchase another package - which I have.

Anyone got any ideas? 

Still waiting on an email back. If I haven't heard tomorrow I'm going to phone up or drop past the shop. Exact same as you. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Still waiting on an email back. If I haven't heard tomorrow I'm going to phone up or drop past the shop. Exact same as you. 

Shop might not be open tomorrow. It's a bank holiday. 

1 hour ago, printer said:

I'm kind of hoping you let Stanley go and we (Alloa) can maybe sign him.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I presume he'll sign for Livingston. 

image.jpeg.a8c37fbdabec6ca135d81782ca83d2f9.jpegimage.jpeg.be4c3042b71f177c01e421fd3867b5ad.jpeg

That's another fine mess he's gotten them into.

Brilliant day and brilliant night.

My son was stressed out his box at half time and I told him not to worry as this team will get the job done - and we did.

We were both in tears after the penalty.

Not giving a f**k what anyone says, when it’s your team, and your local team and your family’s team it means much, much, much more.

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Brilliant day and brilliant night.

My son was stressed out his box at half time and I told him not to worry as this team will get the job done - and we did.

We were both in tears after the penalty.

Not giving a f**k what anyone says, when it’s your team, and your local team and your family’s team it means much, much, much more.

I’ve only celebrated a few goals more than I did after Spencer’s penalty yesterday. What a massive relief and achievement.

Just now, Tea and Busquets said:

I’ve only celebrated a few goals more than I did after Spencer’s penalty yesterday. What a massive relief and achievement.

I was screaming and jumping around like a wee bairn. 

Signing Ross (and Tait of course) is the priority for me. Miller I thought had a poor game going by his standards and the first thing Ross does when he comes on is go by about 2 people and get up the byline. He’d be an outstanding option to have and easier to sign IMO since he’s out of contract.

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Would you take Sean Mackie, Dylan Tait and Ethan Ross again? I certainly would give Mackie and Tait another year. Ross is more of a borderline case and I’d probably be having a look what else is available first.

I still think we need an alternative option to Ross MacIver up front. Shanley has never convinced me and I prefer Gary Oliver playing just behind. Depending on how ready McGlynn feels Keelan Adams is I think a right back should be added to cover Finn. Possibly a versatile right back that can also play CB because it would be good to be able to keep Hendo in midfield even if pick up an injury or two at the back.

In short I think we basically need to replace the roles of Sean Mackie, Dylan Tait, Ethan Ross, Stephen McGinn, Sam Long, Leighton Bisland and Ryan Shanley in the squad, although in the first 2 or 3 cases that “replacement” could just be a new contract for that player. 

Henderson and Yeats are these rare multi purpose players that contribute so much to giving the manager flexibility in team selection, changes etc.

From my Hib's contacts the feeling is they have been so lacking at midfield Tait will be playing unless there is a tempting offer. Hibs got what they wanted from the loan deal. Tait got first team football and puts himself in the shop window if he is not wanted at Hibs. They reckon £20-30k.

We might just get a surprise on the quality that we get in the closed season.

In the brutal reality of football there's maybe 1 or 2 of our squad that can't take the step up to a higher league but hopefully not. Cover for that eventuality have to be signed.

McGlynn is no mug and will have these avenues covered already.