The Falkirk FC Thread

Just heard from a friend who was renewing his Season Ticket at the shop today they have sold out the KM Stand. A few may come free as seats were held back till the 1st of June for current Season Ticket but those seats come from from then. 

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

Agreed. Dundee Utd twice last season, Ayr away in the Trust Trophy last season and I'm sure we played them twice in cup comps in the 22/23 season as well as having them 4 times in the league this coming season. Stenny away isn't exactly a game to get the juices flowing. 

Have to fancy our chances of going through in second place, worst case is one of the best 3rd placed teams

Only the group winners are guaranteed a place in the next round, with only the three best placed second placed teams so qualifying will be a challenge…..

23 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Only the group winners are guaranteed a place in the next round, with only the three best placed second placed teams so qualifying will be a challenge…..

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Have to be one of best second teams not third. So probably need 9 out of 9 points from ayr stenny and Buckie 

Ah, I had it in my head it was the top two from each group plus 3 or 4 of the best 3rd placed teams

12 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Stirlingshire cup returning according to Stirling Albion's statement.

Think we were getting dissolved as an association for being inactive too long otherwise.

36 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Stirlingshire cup returning according to Stirling Albion's statement.

From that statement

"The Stirlingshire Cup is returning. The format will be two groups of three with a home and away tie for each team. Group winners will meet in the final. Clubs competing are Stirling Albion, Alloa, Dumbarton, East Stirlingshire, Falkirk and Stenhousemuir. The draw will be held today (29 May) at the Association AGM."

Sounds good, draw is today too!

46 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

From that statement

"The Stirlingshire Cup is returning. The format will be two groups of three with a home and away tie for each team. Group winners will meet in the final. Clubs competing are Stirling Albion, Alloa, Dumbarton, East Stirlingshire, Falkirk and Stenhousemuir. The draw will be held today (29 May) at the Association AGM."

Sounds good, draw is today too!

Apologies as it's probably been asked countless times before but why are Dumbarton eligible for the Stirlingsire Cup? I can kind of understand Alloa being involved but why Dumbarton?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Apologies as it's probably been asked countless times before but why are Dumbarton eligible for the Stirlingsire Cup? I can kind of understand Alloa being involved but why Dumbarton?

Is it not because it's within the periphery of the Trossachs & Loch Lomond so get's included within Stirling's boundaries as opposed to being on the other side of the Clyde?

Edited by Blame Me
Geography

43 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

"The Stirlingshire FA was formed on Christmas Day 1883, with a meeting, in the Railway Hotel, Larbert, between the Falkirk, East Stirlingshire, Tayavalla, Dunipace, King's Park, Campsie the original Stenhousemuir Football Clubs. The Stirlingshire Cup, introduced that same season, is one of the longest competed trophies in the world, and it is still the same trophy to this day. In later years the Stirlingshire FA absorbed both the Clackmannanshire & Dunbartonshire Football Associations."

Found this at https://www.oocities.org/br1anmccoll/stirlingcup.htm

Clydebank were also a member due to their merger with The Shire in the 60s. Would happily see it extended to include all the former junior clubs across the region now that we have a pyramid. 

Board update on the squad front is interesting.

A GK signing is a certainty, Tait's obviously a target and I think a fair few of us expected Ross to return but that would leave us with no more room, unless Jordan Allan moving on allows us another signing. Bobby Wales on loan would do.

Eighteen players are currently contracted for next season, with another two or three to be added to the first team squad.

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

A GK signing is a certainty, Tait's obviously a target and I think a fair few of us expected Ross to return but that would leave us with no more room, unless Jordan Allan moving on allows us another signing. Bobby Wales on loan would do.

Eighteen players are currently contracted for next season, with another two or three to be added to the first team squad.

Hoping that there’s a significant uptake in STs that allows the budget to stretch. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Makes sense given McGlynn has said he’s aiming for a squad of around 20 and the vast majority from last season have signed on.

Think we’ve got the basis of a squad that can compete well but would like to have seen a few quality additions in the mould of Lang, Spencer and Miller this season to compete at the top end.

Edited by PedroMoutinho